Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

The Ghost Post fit the old thread because we knew it existed but failed to do anything about it, much like how rockstar handles things like modders joining a session and instantly blowing everybody up over and over

fake edit: buy more shark cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

Gomi Day posted:

newsflash:

it appears that most of the folks who were unbanned.......have been banned again!

what.

The bans run til the end date of the original ban, and everyone got the exact same ban that they had gotten earlier (people who got a month ban got the month ban ending same time as the original ban, people who got a perma ban got re-permabanned) so it's like they just reinstated all the bans. Weird.

Ferrovanadium fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Mar 28, 2018

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

Mr Scumbag posted:

Then go on a shopping spree and ffill all of your garages with X80's (Or is there something better now?) so you can sell them when you need more cash.

Tezeract's slightly more expensive than the X80 but it's only a difference of like 150k

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

Honestly if you're worried about hackers on PC just get Session Sweeper so you can nope the gently caress out of there if/when a hacker shows up even if you can't get to a menu to change instances

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

ZeusCannon posted:

Should I buy the cheapest CEO office or a mid level one or try to buy a bunker or facility?

Which is best to earn money with? I've never had any

They're all functionally identical as far as I'm aware so buy whatever office you like most out of the ones you can afford-- and when in doubt, go for the cheaper option. Bunkers are fun but once you have an office + warehouse(s) you can earn money from running crates and cars to afford a bunker.

e: Facilities are for running the Doomsday Heist, it's fun but the facility is a big investment just to be able to play that heist + store some of the doomsday heist vehicles

Ferrovanadium fucked around with this message at 23:35 on May 12, 2018

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

ZeusCannon posted:

Thanks for the advice. I'm uncertain how much the warehouses cost so best bet is I'll buy the cheapest CEO office and maybe have enough to warehouse it up

Vehicle warehouses start at like $1.5mil and crate warehouses start at $250k, I don't remember if there's a discount on those too right now

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

chaosapiant posted:

Is it possible to play GTA online but with a closed session so I’m basically solo? I’m interested in sandboxing but not playing with others.

If you're on PC look for Session Sweeper, it should do what you're looking for

fake edit: it's a program with a button that freezes your GTA process to kick you into a "solo open" session and another button to lock the ports on your PC that GTA uses to pull new players into your sessions, thus keeping people out. doesn't seem 100% reliable on that front for whatever reason but good enough nine times out of ten

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

IcePheenix posted:

That doesn't count as "hacking" does it? Also if you invite a friend to your session with that active can they join?

It doesn't count as hacking because nothing it does couldn't happen without it (the process can be suspended in other ways, ports being blocked could be normal windows behavior). If you invite a friend to your session you'll need to "unlock" the session while they join (ie disable the port blocking) but if both of you have session sweeper you can both "lock" the session when you're both in and it'll usually keep people out. I do that all the time with a friend of mine.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

Eregos posted:

and simply can't be intended

I assure you they did not think about it enough to "intend" anything beyond "we can put this in the game and people will buy shark cards"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

Medullah posted:

And is it a real sub we can pilot around? Or more like the yacht

You can drive the sub, and even dive underwater to look for treasure or something. It's implemented kinda like a really really big Avenger with cooler toys.

edit: it doesn't have a home base though, when you hit the return to storage option it just leaves the map until you call it again. You can't have an Avenger or Mobile Operations Center out at the same time as it.

Ferrovanadium fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Dec 15, 2020