Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Any time I glitched the fenders off my Hotknife, they came back after a session or two of actually driving the thing. Very sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I haven't been able to play since my PC died on New Year's, there's actually 3 or 4 million worth of cars I'd like to buy.

oh well, 10% is a poo poo sale anyway

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Also got my best screenshot from a "mission failed" screen.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I had some fun once using a passive tank's gun like a baseball bat, keeping a guy's haulage trailer away from him. You can lodge the trailer in some impossible places, just have to keep it on its wheels or it'll teleport to a safe spot. Good times.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I don't think the usual leakers/rumor mill have any idea this time.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

*and hopefully crash them -Rockstar

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Thief posted:

extensive boat/floatplane update would be nice

would pay millions for a SeaDuck ripoff

...Rockstar would also pay millions to Disney for that

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I've only ever played in full free aim on PC, so it's really weird watching videos of people playing on console with the lock-on. Like a different game entirely.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

https://twitter.com/Yan2295/status/975754734928891906

One of the usual DLC leakers.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

If you ever find a proxy at LSC that someone else left, go into passive, stand as close to it as you can and call 911 on the phone. Call the police, they'll come to that spot and whoever left the mine will get an unexpected 3-star.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The money-dropping modders have almost completely dried up, unfortunately.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I miss Simeon's "high priority vehicle," too. Although the last time I stole one, before they were removed two years ago, I almost made it to the docks when a rocket-firing flying Zentorno teleported to me and blew it up.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

using a controller to shoot = instantly bad at shooting

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I wish some of these game modes were actual last team standings, deathmatches, etc instead of all being lumped into one adversary mode category. I'll never get those LTS chrome wheel discounts.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

You can still steal the Mariachi Tornado from Thelma and Louise

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

where's my chrome horse, Rockstar

where

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Lima posted:

I want a Stars n Stripes donkey.

instead of tire smoke, you buy colored clouds of gas for your ride to fart

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Car bombs are weird. Once you buy one, the car can't be modified again until it's gone. But they disappear when you change sessions. So it's not some permanent mod, once you buy it you have to use it in that session or it's money wasted.

So the best option is a distinctive special vehicle, like the Mariachi, a chrome Dubsta2 or a yellow Sandking and leave it at the spot where those things normally spawn. In a 30 person public session someone will probably take the bait.

Or put a remote trigger bomb in something cool like the Deluxo, then let a rando take it for a test drive. Then call up the bomb and boom. You'll eat the insurance cost, though.

Also, if you're in passive when the bomb is triggered, the car will explode but the person inside won't.

FuturePastNow fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Apr 27, 2018

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

not a single second of gameplay footage in that trailer

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

https://twitter.com/yan2295/status/997572258527961090?s=21

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I can only imagine "business consolidation" would be an excuse to sell another expensive property that can control both CEO and MC stuff.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Jose Mengelez posted:

cant wait to buy a regular old mansion to control all my business from... rather than the nuclear bunker or secret underground facility i already own.

can't wait to spend 10 million on a mansion where I can't sit in the hot tub in a public session because eight other players own that mansion and the back yard is a war zone

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Red Dead Redemption 2: A chrome horse with a dollar sign branded on its rear end

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Kuroyama posted:

I don't know if this is true for all the warehouses, but the La Mesa warehouse has an alley just around the corner that you can stash your vehicle in, and wait for the NPCs to come to you. And you don't need to go incredibly fast to get there before the NPCs are even close enough to shoot at you. Four waves of four (two cars with two passengers each), and you'll be left alone for the rest of the trip. Get into the vehicle and go forward or backward an inch to spawn the next wave. Do that, and unless you drive ridiculously slow, you should be able to make it to the drop-off point in time.

If I'm solo, I usually drive to the walled off lot next to that East LS police station. The cops sometimes kill off a couple waves of the attackers. You'll get a wanted level if you shoot one of the cops, though.

Well, now I just use a cargobob, which is truly easy mode for sales once you have some practice at it.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60474/Coming-Soon-to-Los-Santos

Trailer (which shows nothing) for the Nightclub DLC

Rockstar posted:

The nightlife scene in Los Santos is getting a major upgrade. Thanks to the efforts of one well-known, well-connected and somewhat financially sound impresario the underground dance club scene is about to blow open in July.

World class talent have announced their upcoming residencies in Los Santos and fans will soon be packing out clubs and warehouses across town to lose themselves in sweaty, ecstatic bliss to hear new sets from Solomun, Tale Of Us, Dixon and The Black Madonna while dancing through the night and into the morning.

Nightclubs are the perfect cover for any other operation you might have going, so get in on the ground level as a business partner to open up a brand new establishment, and help the DJ’s make their shows the best ever. Run your nightclub business from setup, design, staffing and promotion; the more popular the club, the faster your secure wall safe will fill up. Management is honest work, a tidy way to keep income from your more seedy ventures with Disruption Logistics, The Open Road, SecuroServ and Free Trade Shipping Co. looking clean as fresh laundry.

Stay tuned for more details, including how to get on the Guest List and earn exclusive rewards...

E: Another post, they're on a roll.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60477/Get-On-the-Guest-List-for-Exclusive-Benefits

Rockstar posted:

Exclusive discounts on forthcoming vehicles like the powerful MTL Pounder Custom – a highly customizable asset for your lucrative business deliveries

Exclusive liveries on new vehicles like the Ocelot Swinger classic sports car

FuturePastNow fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 25, 2018

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

You can sell them separate from any regular crates in there, but they all go at once. And are 2x money now.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Yeah the modders can push official-looking messages to other players now.

They'll probably be using this power for dick jokes soon.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The rumor mill says the 17th. No official announcement yet.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

It has not. But there's also a QABeta2 and QABeta3 now and they may have changed the way they test things.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

here's your fuckin' supplies

https://i.imgur.com/78gGXTJ.mp4

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Seems to me the trend is for most of the cost to be in the vehicles rather than the property. Like I expect that upgraded Pounder Custom to cost well more than the club.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Trevor can wear a dress in single player, it wouldn't be difficult at all for them to create dresses for the male Online character. Despite being easy and hilarious this still has near zero chance of happening.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Four people with voice chat, a general understanding of game mechanics, and the ability to read the directions the game puts up on the screen shouldn't have any major problems with the original heists. Actually you don't really need voice chat, it just makes things more fun.

The Doomsday heists upgrade the enemies to bullet sponges with Tier One Operator aim so you need some heavier weapons and a little more skill with using cover.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Hugh Malone posted:

nope, if you get out the bus shuts down.

unless you're driving and jump out ofc

No, its speakers work like the lights on a police car. They stay on when you turn on the strobes with the E key and get out. It just works.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

So what’s the deal with filling up stock in the night club? There are seven types of business and five technicians. Is it possible to fill up those five and then switch 2 if the t[chs to the other businesses to completely fill all the warehouse floors?

Correct. You will be raided at some point once you're over 40% full.

I don't know if the business upgrades affect how quickly the club technician acquires those goods, though.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

There shouldn’t be a speed difference in the buildup of product whether you are ceo or mc or neither. Watching tv or cameras shouldn’t be any slower than a rubber band AFK either.
The difference is that if you’re ceo or mc, every 48 min you gotta pay your bills

And one of your things can get raided if you're still in an org.

Retire, watch cameras, win

There's absolutely no difference to the speed at which product accumulates

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The Terrortruck was obviously made with grinders in mind, holy crap.

Griefers. Was made with griefers in mind.

The drone is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7eUcmOe-t0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opJlAC5G1PI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvhRaNJmjXM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V9gpTfoLSU

All from here: https://gtaforums.com/topic/914258-drone-strike-thread/

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Unless its armor bugs out (which happens sometimes), the truck can take 34 rocket hits. It can eat every missile a deluxo or oppressor carries.

The drone itself can be destroyed easily, but it's very hard to see. When it's destroyed or you detonate it, you have a 60s cooldown to launch another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I have a love-hate relationship with the armored kuruma because over-using it teaches some bad practices and leads to people feeling dependent on their rolling bunker.

On the other hand, ain't nobody got time to steal hundreds of crates on foot.