Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/4aPeoplesParty/status/992397266064293888

and once again the dem party proves that voting for their candidates is a vote for oligarchy

quote:

Others see superdelegates as a crucial part of the primary system — a safeguard against nominees like President Trump, said one Rules and Bylaws member, Elaine Kamarck, a DNC member who has studied presidential politics for years.

Kamarck has backed the original Unity Reform Commission proposal, but also made clear that she believes that, in the long term, more so-called peer review by veteran party leaders produces stronger presidential nominees. In a forthcoming study for New York University’s law journal, she said, she will propose a number of changes to the nominating system, from an increase in superdelegates to a new pre-primary endorsement process where the party’s top elected officials would meet with the candidates, question their positions, and issue votes of confidence or no confidence. Candidates who fail to meet a certain threshold would be barred from debates or from a spot on the ballot, depending on how the party decided to structure the system, she said.

“This whole idea runs completely counter to where the public is,” Kamarck admitted, referring to the broad support particularly among Sanders supporters for a reduction in superdelegates. “However, if the Trump presidency crashes and burns and takes the GOP with it, which is not unrealistic, this dialogue will start.”

When the Rules and Bylaws Committee meets next month in Washington, members will also weigh whether changes should be made to the DNC’s rules, or to its charter document — a distinction that will determine the vote threshold needed at a final vote later this year. Rules changes require a simple majority of DNC members. Charter changes, considered to be more permanent, require a two-thirds majority.

basically, if their hand picked candidates win big after the primaries have been rigged in favor of the DNC, then they will feel comfortable destroying voter choice even more. thanks dems for making it clear what fruit the lesser of two evils voting strategy bears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Rememberer
Nov 30, 2017

by R. Guyovich
you mean thanks myself as you voted for the lesser evil in 2008 and 2012 and then fled the country in shame

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/NomikiKonst/status/992508910190899205

the dems are a waste

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

yeah, expect more poo poo like this whenever a leftist stands a chance of winning. also expect the centrists to try to tank nixon in the GE if she wins the primary

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

gently caress

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Thanks Tom you're a real gem pressing uh let's see.... absolutely nothing in terms of leadership down from the top

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

10 years seems a little extreme since even the IRS only audits back like what at most 7?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I think you're thinking of credit reporting

Rule of three years applies for most Americans for irs audits.

Six if you're doing crazy poo poo, and a criminal investigation can look back as far as it wants when establishing a timeline

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
I don't think you can even request IRS transcripts for longer than 5 years, so you have to keep records that are not required by law and not available by request from the IRS in case you want to run for something 10 years in the future.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Want to exercise your right to run for public office, ever? Use TurboTax's RetainForeverTM cloud offering, now only $79.99* per year!

*Non-datamined product $149.99/year

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/NomikiKonst/status/992788423265128448

rallies being held for poor cuomo, lover of republicans, by the ny dems now

i guess by progressive change, they mean enabling the existence of the idc

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VitalSigns posted:

10 years seems a little extreme since even the IRS only audits back like what at most 7?

it's something they're trying to do in favor of Cuomo, who has released his last 25 years of tax returns because Nixon has only released 1 years worth

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Potato Salad posted:

gently caress

I mean this should prove that the Dems need a real kick in the pants.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I guess this provides a good case in point here, so I repeat my question from a while ago to all you "vote left in the primaries but always vote D in the general": What the hell do you plan on doing when the establishment really starts rigging the primaries?

Because if they're pulling poo poo like this at a mere prospect of an actual challenge it's pretty obvious what they'll do if somebody manages to primary out a sitting bad dem.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Condiv posted:

https://twitter.com/NomikiKonst/status/992788423265128448

rallies being held for poor cuomo, lover of republicans, by the ny dems now

i guess by progressive change, they mean enabling the existence of the idc

https://twitter.com/geoffberman/status/992858249371226112

lol the balls on this motherfucker.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Josef bugman posted:

I mean this should prove that the Dems need a real kick in the pants.

