Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Almost everyone who posted in the previous GTA thread played way too much of this game so no matter what we say about it now, it did something right.

Powershift is actually Owen Shaw: https://gfycat.com/JealousJealousKentrosaurus

funnel derby physics: https://gfycat.com/ScornfulSpiffyCondor
funnel derby ...whatever: https://gfycat.com/ImaginaryRelievedFattaileddunnart

the one time we all drove these multi-million dollar loving tugboats: https://gfycat.com/HomelyBlushingDowitcher

100% quality moments: https://gfycat.com/PessimisticFrayedBubblefish

hunting pack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF8YfiXAtYU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6z1145DkMI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66vVgphrToU

some of us played way too much Rockets vs Insurgents: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaVMnL9ZAL0

and remember: we never, ever had fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hcQ2wBz7VM

Psion fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Feb 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOBZLIIhbms

coupe I think you liked this game more than you want to admit!

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 12, 2018

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

coupedeville posted:

ninja edit: I saw what you did there

too bad you didn't see what the windmill did here
https://gfycat.com/SleepySolidCrossbill

:v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Blazing Ownager posted:

Nah the point of the game is to drop C4-laden toilets on people's heads with a cargobob.

the good old innocent days of 2013 when you could get a cargobob by changing a url on warstock, then using it to lift someone's car out of the impound lot and throw it in the ocean. And this was an effective griefing technique :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

FuturePastNow posted:

oh well, 10% is a poo poo sale anyway

10% on poo poo they never put on sale is better than 0% discount, but generally yes, waiting for a 25% on the things they do is the way to go

I could buy a deluxo I guess but ehhhhhhhh

TheTofuShop posted:

I've got around 1.8 million banked right now, I already own Vehicle/Bunker/Special Warehouse, and I have a Buzzard.

Here's the thing. The Akula is magical, I love flying mine. But you're looking at spending close to five million to get it assuming you've got the trade price - that's a shitload of your time grinding unless you find a magical money hacker, and while it is more fun than a buzzard, is it five million bucks more fun? Just ask yourself is it worth five million bucks of GTA grind, and you have the answer. And ideally don't buy a hangar or a helicopter without the 25% discounts they do from time to time.

And hey, you never know - it's entirely possible that while you grind up the money they'll release something even more monstrously overpowered in the meantime and you'll want that instead. :v:

all this said if you decide you want it, the akula is a great helicopter. Seating 4, stealth mode, and pretty good armament? Solid choice. IMO, far better than the Deluxo, but I already have an Oppressor for my air vehicle needs so the Deluxo's niche for me is very small.

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 16, 2018

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Powershift posted:

Killing yourself through the interaction menu now counts as a death for your KDR which means all those pathetic dickholes who kill themselves to avoid getting shot will be down in the decimals going forward.

I'm beginning to wonder if the team doing these patches has a running gag of trying to find the oldest, most minor issue ever reported and fixing one per patch, just because they can

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

CBJSprague24 posted:

The livery I saw in the R*-produced trailer for the game mode appeared based on Cole Trickle's City Chevrolet car from Days of Thunder while, in this picture:

There is, of course, already a list on the GTA wiki page
http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Hotring_Sabre#Liveries

two Days of Thunder references, a lot of actual NASCAR references (as you'd expect) and maybe a Talladega Nights ref?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Until you log in and see your actual balance I wouldn't trust Social Club, as a lot of account corrections only activate on login. Especially if you've been hit with a wipe/temp ban.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

A hangar at 50% off is potentially worth it to store your cool air vehicles. I think the Akula requires a hangar and that's reason right there.

But never run the air crate missions. They're tedious, bad, or tediously bad.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Shere posted:

Hangar Missions are miserable but you should at least do enough of them to get all the discounts.

Do not buy a Hangar as a way to make money, it's a money sink.

Only if you want to buy the planes they give discounts for, which is becoming less and less appealing as they release new things. For example the FH-1 is a cool helicopter, but the akula is in many ways better and does not require completing 42 crate missions to get a trade price.

12 for the Havok might be a reasonable number, if you want that.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

SplitSoul posted:

They're back now. Don't know if that means I'm unbanned, I uninstalled the game.

