Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

VitalSigns posted:

But if he does win, we should vote against gay rights and women's health because Republicans are worse, right?

The district’s Republican being a literal Illinois nazi is likely a factor in all this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

The district's Republican doesn't have a chance. This is a district that voted blue in every presidential election since a 1992 redistricting. Hillary won it by 15 points, and the district went for Bernie before that. This is a district where whoever wins the Democratic primary wins the election. Meanwhile, Lipinski has been a notably disloyal Dem who voted against the ACA, voted against LGBT protections, voted against the Dream Act, openly opposed abortion, and repeatedly voted against Pelosi's minority leadership. There's no reason for the party to be backing him other than machine politics - the same machine politics that got him the seat in the first place, since his influential daddy exploited his position in regional politics to hand his seat down to his son without a primary.

I completely agree with this, which is why I imagine the primary and general are quietly going to frame the election as a matter of maintaining some fragile hold that doesn't exist with some dumb slogan like "Better Safe Than Sorry" so the establishment doesn't actually have to explain or justify the choices it makes.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

It slays how me how the newest addition to the gaggle of pricks in the democratic portion of the senate decided to hop onto the financial deregulation train just to steer the whole thing off a cliff. Just slap enough platitudes into your platform so nobody notices when you decide to ruin their lives at a later date for ~reasons~

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Condiv posted:

dems do these too though

Occasionally in conjunction with Republicans.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Since Macron was invoked earlier in the discussion I’d like to inform the people who would have leftists vote for him or his ilk against a fascist like Le Pen and her Front National that his latest immigration bill was so fascist that the Front National supported it and voted for it in parliament.

So kindly go gently caress yourselves!

Any admission of overlap between the political ideals represented by Macron and Le Pen is effectively a psychological impossibility for the snide trash who think they can end the problem with some stupid little quip along the lines of "yes because Le Pen would have been so much better."

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Condiv posted:

https://twitter.com/NomikiKonst/status/992788423265128448

rallies being held for poor cuomo, lover of republicans, by the ny dems now

i guess by progressive change, they mean enabling the existence of the idc

https://twitter.com/geoffberman/status/992858249371226112

lol the balls on this motherfucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Iron Twinkie posted:

I've honestly been more hopeful in the last 24 hours about the state of the world than I have been for a long time.

Whoah now buster let's not put on our crazy pants and drive the clown car down to the loony bin.

• Locked thread