NYS dems filed a poo poo ton of legislation in the legislature to fix all this poo poo months ago, well before Nixon

the major roadblock would be that there's an rear end in a top hat from Brooklyn who is caucusing in the Republican party giving them the majority in the state senate right now

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

exploded mummy posted:

NYS dems filed a poo poo ton of legislation in the legislature to fix all this poo poo months ago, well before Nixon

the major roadblock would be that there's an rear end in a top hat from Brooklyn who is caucusing in the Republican party giving them the majority in the state senate right now

isn't that by design? the IDC is supported by cuomo

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Condiv posted:

isn't that by design? the IDC is supported by cuomo

No, there were 2 splinters off of the democratic party in the Senate, the IDC and the dickhead from Brooklyn who has somehow turned himself into kingmaker.

So even now that the IDC is dead, the Senate caucuses stand at 31 Democrats, 31 Republicans, and the jerkoff who is still caucusing with the Republicans, giving them the 32-31 advantage.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

exploded mummy posted:

No, there were 2 splinters off of the democratic party in the Senate, the IDC and the dickhead from Brooklyn who has somehow turned himself into kingmaker.

So even now that the IDC is dead, the Senate caucuses stand at 31 Democrats, 31 Republicans, and the jerkoff who is still caucusing with the Republicans, giving them the 32-31 advantage.

are you certain this dickhead is acting without cuomo's blessing? he used the IDC before for the same purpose, so it's not out of the question for this guy to be the same thing. it's also in line with what cuomo's been pulling during this campaign season. for example, him claiming he's restoring the right to vote to felons, and then it turns out that he's doing that on a case by case basis.

in any case, it certainly didn't help that a group of dems were being best friends with the repubs with cuomo's blessing, and this guy at the very least was inspired by that poo poo

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Condiv posted:

are you certain this dickhead is acting without cuomo's blessing? he used the IDC before for the same purpose, so it's not out of the question for this guy to be the same thing. it's also in line with what cuomo's been pulling during this campaign season. for example, him claiming he's restoring the right to vote to felons, and then it turns out that he's doing that on a case by case basis.

in any case, it certainly didn't help that a group of dems were being best friends with the repubs with cuomo's blessing, and this guy at the very least was inspired by that poo poo

Unless Cuomo somehow has a double secret splinter agent there to protect Jewish schools, I dunno. He represents the orthodox Jewish portions of Brooklyn and has run on the Democrat and Republican party lines on the ballots. (Its possible for this to happen in New York)

I agree that having the IDC in place was a great way for this poo poo to really not be noticed a ton, but that's basically gone now.

I'm a bit apprehensive assigning a lot of control of the IDC to Cuomo, as why it is a good distraction Aside from influence peddling, there's been at least one case where the Republicans were caught bribing the IDC financially because of a "clerical" error on payroll paperwork that gave them stipends. Cant remember what came of it though.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Cerebral Bore posted:

I guess this provides a good case in point here, so I repeat my question from a while ago to all you "vote left in the primaries but always vote D in the general": What the hell do you plan on doing when the establishment really starts rigging the primaries?

Because if they're pulling poo poo like this at a mere prospect of an actual challenge it's pretty obvious what they'll do if somebody manages to primary out a sitting bad dem.

Pull a Trump and run as a Republican. I don't think the NY Republican Party is strong enough to prevent such a takeover.

edited for clarity.

gaj70 fucked around with this message at 19:30 on May 7, 2018

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

gaj70 posted:

Pull a Trump and run as a Republican. I don't think the NY Republican Party is strong enough to prevent such a takeover.

edited for clarity.

You know,I almost think it could be doable. I mean kind a constituency with alot of republicans who are pissed off at the local party establishment, run on getting rid of NEOLIBERAL economics that have wrecked the country. Talk about how you are the ultimate anti establishment politician. When asked about culture stuff, say that LIBERAL culture wars are destroying this country and that you're not here to distract your here to "Get poo poo done". Say you want a end to wars, by talking about America first as well. Talk about how you're going to make the fatcat establishment pay it's way, say that when they pay the schools will be so great,everyone will want to come to the district to go to school there.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 19:46 on May 7, 2018

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's literally just trump though.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

That's literally just trump though.

