Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

TopHatGenius posted:

Why does this game take soo fukken long to load...

because GTA3 happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

190z is out. The tires don't come anywhere near filling out fender flares, so straight into the garbage it goes. they should have made the widebody a benny's custom and given us a pandem kit.

Fills out my JDM garage

Also, the Kamacho is great, but whether you put a box in the back or not, there's a hitbox taking up the front ~foot of the box. such bullshit.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Feb 20, 2018

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Yep, I wanted Liberty Walk and got frisbees with a car for a hat :(

Pretty sure if you're on pc, you can use mod menus to adjust wheel offset

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

:agreed: on the flares. It really bums me out that I can't widen the wheels, or at the very least have them poke out when you slap on those bolt on arches.

It is a super fun and pretty car other than that little issue. Lots of really good visual options, and you can make it into a really nice JDM-lookin 240Z clone. A large chunk of the Tuner wheels work really well with this thing, and it has a wide variety of cool spoilers. Real nice hood options too, I had a hard time choosing between stock and clean or the classic vented one. It throws flames like crazy too, the pictures don't do it justice with how much the exhaust pops :allears:

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Powershift posted:

190z is out. The tires don't come anywhere near filling out fender flares, so straight into the garbage it goes. they should have made the widebody a benny's custom and given us a pandem kit.

Agreed. I wanted to live out my fantasy of an LS swapped Datsun with some steamrollers in the back. Nope.

In other news, Avenger is love:

https://vimeo.com/257294009

Locobono fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Feb 24, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

At least the shots you get when you fail a mission can get you cool screengrabs.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
It sure does!

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action
Using the MOC for the Haulage CEO activity gives you an invincible trailer to haul behind your nearly invincible cab, and nearly always draws attention.

https://vimeo.com/257293971

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Also got my best screenshot from a "mission failed" screen.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Locobono posted:

Using the MOC for the Haulage CEO activity gives you an invincible trailer to haul behind your nearly invincible cab, and nearly always draws attention.

https://vimeo.com/257293971

Wrong. The trailer for haulage is always invincible. The cabs however are not, so using an MOC cab is not a bad idea for the extra explosive resistance. That guy blasting your trailer with rockets? He's just an idiot.

My favorite thing for haulage is the phantom wedge. Doesn't have a ton of health, but you can plow through most things & it's way faster than a regular phantom.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Wrong. The trailer for haulage is always invincible. The cabs however are not, so using an MOC cab is not a bad idea for the extra explosive resistance. That guy blasting your trailer with rockets? He's just an idiot.

My favorite thing for haulage is the phantom wedge. Doesn't have a ton of health, but you can plow through most things & it's way faster than a regular phantom.

What did I say that was wrong?

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Nothin, y.e.f. musta misread your post

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Locobono posted:

What did I say that was wrong?

Your post made it sound like using the moc cab grants the trailer invincibility.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Oh yeah, that is ambiguous

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I had some fun once using a passive tank's gun like a baseball bat, keeping a guy's haulage trailer away from him. You can lodge the trailer in some impossible places, just have to keep it on its wheels or it'll teleport to a safe spot. Good times.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

So Rockstar threw some more cease-and-desist letters at a few mod menu makers. One of them simply closed shop while another's trying to cover its tracks to avoid getting sued.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Domestic Amuse posted:

So Rockstar threw some more cease-and-desist letters at a few mod menu makers. One of them simply closed shop while another's trying to cover its tracks to avoid getting sued.

Where's your source on this? I'm googling around and can't find anything except sketchy Reddit posts that seem to mostly just be chicken-littling, but the menu I use had its site go completely dark, so I'm a little worried.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Your post made it sound like using the moc cab grants the trailer invincibility.

I don't see how since my post was 25 words long and included "nearly invincible"

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Where's your source on this? I'm googling around and can't find anything except sketchy Reddit posts that seem to mostly just be chicken-littling, but the menu I use had its site go completely dark, so I'm a little worried.

This is directly from a highly popular menu, which is the same boilerplate they put up when their last menu went offline months ago:

quote:

After discussions with Take-Two Interactive, we are immediately ceasing all maintenance, development, and distribution of our cheat menu services. We will also be donating our proceeds to a charity designated by Take-Two. We apologize for any and all problems our software has caused to the Grand Theft Auto Online community.

Another forum posted the following:

quote:

As some of you may have already noticed, we, the original developers of :pcgaming1:, haven taken on new names. Many of our staff members are also hidden behind new personas.

This hasn't been done as a sign of us shutting down. We are not shutting down. We have decided to protect our identities and privacy as much as possible on the site. This decision was made as Take-Two Interactive has recently dished out 3 more cease and desist letters, once again threatening popular cheats and being all around bullies.
We will not disclose who has received these letters, or even when they were received, but we felt the need to be transparent about the matter. :pcgaming1: is not among those affected; we are simply taking precautions in order to protect ourselves and the users of :pcgaming1:.
We hope you guys understand.

Aside from another Reddit post on r/gtaonline, that's about it.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Locobono posted:

I don't see how since my post was 25 words long and included "nearly invincible"

it's the way your sentence is constructed

Locobono posted:

It's ok, I got what you meant. Y.A.F. just trying to make things clear for new people. tbh i kinda thought you meant something about using the moc trailer for haulage, and had to re-read it. nbd bud :)

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
:coffeepal:

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
GTA Online: Using the MOC for the Haulage CEO activity gives you an invincible trailer to haul behind your nearly invincible cab, and nearly always draws attention.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Waiting for my router to reboot i was dicking around in single player. The traffic variety alone almost makes it feel like a different game. Taxis and Buffalo police cars and warreners and pantos driving around.

