Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I only really played this on Playstation like 5 years ago or something. I just installed it though a day or two ago and have noticed that the op for this thread is pretty far out of date. Do we have an active contingent of goons playing it on the PC these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Arsonide posted:

I finished Cayo Perico for the first time solo, and with the money I bought the guided missiles for the submarine. They were totally worth it. I just spent like an hour nuking tryhards from across the map in perfect safety. After years of getting poo poo on by toxic pubbies it's great to pay it forward a bit. I still need to buy the minisub and the Toreador and equip my Sparrow with weapons. I want to fully deck out this mobile aquatic fortress.

Sparrow weapons should be #1. They help with some of the heist setup missions and are generally useful.

Warning though they also can gently caress up heist missions if you blow up the wrong thing etc.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Cage posted:

Come on rockstar give me my stupid fake car that looks like my real car so I can fake drive and go vroommmm. :whatup:

Ah man, finally I can lose control fishtailing it out of a parking lot and into a crowd of pedestrians without penalty.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

BitBasher posted:

Is there a farmer's market someplace in Los Santos?

Or a Cars with Coffee?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Rad-daddio posted:

Cars and coffee and vehicular manslaughter.

:hmmyes:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

madeintaipei posted:

If there's any car game that needs a trans-mog option, it's GTA V. While you can make an almost perfect RX-7 Spirit R with an optional wing, the Remus's (Silvia S13's) spoilers all look tacky. The smallest one looks worse than the stock spoiler!

Lol, the blower on the Gauntlet is hilariously outsized. I love it.

Don't have a picture of my own car at hand, but you can replicate the two-tone colors from the S13 Silvia on the Remus fairly well.

Come to think of it, the Tuner Update is the closest we've come to Japanese representation in GTA since GTA3, no? (Not that GTA3's Yakuza were anything but a caricature). Gimmie some RWB 911's, gimmie a shot-out old Nisei weapons dealer, gimmie Haruki Murakami as a whisky-sipping, tuned Ubermacht-driving, bar-owning mission giver. Gimmie a Sheepman suit! Gimmie Shinzo Abe noir mystery and old kei cars.

gently caress yeah. Imagine Beat Takeshi and Gerald hanging out at the end of a mission, total of 4 words spoken and one of them kills someone with a baseball bat at the end.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

titties posted:

I only know beat takeshi from watching mxc which makes this idea seem pretty rad

lmao I forgot about that.

He did some fun / real bloody gangster movies. The trailer is like half of his lines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXLuvZY8bMU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMJ8lXmVOJU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

I really really like the Ocelot Jaguar for a free car.

4 seater, lower top end than sports but not terrible and it handles like a champ / you basically have to want to spin it out at any speed. 1st time I drove one I was hooked.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Otacon posted:

You mean Jackal? Yep, that's another good one!

Yeah its the Jackal.

For those who have it, how does the Jugular compare with the Jackal? Seemed like a tricked out version of the same car and I'd prob buy it but wasn't sure yet. I am still kinda new / poor.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Yeah, I just realized that I don't think I've ever actually been arrested in GTA Online, only killed.

Same.

I wish I had a video of it but one of my favorite ones was me just walking around without any weapons out, just logged in and hadn't done anything. Cop was autorunning back to their car or something after dealing with some other player thing going on in the lobby. Cop shoulder checks me running into me from behind, instant 1 star, cop turns and 1 shots me in the head all in about 3 seconds. I was laughing like crazy.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

History Comes Inside! posted:

I don’t get the complaints about there being internet things in the game that goes out of its way to present itself as an amplified version of reality set in the modern day where we have a ton of internet things.

That’s what real life is like now. I don’t like them being part of real life either, but that’s part of what makes the world feel like it’s real now. If you don’t want a game that’s doing an approximation of reality why are you even playing GTA?

P much.

Go ride horses grandpa

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Trailer looks rad, im excited. We knew it wasn’t coming out soon anyway

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Wolfsheim posted:

This is gonna blow your mind but Rockstar actually made a game about that

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Tenerife bonus level, fists and bottles only, left4dead style minigame.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Presto posted:

My favorite was the time I was doing the prison break job, we get to the end, and someone parachuted right into the helicopter blades.

Hahahah this was me at least once with my friend group

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

I really still like the Ocelot Jackal for a 4 door cruiser. It just kinda feels right, good balance between speed, handling etc and only feels better with upgrades.

https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Jackal

Just something about it, first time i drove one it clicked.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

FFT posted:

I prefer the Ocelot Jugular, but you're not wrong.

Its fun too but the power seemed to overmatch the brakes and handling from what i recall. Still good but a little less fun to drive since you gotta stay on top of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Make sure to be buying and equipping body armor if its unlocked