Trump was a Presidential candidate... an off-year year election for, say, a House seat would be a different kettle of fish. Shockingly low numbers actually vote in those primaries. A medium-sized flash mob could turn one of those.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

gaj70 posted:

Trump was a Presidential candidate... an off-year year election for, say, a House seat would be a different kettle of fish. Shockingly low numbers actually vote in those primaries. A medium-sized flash mob could turn one of those.

That's what I'm saying. I got my cousins dumbass CHUDD husband to agree that neoliberal economics is bad and that we should be using money for schools not for foreign countries or wars. Also got him to talk about how much he hates the GOP in Michigan panders to Devosses and other assholes. So run as this anti establishment populist. Also got him to admit it wouldn't be bad to have a government provided health insurance , and culture war is entirely a distraction, He is pretty much the kind of eprson who first got bought into Trumps BS. So really running a populist campaign with soft social democracy could work. Also, why not try to take over both parties? It is what the neolibs did.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 7, 2018

90s Rememberer
Nov 30, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I think my favorite way to align with lovely right wingers is to ask landlords why they pay property taxes on their property but hedge funds don't pay property taxes on theirs

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

gaj70 posted:

My point is that running on a campaign of nationalism and gut feeling economics is probabkly not going to be a very good thing?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

OwlFancier posted:

My point is that running on a campaign of nationalism and gut feeling economics is probabkly not going to be a very good thing?

Appealing to the right's lovely fear-driven worldview is enough to win you the Presidency :shrug:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Potato Salad posted:

Appealing to the right's lovely fear-driven worldview is enough to win you the Presidency :shrug:

Yes, as a lovely right wing idiot.

I am trying to suggest that "Run as a turborepublican and then pull the mask off and yell 'HAHAHAH I AM SECRETLY A COMMUNIST YOU FOOLS!!'" is a stupid idea and isn't going to happen.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Potato Salad posted:

Trump broke a bunch of right-wing taboos and still won...

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Trump broke a bunch of right-wing taboos and still won...

Which is what I'm suggesting doing. Also its a good idea to try to take over both of Americas parties.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you run on a social regressive and nationalist platform you aren't taking over the republicans you're just joining them.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

gaj70 posted:

edited for clarity.

Youd still lose because of the city, most likely

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Trump broke a bunch of right-wing :airquote: taboos :airquote: and still won...

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
So if Hillary had won would we have withdrawn from the Iran deal? Is that a big deal yet? Like worse than giving tepid lip service to liberal ideals while being a moderate conservative?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Spanish Matlock posted:

So if Hillary had won would we have withdrawn from the Iran deal? Is that a big deal yet? Like worse than giving tepid lip service to liberal ideals while being a moderate conservative?

probably? a lot of dems never liked the Iran deal, which is why they were so eager to gently caress it over with sanctions in exchange for russia sanctions. also,israel hates the iran deal, and a lot of dems, hillary included, are more receptive to israel than obama was. i would not put it past president hillary to scrap the iran deal at netanyahu's request, despite that odious shitbag quite clearly favoring the republican party in the US.

edit: i mean, if you want to point out an area where clinton and trump would be different on policy, iran's a really weak choice

Condiv fucked around with this message at 13:28 on May 9, 2018

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Spanish Matlock posted:

Options for keeping Iran from a bomb without the voluntary material submission and inspection deal:

1) War and occupation
2)

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm not even sure I'd shed a tear if Isreal ate an Iranian bomb were it not for the staggering human cost of any bombing against civilians.

We also know that's not going to happen; Bibi and Bolton are absolutely chomping at the bit for the coming excuse to Donald the Dove the poo poo out of brown people in the middle east.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 9, 2018

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Potato Salad posted:

Options for keeping Iran from a bomb without the voluntary material submission and inspection deal:

1) War and occupation
2)

Maybe now, but we certainly blew a once-a-century opportunity with our response to the Green Revolution. We also got taken to the cleaners when we traded sanctions + $700 million for (at best) a ten year moratorium on further developing a few sub-components of a usable nuke.

I don't envy the Trump administration on this issue. They have a ton of hard work to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

gaj70 posted:

Trump administration

gaj70 posted:

hard work

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread