Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

OwlFancier posted:

Vote dem because the republicans are worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

VitalSigns posted:

When offered a choice between two indefensibly evil candidates and told they have to agree to one because the other is worse, people actually say "no gently caress that and gently caress you".

Complain about it all you like, if you want to change the turnout numbers you need to change what you're offering people because "we can gently caress you over and you can't do anything about it as long as Republicans are worse" aint working.

Donald Trump was the most obviously smug lying piece of poo poo with an elementary school level vocabulary probably to ever run for president and millions of people voted for him. He ran on building a wall and "lock her up." His brain dead supporters still literally chant "lock her up" at rallies.

Donald Trump won in large part because of "lesser of two evils voting" and is still benefiting from that mentality during his presidency. So this thread is hilarious.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

VitalSigns posted:

Donald Trump ran on saying things people wanted to hear, this proves that running a boring stuffed-shirt corporate tool that says "better things are impossible because of people like me, you have to vote for me or Trump will win" is a sure-fire strategy.

People being gullible morons is a huge problem, yes.

Again, he was an obvious liar and con so if people honestly bought his "what people want to hear" garbage then that's another very real problem. So either people voted for him because they believed him (loving lol), they just liked the rest of his platform (the racist and hateful poo poo), or did it to spite Hillary/Democrats (lesser of two evils voting).

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

botany posted:

the fact that i understand your political system better than you should give you pause but i'm reasonably sure you couldn't pour water out of a shoe with the instruction printed on the sole so

Why am I not surprised that in this thread, much like the lovely Trump threads that died or got shut down, people are getting hung up on what country people are from instead of their actual thoughts?

Who can explain the mysteries of the human mind? For instance: can people stop themselves from arguing in bad faith? It seems like the answer is no, but I'm no doctor so who knows.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

Seems like the people opposed to "lesser evil voting" keep implying that a poo poo tier Republican getting elected has better long term gains than voting in a less than ideal Democrat. Which seems like a really sly way of just making sure Republicans get elected.

I especially liked the poster presented with "Option A: you die and Option B: you die after a longer period of time" and they said "gently caress you I'm not playing."

Like, omegalul dude that wasn't a choice. Then you're probably just picking A in that scenario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

self unaware posted:

Based on what?

Have you seen what the US's "International Diplomacy" looks like recently? I think Hondurans probably could use a little less of it.

Again, both sides aren't the same, the Democrats are worse because the co-opt all the political energy for change from the disenfranchised in the country and use it to further entrench our oligarchy.

I mean, maybe you weren't alive for Obama's presidency but just lmao if you don't think the GOP wouldn't have dictated every single action that came out of Hillary's White House.

oh look another "But I voted for Bernie in the primary!" liberal

Wait, I was under the assumption that everyone in here knew the Republican party was objectively the "greater evil" when referring to "lesser of two evils" voting. This whole discussion was about whether voting for Dems just because they aren't as bad is a good idea, right? Like, just LO goddamn L if you breathe oxygen in the year 2018 and type what you did.

• Locked thread