Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Definitely don't play slots. It's just like real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

I don't mind another launcher. I've got like 6 already and got over that a long time ago. Free GTA:SA seems good.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Hemish posted:

I'm looking at maybe doing the Loyaly and All in Order awards to get an extra 1 million if you do all basis heists with the same guys and another 1 million if you do all of them in the correct orders, setups included.

My question is this, since the Doomsday heists stuff has different awards for the same challenges but with its own heists, can you let's say do 2 basic heists with your crew to progress these awards and then spend a few days doing Doomsday heists without loving over your awards for the original 5 heists to come back to later.

I don't want us to be stuck not being able to do any heists when we're missing a player for one night. I can't expect all of them to pause all heists for weeks so I can do this.

I got a warning that I was going to mess up the all in order bonus (before starting/joining a mission). So I think you'll know if you're about to mess up your progress on that. On PC at least. I don't think there's any warning about the loyalty bonus though.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Hemish posted:

Is the warning the black full screen with a message that you need to confirm or back out?

Yup, from what I remember.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Zero VGS posted:

Also I set up the money counterfeiting thing but I guess I have to stay logged in to actually get income? Is there a way to idle in-game with it minimized so I don't run up my electricity bill? I use 200 more watts with the game window visible than not, and it's getting hot outside too.

The game will log you out if afk too long but you can watch tv to avoid that. Remember to also quit president/ceo so you don't drain your money with upkeep costs. There's been some arguments about whether its cheaper to just buy shark cards instead of paying the electricity costs though, you'll have to do the math. Definitely not worth it for the dinky MC business. It's really only potentially worth it with a fully upgraded night club which costs a hell of a lot to set up.

If you're thinking of buying a shark card though there's better ways to spend that money for much more (levels and $GTA). Ask in the discord, some people have done it.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Fwoderwick posted:

Maybe I'm missing something here but a $1.25million shark card is $19.99/£11.99/€14.99 and a bunker can produce just over $1million in 12 hours of afk'ing. I'm pretty certain 12 hours of PC time is more in the region of pennies, at least where I'm from?

Yeah I'm obviously mistaken here, my bad. Definitely seems to be the opposite, my memory is lovely. Better off running the computer all night than buying cards. 6kwh is less than $1 in the us.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

I know at some point there are some major choices and strategies needed for the end game and stock market etc., I'm not super worried about spoilers.

The one thing I wish I did for single player was save the lester assassination missions. Do them after you finish the final heist since you can make a lot in the stock market that way since you'll have a lot to invest.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Tristesse posted:

Is there any prep needed before these heists or could someone who has never done them before join the fun? Cannot underestimate how little I know about how they are done.

I think you just need to know how to use cover and heal up using snacks or refresh your armor since there’s a limited number of deaths allowed across the whole team. The few heists I did with gta goons the more experienced guys did most of the work while I tried to not die. If I can do it anyone can.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

I’m basically starting over with the criminal enterprise pack, so I have all the beginner assets from that, plus a buzzard. I think I have like 50k right now so I’m very much at square 1.

You can get a fair amount of money by just doing the extra deliveries from the warehouse / corp hq and bunker. Once you’ve paid lupe once to collect cargo, and once you’ve done the bunker setup you’ll get these extra 50k deliveries that happen on a timed basis without needing to collect supplies. One is started by talking to your assistant at corp hq and the other is started at a vehicle in the bunker. I found that by the time I finished one the other was ready again. They call you to let you know when it’s ready. The usual npc attacks happen but they stop after you kill 4 groups.

Anyway it’s not a bad way to save up for the agency or tow shop or buying other businesses to increase your nightclub passive or whatever.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Yeah buzzard is great. I used it a lot for the salvage yard missions setup where you have to disrupt whatever by going to 3-4 different locations and blowing stuff up. Makes it doable solo even though it’s an optional part of the setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

A few months ago you could idle on PC by going to the elevator in the ceo building and leaving the menu open. Did they patch that one recently?