Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Just started playing this... having a good time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I bought the game on Steam more than two years ago along with a shark card and only recently installed it. Mostly doing free mode challenges like the Navy Revolver, Stone Hatchet, Signal Jammers, all the other collectibles etc. A few vehicle exports here and there, might do the stunt jumps now that I've done most of the other stuff. I am really enjoying driving up and down the highways in the Phantom Wedge and Ramp Buggy- otherwise I've garaged the following vehicles:

Glendale
Sentinel Classic
Dubsta 6X6
Turismo Classic
Cheetah Classic
Infernus Classic
Weevil
Comet Safari
Casco
Tropos Rallye
Stromberg

I'm bummed they removed the Swinger and Zion Classic, those are two of my favorite cars IRL :argh:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

HJE-Cobra posted:

You're in luck, according to Reddit the Zion Classic will be available in one of the vehicle showrooms to purchase for a week, starting Thursday!

That's tomorrow! Seeing is believing though... will have to grind for some cash to buy one now, or buy another one of those stupid cards... :homebrew:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

HJE-Cobra posted:

You're in luck, according to Reddit the Zion Classic will be available in one of the vehicle showrooms to purchase for a week, starting Thursday!

Managed to scrape together enough funds to grab it with $89 to spare. :homebrew: I'm a respray away from finally having the red M6 of my dreams

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

The cars on sale SUCK! Nothing on my list of wanted but not currently offered.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Weak cars for sale upcoming for the 11th-18th. :effort: Of all the cars missing from the game, they need to bring back the Stinger (Vice City iteration) and Yakuza Stinger in updated form.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Rather than attempting to land a plane or paying the insurance for ditching them I just steal them from the airport and the base where I own a hangar if I want to get to the other side of the map quickly. Faster than going all the way anywhere in a helicopter

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

There are missions in this game? lol

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Baron von Eevl posted:

I like that the nightclub safe now makes nearly as much money as the warehouse and sales with the only investment being "walk out, enter passive, walk back in, throw out nuisance patron" every day or two.

Yeah this. The Nightclub is the only thing that actually makes me money in the way I want it to (just showing up to collect cash). I'd pay for a modding menu before I'd grind (I bought the cards because I want to purely drive around and frag suckas :homebrew:)

I'm at level 138 but at least 30 of those are from being in random lobbies where some shady benefactor starts doling out cash 185k a time and a few thousand RP. Once there was a trivia game and I cleaned up, got a couple levels and about half a mil out of that. The means of giving cash seems to be by triggering the collection of collectibles (EPs, Jack o' Lanterns, etc.)- sadly I had already collected all that was available save for a few action figures, so all that effort was for naught :negative:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I think I'm going to put a little weight on my W key to stop myself from being kicked while I idle for cash. Too bad the safe is limited to collecting $250k

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Nothing like stopping another club's promotion when your club's popularity is already at max :hehe:

I will never fire Solumon. I just have to keep throwing the same four troublemakers head first into the frame of the exit door to keep the adoration for him fresh

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

The cars for sale this week are garbage!! :mad:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I wish there was still a way to get the Clownfish mask. :negative:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I did Vespucci Canals, seemed the most convenient to me

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

So I can't have more than one Nightclub?? (not that I would want the hassle of dealing with more than one)

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Toreador ftw

Though is it better to have Toreador which can go underwater, or Scramjet which can jump as well as boost, which functionally makes it a flying rocket car :hmmyes:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Pope Corky the IX posted:

It was a little weird to watch a crazy white redneck stomping the only Jewish main character to death.

Possibly deliberate choice by the creators??? :ohdear:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Ainsley McTree posted:

unrelated: I see that Superyachts are on sale this week; if, theoretically, I were to buy one, is there a best one to get? Are the missions profitable, easy, or fun? Or are they mostly just a fluff thing

I would append to this also, how long would it take to make back the initial investment at the current discount?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

The Nightclub really does seem like the only thing that will passively recoup its own startup capital. Not into doing missions, running swag or that sort of thing

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Gotta get the Agency (which is distinct from your Office!) so you can manage your Auto Shop which is different from your Vehicle Warehouse (which is not at all like your regular Warehouse and definitely not the same as your Salvage Yard!) all from the comfort of your Facility, making sure to periodically check on your Bunker, Clubhouse, and whatever other properties you get a call every time you log in telling you you needed to buy. I wonder how much playing it would take to recoup the initial investment in these properties relative to when the fun starts? If time is money then the cards are the best investment you can make.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Ainsley McTree posted:

Plus my intention is to just jump out over the destination and halo jump in like a cool guy

You don’t lose anything significant if you blow up a plane you own, do you? I’ve never bothered to check

That is a good point about takeoff though, I haven’t tried summoning planes too much yet so yeah if they spawn somewhere annoying then that doesn’t help me be less annoyed

It costs $1K to replace my Besra through Mors when it gets destroyed. I figured the cost of buying a hangar on base, which yields mostly unfettered access to unlimited Lazers, is a better buy than actually purchasing one of the jets with actual offensive weaponry and potentially paying the admittedly small fee to replace them. Crash 'em and forget 'em!

Dokapon Findom fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 16, 2024

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I can do everything on keyboard and mouse at least as well as with a controller, except fly land a helicopter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

For real it'll suck if the map is in any way smaller. Vice City was originally supposed to include both a Key West and Everglades type areas; I imagine these will consume a fair amount of the area in the new game.