Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I want to play a fun playlist with fun PS4 goons after seeing Rockets vs. Insurgents.

Basketcoil, LONMOARS, NATO Rules Football...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Powershift posted:

I'm already at like, 5 wins, and the tracks are so bad i don't think it's worth slogging through 15 more to be the intimidator, especially when i can already be the king.

I must play this game mode. I wanted to last night but the update took forever. :perfect:

The livery I saw in the R*-produced trailer for the game mode appeared based on Cole Trickle's City Chevrolet car from Days of Thunder while, in this picture:

The 33 looks like Dale Earnhardt's Wrangler car and the 50 could be Neil Bonnett's Valvoline car.

e- The Air Herler car is basically Terry Labonte's Piedmont Airlines car from the mid-80s and the Auto Exotic car is Darrell Waltrip's Parts America car, so bonus points for them matching up the sponsor inspirations in the game to real life.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 22, 2018

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Psion posted:

There is, of course, already a list on the GTA wiki page
http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Hotring_Sabre#Liveries

two Days of Thunder references, a lot of actual NASCAR references (as you'd expect) and maybe a Talladega Nights ref?

I didn't even think of going there- I went to YouTube and they've been "revealed" that way.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hotring is surprisingly fun, the cars are surprisingly easy to handle, and the pubbies race surprisingly clean. I approve.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Anime_Otaku posted:

The Hotring races are okay, admittedly I’ve only done two, but the last one left a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth because I went from 3rd to 7th because people were just outright ignoring half the corners. I think R* need to either add barriers and/or use much smaller runoffs or put down a load of the slow pads.

Agreed on the cut corners.

General strategy to run well is at least average car modification and above average racing skill. My worst finish was 9th and I ran a guy down for a spot without slipstream on my last race.

E- I got wrecked on the first lap of a race and glitched into the scenery. I respawned 22nd and wound up 9th in 7 laps.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Mar 24, 2018

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

julian assflange posted:

Cool I’ll add you and hopefully I can get a spare hour or two to play.

Just lost 400k by accidentally buying an apartment

Kiavahr posted:

I'll be on after 2pm Pacific today. PSN same as here. Need a break from monster hunting, and an excuse to tool around in all the cool poo poo I've ground for.

JSprague24- I'll be on and off during the weekend.

E- just won a race by .028 seconds. Slipstream slingshot for the win. :smug:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 24, 2018

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Double funbux on hotring extended to next week. Hello money, goodbye temper.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CascadeBeta posted:

Is there anything cool to come back to yet?

Hotring is a better version of stunt races with some cool paint schemes and as long as you put half an effort into modding a car, you'll finish top 5 in races and bring in the funbux quickly.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

it looks like a snow shovel with down syndrome

It...really does. :downsbravo:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

julian assflange posted:

As for the custom cars I think their stats do come in but the differences are marginal unless you have a really good driver on your hands

I've been able to slice through traffic with my modded car after getting wrecked like they're standing still. Customs off levels the playing field a bit.

I won a non-contact race handily while half hopped up on laughing gas from the dentist, so maybe it's me.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

There's something delightful about cranking up Spencer Davis Group's Gimme Some Lovin' and driving through the chaos at the start of Hotring races a la Days of Thunder.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

ArtIsResistance posted:

I want to play this game again so badly for some reason. Does anyone still play on PS4 and want a professional hydra pilot to blow stuff up with them?

Eggplant Ronin posted:

I just started playing again myself. My handle is Smuglio. I'm up for anything but I'm not the most skilled or sober player.

I didn't realize The Vespucci Job was Cops 'n Crooks meets GTA V and now I'm pissed I haven't played it because that mode got me into GTA Online (and online gaming in general), so I'm going to start again. JSprague24.

Anybody else still playing on PS4? Hugh Malone? Aardmania? Bairnsy? A Goon Vespucci Job could be the best thing since landing beer trucks on yachts and setting the pier ablaze while trying to steal a hot dog cart.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 26, 2018

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

BAH GAWD THAT'S TREVOR'S MUSIC!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpXMTnDYkfw

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

MeinGott, Otes, and I played what ended up being a three on one team deathmatch in the maze map, which rapidly devolved into us running around the map and Otes and I ramping off the observatory into the maze in first person on a dirt bike.

I missed this dumb game. :allears:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I want a nightclub where a motorcycle is a requirement for entry and the interior becomes the world's worst motocross track.

It's basically like that time a few goons took bikes into Vanilla Unicorn and we tried to ramp off the stage.

That might also have been the time we were proxy mining the hallway back to the dressing room to see how much air the strippers got when they came flying out the curtains..

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Is there a cute office manager you can get it on with like Luis Lopez could at his club? My character is on a pretty significant drought.

Hugh Malone posted:

Good times.

You and aard were always good at discovering, uh, "emergent gameplay" :)

And Wee Bairns. :)

I miss it. :(

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Blazing Ownager posted:

This guy seems full of poo poo only because there is no loving way in hell Rockstar is going to try to retroactively fix/change anything like consolidating businesses.

These are people who won't add new features to old vehicles, won't put armor on the Amored Boxville, released a reject Avenger as the Bombuska.... yeah they're not fixing poo poo.

The official GTA Facebook page just posted a photo of four (apparently) EDM artists bracketed by "Los Santos" and "Summer 2018". Lots of speculation this is for a new radio station which will coincide with the launch of club management.

https://www.facebook.com/grandtheftautoV/photos/a.500837886607742.118719.473819899309541/1981485448542971/?type=3

I...kinda want to play that game mode especially since between the money I have and my X80 Bonds, I have all the money I'll need for as long as I want to play this game. Who's with me, PS4 Goons? Malakai?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:21 on May 28, 2018

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

g0lbez posted:

How's the community on PS4 these days? I've been playing a couple weeks on the 360 and I've run into a lot of cool people surprisingly. I'm worried when I upgrade it's gonna be nothing but these deluxo whatever things flying around blowing me up every two seconds from what I've been reading

Are you talking about goons or in general? I haven't played a lot recently but, even when I first started playing this game, I never really had a problem with pubbies on PS4.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Double money and RP on select heists this week.

Here comes the Club update?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Balliver Shagnasty posted:

Or pressing the wrong button on your XBone controller to bring up the phone, only to release your car and watch it plummet helplessly into oblivion.

Or when the glitch kicks in which randomly releases the car from the hook. Is that still a thing?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Balliver Shagnasty posted:

I've always wondered what life on last-gen GTA Online is like.

It's probably like when I discovered GTA IV online where, miraculously, there were still players on PS3, but if you got more than six people in a game of Cops and Crooks, you were living large.

I think once, I went up in a room with five or six a side and it was the greatest thing ever. That game mode was my introduction to online gaming.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Rockstar's Facebook page says everybody gets $250k funbux just because.

I'm thinking of impolite names for my club if that's customizable but :lol: it won't be.

Hugh Malone posted:

There were so many good game modes that didn't get enough love even when the game was populated. By the time the DLCs came out, hardly anybody was playing the very excellent motorcycle games in the Lost DLC or racing in the Gay Tony DLC even though it had cooler cars with nitrous :/

I enjoyed free roam fuckery in GTA games so much that I'd never even looked into online play until I think a few months before GTA V/GTA Online came out. I think I did some of the races in Gay Tony because there were occasionally enough people to have a good race.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 17, 2018

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

My destiny is calling

fakeedit: Ya know, I might even be ok with non-drivable blimps, if you could put your clubs name on it and float it around the city like a billboard

editx2: gently caress, now I need to think of another dumb name

The Manhole
The Back Door
The Pants Tent
Golden Showers
Club Luis (for a PS3 reference)
Ben Dover's
BOHICA

... though I figure they're probably all going to be pre named, ruining the fun.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Nobody knows what the gently caress they are doing in heists in my experience. I highly suggest finding some way to avoid doing them with strangers. For reference, me and a group of 3 friends attempted Prison Break a few weeks ago and it took several hours to finally do it. Based on my experience with that, I cannot imagine how it is physically possible to do it with a group of total strangers.

I somehow powered through four of the five original Heists on PS3 the very first time they were running double funbux and points on them with pubbies. (The Fleeca Job was the one I missed because I was on vacation.) They did one a week in order, but it wasn't without its problems- I think we beat the Series A finale with 3 hours to spare before the bonus ended.

What I would do was friend request some of the better players I came across and have them help on future Heists, almost like an All-Star team of pubbies.

That said, the best times in this game, especially with Heists, were/are with Goons.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Anime_Otaku posted:

Does anybody know what lets you get new DJs and the radio station yet?

The additional station they came out with before was just part of an update, wasn't it?

I'm looking forward to it whenever it does drop. One of the more random "favorite" things for me about GTA has been discovering music I otherwise never would've heard, and TBoGT had its own songs which made it to my iPod:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By0gCeyAWzo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqiA946GnWk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcXFwAdEF2Q

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

quote:

Changing your club's name

That's what I wanted to hear. Where my PS4 Goons at? :getin:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

gileadexile posted:

My username is Gileadexile on PS4. Feel free to add for hijinx, I've done almost all the game has to offer aside from the biker businesses and the Doomsday Heists and need to earn money. Looks like they've lowered the payouts for alot of businesses.

