Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum
Be careful with those magic erasers, they are abrasive and will eventually wear through whatever you use it on. I'm not saying don't use them though but I keep them in the same box as my scotch-brite pads and sandpaper. Speaking of boxes, those $1 sterilite shoe boxes stack nicely and are see through. now all my tools and weird oddities are stowed away nicely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Big City Drinkin posted:

Vinegar is insanely overhyped as some sort of miracle cleaning product. It does a moderate job disinfecting (though not enough to be classified as a disinfectant by the CDC), but for most tasks it's no different than just spraying water on something. And for the few things its acidic nature makes it better than water for (e.g., soap scum in the shower), it's still not great and there are other products that will do a much better job. I don't use vinegar at all.

Vinegar is good for getting rid of hard water deposits (as you mentioned) which my old apartment in an old victorian townhouse was absolutely awful about. I hear lemon works well for that too. I didn't use to care about what was in my cleaners before but one of my cats loves to jump into the bathtub and lick the sides.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Mar 24, 2018

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
What do you all do about pet smells? We have two dogs that stay indoors most of the time. They don’t pee or poop in the house but we just get that dog smell. We have used the arm and hammer pet carpet deodorizer and it does cover it up somewhat but it’s still there. What is the best thing we can do?

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Anyone got tips for removing smoke staining from sealed stone fireplace mantels? The sealant was done at the factory. We didn't notice that the front had gotten stained until it was too late. :smith:

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
My apartment just will not get clean OP. Stained bathroom tile, stained wood floors. What will help?? I have no idea what created the original stains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Rubiks Pubes posted:

What do you all do about pet smells? We have two dogs that stay indoors most of the time. They don’t pee or poop in the house but we just get that dog smell. We have used the arm and hammer pet carpet deodorizer and it does cover it up somewhat but it’s still there. What is the best thing we can do?

Check out "Nature's Miracle" brand stuff. We use that for our cats, and other people say they can't tell we have two kitties in the house.

• Locked thread