Looks like they managed to ban literally or very nearly everyone playing Hotring Series. :lol:

except for all the people here and elsewhere who played hotring and didn't get it? I mean let's not underplay the part where possibly for the first time ever in GTA5 a "I got banned" post was actually an innocent, but it wasn't that bad. :v:

Psion fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Mar 28, 2018

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

hmmm I take back my previous post if true, but I'd like to see some verification

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

this is true. i'd also take "posting here" as another accurate edit.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

is there a piece of graffiti or similar somewhere in Online which just says "gently caress you" and if so where is it

i need this for reasons

Psion fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jul 22, 2018

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I have read someone claiming the game is on EOL life support for the last year. First it was Gunrunning was the end, then they released Smuggler's Run, and that was it except Doomsday came out of nowhere, which had to be the end, except Super Sports, which was it except now After Hours.

someone in this thread pretending they can discern that this update - but none of the rest of those updates - is when Rockstar has finally decided to EOL online and changed their staffing priorities is hilarious.

what's logical is this: rockstar has always been chasing that sweet online money and of course they want the lowest cost to maximum return, and they'll keep doing it as long as they keep making enough money.

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jul 26, 2018

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

mutata posted:

If you're talking about me, I never said it was "end of life". This game will have an enormous tail. They've definitely put it on the B team track, though, so don't expect anything fancy or big is all. They're unlikely to dump any amount of resources into growing the playerbase via substantial updates.

I guess my question is what makes you think it was a meaningful statement in any way? You said is "sounds like we're entering," so what about After Hours, specifically, points to that instead of the string of updates which could easily be called long tail support we've already had?

(what i'm saying is your post was meaningless)

(what I'm really saying is zig's reaction gif told you all you needed to know)

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Babe Magnet posted:

oh gently caress we're getting a F&F1 livery for the Penumbra

tell me more

mutata posted:

What makes you think your rebuttal is a meaningful statement in any way? What's your point then? Pointing out my meaninglessness? Who cares? Nothing matters. Maybe you're entering your own EOL phase! Maybe we're all going to die soon.

if you literally can't answer the question, just say so

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

i have hung on to an upgraded Penumbra for years and it's finally - finally - going to be worth it. :hellyeah:

sigseven posted:

One good thing about the updates is even if you don't care about the content, it gets people online to do other cool stuff.

I'm surprised we didn't get a new radio station out of this update (maybe after all the DJs are dripfed into the game) but even so, this is pretty sweet

https://giant.gfycat.com/SparseNextBlackbear.webm

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

T1g4h posted:

Ugh, wrong generation Eclipse, jesus Rockstar what are you even doing :goonsay:

they can salvage this joke if the livery is called "I almost had you" though. then it's got double meaning!

if they add some bodywork options to make the Eclipse look more like a 2g it'd be Good Enough For Rockstar, though I don't know if they'll even do that. The problems of trying to make cars which look just enough like a real car without looking just enough like them to catch a C&D.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

ElwoodCuse posted:

It will always be hilarious to me that the genesis of the F&F story is "a gang of street racers is ripping off DVD players"

"Just packed up a real money load and it's coming your way"

because yes, it's incredibly hilarious F&F went from long shots of a Civic driving under a trailer full of 9"TV/VHS combos to FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY also parachuting cars out of planes and getting chased by submarines while driving on icepack

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

I've pretty much resolved to save GTAV single player for whenever online finally crashes and burns or is obsoleted while waiting for a new edition. At first I played maybe an hour or two into it, just past meeting Trevor I think, but after reinstalling, whenever I get bounced to SP I'm greeted with Franklin and his $14. I don't think he even has a gun lol

Online may be a grindy hellmess but SP is generally just a mess with a few good missions so prepare to be disappointed

i felt it was pretty underwhelming in 2013 and I'm not seeing it get any better with age

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Boredom? If it matters I think you get $10k for alive, $5k for dead.

this is correct, but you have to subdue and then take the live ones to maude's trailer so it takes a lot longer. then again what else are you doing while waiting for your 38 freeroam businesses to stock?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

didn't they delay RDR2 like two or three times now? You might be safe :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

but don't worry, the bank robbery missions will be delayed by 18 months.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

dvorak posted:

They finally did it. They finally decided to add something to make the 143 systems in the game take less time to manage.

to counterbalance this convenience the "slowly sit down in front of computer" animation now takes three times as long to complete

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Floppychop posted:

I went straight for the homing missiles on the Oppressor Mk2, but before I drop $200k, is the explosive MG worth it?

not really. Aiming them is pretty hard, it doesn't "point" naturally where you want it to (at least imo) so while you can make them work, missiles are a known quantity that work exactly how you expect. Which is both good and bad.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

it's a good question to ask, really. The vast majority of freeroam content is "spend millions to slowly grind those millions back" and that's fine, sometimes the activities you do are fun or interesting, but it's in no way something you must experience with your own GTA millions.