Really reminds you that this is a buggy as poo poo game from 2013 with layers and layers of make-up slathered all over it.

It also makes me loving hate the loving radius SUV bullshit that seems to make up half of all traffic online.

gently caress you, you piece of poo poo. :argh:

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
So I am very much a noob. I played a bit with my uncle and his buddies, so I have $130,000. The OP says I should buy a high end apartment to run a heist. How do I do that?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

IAmThatIs posted:

So I am very much a noob. I played a bit with my uncle and his buddies, so I have $130,000. The OP says I should buy a high end apartment to run a heist. How do I do that?

$130,000 isn't enough to buy a high end apartment. When you're ready to, go to the realty website on your phone. Most apartments with 10 car garages have a heist room, which is what's needed to launch a heist. Once you have one, go to the heist room and lester should guide you through the rest of the process.

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
Thanks for the help!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The singleplayer world is magnificent and super vibrant.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

mutata posted:

The singleplayer world is magnificent and super vibrant.

It really is shocking how much has been pared away to make online marginally functional.

Almost makes you wish the game could have a sequel with engine and netcode improvements and such.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

IAmThatIs posted:

Hopefully you got in on the tax refund special and should be looking at at least 250k in the next few days. That might be enough to get you into that apartment
Otherwise just roll w someone this week, bunch of double funbux modes going on

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
So another question. When I buy the appartment, can it be any 10 car garage one (like the 200,000 dollar one) or only one from the "Executives and other criminals" expansion

I did a doomsday heist with pubbies and got 150000 bucks

Thanks for your help everyone!!

IAmThatIs fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Feb 27, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

IAmThatIs posted:

So another question. When I buy the appartment, can it be any 10 car garage one (like the 200,000 dollar one) or only one from the "Executives and other criminals" expansion

I did a doomsday heist with pubbies and got 150000 bucks

Any of the ones with 10 cars, including that cheap one at Del Perro. They're classified as High End Apartments and capable of doing heists.

You may have trouble triggering the first heist (The Fleeca Job) after Lester calls you because there's no icon. Just drive to Lester's garment factory and if the heist is ready to begin, you'll see the icon appear on your map and you can trigger it by walking in. The Fleeca Job is free, but the other heists require increasing amounts of buy-in money to activate them. The heist organizer also only makes money at the very end when it's complete, while the crew get paid for each setup, so play with buddies so you can breeze through them instead of letting your $40,000 sit around for an eternity because of pubbies.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

No, it has to be a high end apartment with a heist room. There might be a few that have smaller garages, but an apartment with a 10 car garage is almost guaranteed to have a heist room. The doomsday heists are a whole seperate thing with their own in order/loyalty/mastermind thigns.

In reguards to the original heists:

You get a bonus for the first time you do a heist.
You get a bonus for doing all the heists in order, something easier to do when you're hosting.
You get a bonus for doing all the heists in order with the same 4 people, something easier to do when you have 3 friends willing to do it with you
You get a $10m bonus for doing all the heists on hard, in order, with the 4 same people. Something easier to do when you hate yourself and 3 other people.

There might be enough people in the discord willing to try to mastermind it with you, maybe even a couple old vets willing to do it just for the challenge. That $10m could set you up with consistent revenue in the game.

I could probably do a quick write-op for the OP on a very basic guide to make the 5 original heists easier if there's enough demand.

It's also worth noting that tomorrow is the last drip-feed car from the doomsday heist pack which usually means the announcement of a new pack and a week of 2x money on stuff that's actually fun. If they do 2x on contact missions we could probably shame coupe into putting a 40 hour week into spamming profitable contact missions dragging anybody else along for the cash.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

If you're on PC, I'm definitely down in Discord for helping you with heists. I also need helping with Series A Funding because pubbies are so bad that I haven't even gotten one setup completed in like two weeks.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Powershift posted:

Waiting for my router to reboot i was dicking around in single player. The traffic variety alone almost makes it feel like a different game. Taxis and Buffalo police cars and warreners and pantos driving around.

Really reminds you that this is a buggy as poo poo game from 2013 with layers and layers of make-up slathered all over it.

It also makes me loving hate the loving radius SUV bullshit that seems to make up half of all traffic online.

gently caress you, you piece of poo poo. :argh:

Vapid, indeed.

Also, "this car is too hot to modify/store. please grind more gta bux or buy a Shark Card and buy it online kthx"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Powershift posted:

It really is shocking how much has been pared away to make online marginally functional.

Almost makes you wish the game could have a sequel with engine and netcode improvements and such.

Since I have the Paleto Forest bunker, I decided to take a drive through "my town" and actually look at Paleto Bay deeper than just zooming in and out of Ammunation.

The detail is incredible even in multiplayer. Every single building is handcrafted and unique, even with details like posters for local events or "Since 1954" written under the business name. Even though you can't enter a lot of the structures, everything looks like a real town. You can even tell how badly it's dying by the number of closed businesses.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

From what I've heard, the artists are generally encouraged to go into as much detail as possible, schedules be damned. Also, they've already been crunching on Read Dead 2 for many, many months.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Hey, this dumb thing is out. It's not bad or anything, just really boring customization options. Woo, you can get a couple different spoilers and you can slap a giant splitter on it and paint the carbon bits. Exciting :rolleyes:

This marks the end of the Doomsday content as well. Time to settle in and see what the next update is about in a few weeks. Any bets?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
The rumour (probably just people speculating to churn out videos) I’ve seen on YouTube is some kind of water based thing like the aircraft two updates ago. I’m hoping it is as it’d give the scuba gear and Stromberg more of a reason to exist beyond hiding underwater to wait out cops or trolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I don't think the usual leakers/rumor mill have any idea this time.