Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Apples McGrind posted:

google Adam Curtis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afBmN7icFRw Hypernormalization is extremely good. Curtis is pretty depressing though. This is also a link to the version that doesn't randomly have a 4 minute section about modern British Military Adventurism cut out, which for a while was missing from the most common youtube upload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

get that OUT of my face posted:

"hypernormalization" has become such a cliche answer and such a trite observation on society

i've heard good things about Weiner but i've never seen it

Weiner was good but less a political documentary and more a weird view into very broken people which just so happens to have been recorded during a political campaign.
Hypernormalization only seems trite if you watch it imagining it was released today. The movie was finished back when we still thought Trump was a joke who would win the primaries only to get crushed by Abuela in the GE. A truth most of still believed when it aired.
I mean yeah for a lot of c-spammers it's just preaching to the choir but I think it's still a great watch.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

I'm a little sad the Jeb! Mailer dvd wasn't at the museum of failure tbh

• Locked thread