I'd pick up the del perro high end apt for 200k and now you have a garage to store cars, a room to host heists, a place to respawn from, and you can go from there. do missions, races, avoid almost all adversary modes, maybe join a friend's CEO or MC club and try those out before buying into them yourself. Keep an eye on the rockstar newswire because things going on sale is when to buy, things not being on sale is when to not buy.

your ingame phone will be blowing up literally nonstop with people whining at you to spend millions on whatever the latest grind is, sorry in advance, ignore them all

also someone on a flying, missile armed motorcycle will blow you up. and then someone with an armored muscle car with a twin minigun turret on the roof will kill you and drop proximity mines on your corpse. sorry in advance for these things that I have definitely not done to a level 1 player.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Ripper Swarm posted:

Comedy option: Bombushka

comedy is supposed to be funny :mad:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Phweengee posted:

Was there a car, I'm guessing a muscle car, that had a high level of crazy exhaust pipe customizations (perhaps among other features)? I coulda sworn I saw one with with like, pipes coming out of the engine, then down the doors to the rear of the vehicle. Am I making up memories?

yes, I think it's the Rapid GT Classic. but I remember the car you're talking about

Psion fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Sep 7, 2018

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Umm I think Rockstar made a boo boo cuz I just got $24,000,000 when I logged in.

how many shark cards have you bought recently

. Not sure why pubbies struggle with that heist so much

it's both the most fragile in terms of code (randomly fails for fun, usually with the bus) and most individually demanding (you can't cover for a mediocre 4th when most people are split off doing different tasks) out of the original heists

doomsday might be worse now, I dunno

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Chomp8645 posted:

Hello. I don't play this game, but my roommate purchased it about a month ago. For the last three weeks he has been grinding Business missions. Like 8-10 hours a day, every day, I can walk by the TV at any time and see either "go steal the supplies" or "deliver the supplies to the Business". It's never any other content. Just business missions.

Does he have a problem? Do I need to stage an intervention?

yes to both

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Did this for the stone hatchet quest too, even more fun.

How does max health work though? I just got the notification for 40/100 at level 50 or so, but the internet says it goes up in line with your rank.

it really likes to notify you every time you level up at whatever the last bar you filled was. Levels 40-59 get used to seeing that 40/100 notification and I bet you'll never guess what you'll see at 60-79

does this stop once you reach 100? no

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Bollokan Prairie. I had one for a while, you could toss a lot of CF on it before they made every car basically made of CF. Fun (but not "good") to drive. They didn't spawn too frequently so I'm not surprised if you missed them. I got a whole string of them near the del perro apartment at one point.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

it doesn't matter what anyone does because GTA VI is years and years away no matter how many 100 hour weeks the housers make their employees work

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Eregos posted:

I've also started timed my Resupply and Sell Rhythms.

if there's an AA for GTA online, please join it

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Kinda weird how I can't buy every bomb type and select before I go out.

you've never been able to equip multiple bomb types, they're all exclusive of each other and of course you gotta pay full price to switch, what game do you think this is :v:

Shere posted:

When's the last time someone busted out the minimum wage job hours:shark card opportunity cost conversions? I feel like we're due.

i believe the more reasonable cost conversion is however much a mod menu costs -> buy everything -> realize how hollow it all is -> get banned -> play a better game

this is what I get for leaving an edit window open for an hour

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 25, 2018

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

cool so now its full of hackers, griefers, and insanely overpowered vehicles. . .

yes .... :airquote: now :airquote:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Eregos posted:

Even though, by my calculation, it will take at least 525 (probably more like 600 after mods) days to get return on investment, not even counting opportunity cost, I'm gonna get a Vigilante for time trials, just for the satisfaction of telling them to go gently caress themselves.

600 days, eh? Let's just plot that on a calendar. You're not going to break even until the end of June 2020.

so uh, it's my opinion you didn't win here but Rockstar did!

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Oct 29, 2018

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

bad sport lobbies still exist?

....really?

wow. I literally thought they'd abandoned that.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

is it the armed buzzard or the weaponless one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

wow, that's nicer than i expected from rockstar. pour one out for 2013 when it was the most overpowered thing in the game and now they're just giving everyone one because the creep is so real :v: