Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
search engine of choice
This poll is closed.
Google 44 33.33%
Bing 22 16.67%
DDG 42 31.82%
Dogpile 7 5.30%
Yahoo 3 2.27%
Baidu 百度 14 10.61%
Total: 132 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

crabcakes dogg posted:

Yeah I've been using DDG as my main search engine for years. It's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

euler posted:

You can use "bangs" to search other engines somewhat anonymously with DuckDuckGo. https://duckduckgo.com/bang?q=

If you add !g to your terms it will redirect your search to google. !yt will search youtube. !b will search bing. There are thousands of bangs. There are bangs for a lot of video game wikis, for example.

If you're logged into the search engine you bang it won't be anonymous or unfiltered

I've used DDG exclusively for a few years because of that feature, even though most of my searches start with !g

even if you’re a dipshit millenial tech worker who thinks privacy is dead and sucking billionaire cock is the wave of the future, this is still reason enough to set it as the default search engine on your phone. it’s nice to just type in what search engine you want to use and hit go

!wiki list of x-files episodes
!youtube not today motherfucker
!images massive pov titties

and so on

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Feb 11, 2018

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

sleep with the vicious posted:

Say you use Bing in public and people get really mad, it's weird and reliable

"Yeah I'll search it on Bing" infuriates people

haha awesome i’m going to try this

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Madcosby posted:

can people who say "its better" give examples? cant really see how its better, its just not google the company and I think thats p much the only reason people use it

euler posted:

You can use "bangs" to search other engines somewhat anonymously with DuckDuckGo. https://duckduckgo.com/bang?q=

If you add !g to your terms it will redirect your search to google. !yt will search youtube. !b will search bing. There are thousands of bangs.

so for utilities like the default search bar in a browser, if you set it to duckduckgo you can then choose search engines just by typing their “bang” prefix. which is really nice especially on mobile where you can’t do a drop-down selection like you can on desktop browsers. some other ones off the top of my head: !a !az, or !amazon for amazon, !ud or !u for urbandictionary, !mw for mirriam-webster, !w or !wiki for wikipedia, etc

basically whatever you would intuitively guess the prefix for a search engine would be, that’s almost certainly what it is.

e: but yeah it would be foolish of me to pretend that “it’s not google” and “we don’t track you” aren’t also a big part of it

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

scott zoloft posted:

I don't understand you sorts of "what do you have to hide" people

they’re these people i was referring to:

OMGVBFLOL posted:

a dipshit millenial tech worker who thinks privacy is dead and sucking billionaire cock is the wave of the future

• Locked thread