I'm jsprague24. Malakai713, aardmania, Wee_Bairns (if he's playing) and Otiosely are a few other goons who would be good starting points if you don't have them yet. I think I saw 6 or 7 Goons in total who were playing in my half hour on just now, but didn't catch who else was there.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hugh Malone posted:

Party bus is good, the music is p.loud outside of it too.

If you want to park it and have music outside, kill yourself from the driver's seat and have a friend stay near the bus til you get back.

The radio, lights, etc. will stay on

We are totally doing that later tonight.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm glad the new game mode has created opportunities for scientific research in the spirit of older days of the game, such as Malakai/Alpha/Dvoraksa/Smuglio/myself testing the question "How many Buzzards can we land in the square part of the alley just to the south of the Vespucci Canals club?" last night. Aardmania and Wee Bairns would be proud.

The answer is at least 7. Somebody from PS4 post fun screenshots tia.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

davebo posted:

I would love if the "single player" were just a bunch of fun missions and alternate activities you could do solo in a private session, as long as there's some forced offline save system so that when the servers eventually go down you're still able to play it all on your own.

They need to avoid an overly-long game. GTA 4's story was something like 93 missions. At least GTA V was in the 60s, if I remember right.

That's what I liked so much about Episodes from Liberty City- the two games were 26 and 22 story missions.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

If you want a GTA period game, play Assassin's Creed Black Flag. It's literally GTA 1716, the graphics are incredible, and it's fun as hell. It even has sell missions for supplementary income!

E- Quote is not Edit.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Zigmidge posted:

I don't know where you nerds get off thinking GTA is anything like Black Flag. Or the mafia games holy lmao. This poo poo is plainly like XCOM.

The only point I was trying to make was that both games involve crimes, making people dead, blowing things up, exploring a free roam map, and sell missions which are much easier in 1716 than 2013.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hugh Malone posted:

I simultaneously hate and participate in the highest grossing entertainment franchise to date. I have no hope for the future of humanity. I will Detroit your video game supplies with my stealth fucker.

Friend me.

Sir, this is a McDonald's drive thru.

See you next time I'm on, goonbro. :hfive:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

*emerges from a Josef Fritzl-esque den of soul-crushing unfun EA games*

After probably around 2+ years of not touching this game but still getting Rockstar’s marketing emails the nightclub update has me reinstalling to see what’s up. The last thing I remember is flipping off Otiosely while we were both driving around hearses.

Looking forward to seeing the LLJK crew again.

Also re: House vs techno, house to me has more “soul” than anything sexual (not trying to deny its gay roots ofc, being a married straight person myself), and even though I vastly prefer it to techno there are some techno people out there I like (hello Helena Hauff :) )

Otes=PS4. What's your username?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

mustardeleven
Is lljk still the group to be in?

Yes, it is the cool and fun group. We have new goons to play with to go along with old goon regulars, too.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Some pubbie decided to ruin my doing the Buzzard club promotion mission last night by shooting at me in a Deluxo. With pubbie not realizing I had backup in the room, when I knew a) I wasn't getting away from him and b) I had no defenses, I led him to Hugh Malone/malakai's facility in the hopes he could get his Akula out in time. Even when that didn't work, pubbie was so focused on me running around on foot (deliberately) that malakai picked him off repeatedly with his sniper rifle with ease. Then Alpha and mustardeleven came as backup, too, so it was 4 on 1.

We left for a while, only to return and lay further waste to him in a purple APC.

Stupid, sexy GTA. :allears:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I can't believe the number of (occasionally freak) mid-air collisions I've had in this game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azD9JecHklI&t=41s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5vQspsp-7Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmPMxtUsACU

Hugh Malone posted:

Purple APC with dollar sign rims

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlnANkHGFaQ

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

What the hell is with the club popularity? I ran two promotion missions back to back to get up to 3.5 only for it to drop back to 3 seconds later.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hugh Malone posted:

Alpha, LosRook, and I encountered someone using an invincibility glitch yesterday. They were flying around on the Mark II and being a dick. Took rockets and a combat MG to the face with no damage.

Decided to try the orbital cannon.

Blew up their Mark II, guy survived, so I got a refund on the O.C., with no cool down :)

Guy gets another bike, I blow it up, he lives, and goes passive.

Tldr: use the orbital strike on invincible cheaters in vehicles for free, repeatedly

I've found over the last couple weeks that the only way I enjoy free roam War is when I have people to team up with, case in point, that.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I found the most depraved, yet fun use possible for the Oppressor Mark II and I couldn't stop laughing after I captured this clip.

https://youtu.be/0eEiIQUGti8

You have to hit it just right though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVVHX683rSc