Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Blazing Ownager posted:

Actually the real hidden gem (though a Karuma is nice to have) is the Duke of Death. It's available from the get go, isn't much more expensive and more importantly can take multiple rocket hits where the Karuma is a one-and-done. It's the best early game car you can get and probably the best in combat until you get up to weaponized vehicles.

The Duke O' Death is free if you're a returning player from the original version. You can get your own Armored Kuruma equivalent as soon as you drop in.

The Kuruma still wins out for me in terms of having superior maneuverability. The Duke is still a muscle car that swings all over the road if you try to drive at speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

We tried to pick this back up as a regular thing on the discord, the first two weeks were successful but eventually it fell off. I think Saturday night might not be the best night for everyone? Or the game is just dead on pc.

I'd like to get it going again if there's interest, so if anyone thinks a different night might be better let me know here or in discord.

I'm definitely down for PC play, especially if anyone wants to help me beat Series A Funding and Pacific Standard because those are the only two non-Doomsday heists I haven't completed as heist leader.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Blazing Ownager posted:

What hours are you around? I've been through them so many times my hair is going to fall out.

Generally I'm free to play from 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM EST, the time from when I'm off work to the time I'm in bed. Not all my nights are free now, as I'm kinda making a movie.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

As wacky as all the new poo poo is, I like dressing up and buying appropriate vehicles for each archetype that I have, like wearing a fancy suit and driving expensive sports cars for Import/Export and wearing fatigues and driving rusty off-road stuff for Gunrunning.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Powergaming is boring. Drive rat-rodded trucks while wearing a shemagh and camo pants.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Insert name here posted:

Smh if you don't gunrun, hangar, and just generally operate heavy military equipment while wearing a dress and heels

My character's male so I don't have any of those, but I do a lot of the Special Cargo raids in a full suit and expensive shoes.

I wasted a lot of early money on clothes.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rad-daddio posted:

My character looks like a rave-fitness enthusiast from the 80's. Pink tank top, tropical themed short running shorts and flip flops.

The other day, a kid called me a human being and proceeded to kill me over and over(based on how I was dressed in game). I reg'ed as a CEO, spawned my buzzard and spent the next half hour chasing and killing him. it was great fun after he took out my buzzard, and I was able to spawn the Pegasus variant and not miss a beat.

I had someone keep doing that when I was trying to buy clothes, which was especially difficult because they had heavy armor and a minigun so there wasn't much I could do.

I finally got a kill in by hiding against some bleachers at a sports field, and as they approached for an easy kill I blindfired a homing missile around the corner.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Apparently the best way to make money is to get drunk and play a fuckton of Sumo matches because you don't notice how long you're going.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

At least the shots you get when you fail a mission can get you cool screengrabs.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

IAmThatIs posted:

So another question. When I buy the appartment, can it be any 10 car garage one (like the 200,000 dollar one) or only one from the "Executives and other criminals" expansion

I did a doomsday heist with pubbies and got 150000 bucks

Any of the ones with 10 cars, including that cheap one at Del Perro. They're classified as High End Apartments and capable of doing heists.

You may have trouble triggering the first heist (The Fleeca Job) after Lester calls you because there's no icon. Just drive to Lester's garment factory and if the heist is ready to begin, you'll see the icon appear on your map and you can trigger it by walking in. The Fleeca Job is free, but the other heists require increasing amounts of buy-in money to activate them. The heist organizer also only makes money at the very end when it's complete, while the crew get paid for each setup, so play with buddies so you can breeze through them instead of letting your $40,000 sit around for an eternity because of pubbies.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

If you're on PC, I'm definitely down in Discord for helping you with heists. I also need helping with Series A Funding because pubbies are so bad that I haven't even gotten one setup completed in like two weeks.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Powershift posted:

It really is shocking how much has been pared away to make online marginally functional.

Almost makes you wish the game could have a sequel with engine and netcode improvements and such.

Since I have the Paleto Forest bunker, I decided to take a drive through "my town" and actually look at Paleto Bay deeper than just zooming in and out of Ammunation.

The detail is incredible even in multiplayer. Every single building is handcrafted and unique, even with details like posters for local events or "Since 1954" written under the business name. Even though you can't enter a lot of the structures, everything looks like a real town. You can even tell how badly it's dying by the number of closed businesses.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It makes a bit of sense, since water is so far the only part of the game to not have its own content update massively expanding it. Flying got Smuggler's Run, motorcycles got the Biker update, land travel and guns have gotten just about every drat update in the game. Seafaring has only gotten a small handful of aquatic vehicles like the Blazer Aqua and Stromberg thrown in as a pittance with other packs.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Make it a smuggling and piracy expansion where you have missions to blow up small boats for cargo and do group raids on bigger ships like container ships off the coast. Have the activities run from private vessels, from yachts to military cutters.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Anime_Otaku posted:

Caribbean or Somali? Actually the latter might also be cool, like chitoryu suggested, having bigger vessels appear either for activities or just sporadically as a lobby wide, first team to grab the loot gets paid, mission. Maybe have a few different versions of varying degrees of difficulty or styles. Like maybe a cruise ship could have weaker defenders but harder security to get at the loot like in the Fleeca heist. While other ships could have more/better equipped guards but the actual loot can be easier to get at, maybe just gates that you can burn through like the last original heist.

And bring back the Sea Sparrow!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Anime_Otaku posted:

Given the fact we have at least 3 floatplanes (admittedly 2 are from Smugglers Run) I’m actually surprised we don’t have a helicopter with pontoons yet unless there’s some technical reason for it but I don’t see how the planes would be different.

I'm 99% sure it's technically possible (the floats are probably just coded with pontoon physics that can be transferred to a pontoon helicopter almost wholesale) and we're just waiting on DLC.

Also I'd like to see some more post-apocalyptic vehicles after Gun Running and Further Adventures. Give us the Interceptor, dammit!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Akion posted:

Came back after 3 months, bought a stealth helicopter, broke now.

Did have fun stealth bombing some turd in his flying MOC that was griefing downtown, though. Also, why is my insurance for the Akula free?

If you have Full Coverage, insurance is free. I think any vehicle you purchase gets it by default. Others can have it added at a mod garage.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Alpha-is-Awesome posted:

Would anyone want to do some doomsday hiests?

Are you on PC? I'll be home in a few hours.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Cage posted:

It's very disappointing how few cars can do proper donuts with the gas floored and no handbrake modulation. Off the top of my head I can think of the viserius and mamba.

This is why sports classics are the best class.

e: drift tampa and possibly regular tampa?

I made the mistake of using an X80 Proto in a vehicle combat match because it was too stable. When I had front-firing weapons, I couldn't do the trick I like to do where I do a 180 and drive backwards while shooting at pursuers. It had such good traction I would just drive into a wall.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I’ve never had mod money dumped on me, but I did get asked for it because I got so many kills so fast on Air Quota that I was accused of hacking.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Domestic Amuse posted:

Single player only, with all the mods you can load without crashing back to desktop.

Goddamn, GTA 4 was such a fickle yet satisfying bitch to mod. Loved LCPDFR.

I love the GTA V mod that has police act more realistically. Can't remember what it's called, but they actually put out appropriate APBs depending on how much of you they see. A good shot of your full face means they put out an APB for you specifically, while seeing you from behind gets a generic description like "black male" that you can disguise by changing clothes. They can also put out an APB on vehicles without putting one out for you if they can't see inside, so you can escape by changing vehicles and just laying low as you drive away.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BitBasher posted:

So pretty much how it works in single player? if I remember right?

The vanilla version always homes in on you and it’s really hard to shake them by changing vehicles. But the flip side to the APB system is that it lasts longer than your wanted level, so you can lose the cops but need to change vehicles or appearance as long as the APB is active because otherwise a passing cop may spot you.

It also changes their behavior so they scale up from low-speed chases and melee attacks at 1 star, with authorization being given for ramming or lethal force depending on how dangerous you are.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

History Comes Inside! posted:

Pretty sure you can already escape from them if you change car when you're out of sight, as long as you don't drive right up to a cop car you can go about your business with much less attention.

https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/better-chases-arrest-warrant

This is the mod I was using.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtajYvsPJMc

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Oh hey there went all my goddamn money.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

ElwoodCuse posted:

One of the Zancudo hangars is 50% off. But didn't people say air cargo is annoying and not worth the time? Should I not bother?

It takes a lot of missions to get a decently profitable amount of cargo, and the delivery missions are long and can be more difficult than expected. I failed mine on the very last delivery when my Hunter's engines suddenly failed after taking a ton of ground fire from each stop.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also keep in mind that some Import/Export crate missions can be completely impossible to get total profit on if you don't have friends, because you can only carry one crate per person and you'll suddenly get a mission where it's 4 helicopters all flying with individual crates that need to be shot down, or you need to recover crates from a plane crash. Unless you're a perfect driver or have convenient helicopter landing points between the crate and your warehouse, you may not have enough time to shuttle every crate back individually.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

If anything makes me quit, it’ll be hackers just blowing up the whole server. Happens almost every game now.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Who here plays PC? Still trying to get this Series A off my phone.

Also I think Rockstar fixed my money going away after Hotring because I suddenly got awarded $425,000 for no reason when logging in. Still dealing with ubiquitous hackers blowing me up or dropping 50 planes on my location.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I don’t know of any other multiplayer game where hackers are so common or game-wrecking. This is the ONLY game where virtually every time I log in I encounter someone who kills everyone simultaneously or drops 10 airliners on everyone’s head.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zigmidge posted:

Yes you could be sanctimonious about it or you could get over yourself and do something about it:

Exactly why am I supposed to keep playing a game where I need to download third party tools just to keep every single session from being ruined? It's not like I'm getting hosed up by hackers while walking down the street doing nothing. I get blown up or boxed in while trying to sell cars, run cargo, or resupply the bunker. All that money and effort gets wasted because I don't know a hacker's in my session until every single player simultaneously explodes.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

honestly, GTAV is basically unplayable without a mod menu. I straight up uninstalled when they broke the one I was using, because even if I wasn't actively trying to cheat, the mod menu had options that would let me no-sell most of the really dumb poo poo hackers can pull

e: they're blowing me up? pop invincibility and just ignore them. they box me in somewhere? just teleport out, flip them off and go on my way. they try to crash my game or DC me? the mod menu has settings that explicitly go "NOPE" to however they pull that poo poo. as a bonus, I could make bags of money start raining from the sky on all the people who aren't giant shitheads.

I'm kinda tempted to get a mod menu just to turn on invincibility when that happens.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Vespucci Job is insanely fun, especially as the runner. It’s like being in a car stunt show, driving backwards through tiny gaps and down alleys.

I only listen to my custom radio, so I just won to Phil Collins’ “Just a Job To Do”.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 21, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Probably the best aspect of the Mini Cooper is that even though its acceleration sucks going forward compared to cop cars, it can go backwards almost instantly. You end up driving in reverse almost as much as forwards.

Bye fucko.

Teamwork makes the dream work.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Powershift posted:

e: the new mini adversary mode is rad as all hell, but the first one i did is only 4 players max which is hosed.
e2: yeah it's the bees knees but needs more players.

I think it's the ideal number for balance. With more cops it would be virtually impossible to win, and with more runners there would be no way to keep track of all of them and their checkpoints.

Also you really need three cops to take on the runner. I played with a guy that I'm pretty sure was hacking because his cars all had ridiculous maneuverability and extremely fast acceleration forwards and backwards, to the point where on his turn he was completely untouched for 2 minutes straight, and I still beat him when I was the runner just because one or two cops isn't enough to box in the runner.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Cage posted:

Theres an option (or its every game? I dunno) to turn car mods on, so maybe he has the turbo and engine upgrades and keeps the rest of the car plain looking.

e: or maybe hacker I dont know how fast you mean

He was definitely a hacker. I use my own tuned Issi for it so I know how fast it's supposed to be, and he was affected by it as well with the cop car. He always outran the other cops in a straight line, turned corners virtually perfectly, and accelerated backwards the same as he did forwards.

One benefit I had as the runner is that he was driving so fast that any time he missed he would accidentally smash into his partner and knock both of them away.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Eggplant Ronin posted:

I'm not the most sober player.

loving me. I can't remember the last time I played this sober.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fun fact if you're playing Vespucci Job II in Davis: the gas pumps will still explode and kill everyone next to them (including the runner) if you crash into them hard enough.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I quit playing this about six months after launch because the character creator was pretty weak with “pick two parents and kind of randomly mix those two looks” and hackers getting pretty much everywhere. Is the character creator still weak as hell or can you actually pick and adjust sliders like every other character creator out there? Hackers still loving everywhere I’m assuming or has Rockstar actually done anything with all the money it’s made?

You have sliders just like normal. You still pick parents, but that just gives you a starting example that you can modify to whatever you want.

Hackers are still loving everywhere.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

And on PC in 2022.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I ended up doing a rally race for the first time last night. Didn't even know they existed in this game, and our competitors quit after they couldn't figure it out so we got first place by default after over 8 minutes of struggling without voice chat.