Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

botany posted:

i mean not to repeat all my ~good thoughts~ but my stance has been pretty clear: you push as hard as you can to primary fuckers from the left and then you pull the lever for any garbage can with a "D"-label. the primary part does the pushing, the garbage can part makes sure republicans don't get into power in your incredibly bad two party political system. that is the correct approach, and it's the only correct approach.

that said i think we've been over poo poo and it's past midnight so i'm out for the day. peace

This is the right strategy, but the Condivs of the world can't adopt it because it would provide fewer opportunities for jacking off about how righteous they are. You're operating in this debate on totally false premises: you're opponents are genuine dead-enders. They don't care at all about consequences so making arguments about what actually happens in the world is pointless. It's all about feeling morally superior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

self unaware posted:

Wrong.

so lets go through these

probably true

probably true

unironically a good thing so let's hope so

100% true

of course?

lol if you think Hillary would have tried to attack the governments of red states

This is the dumbest post I've ever seen. No obviously Hillary would not have appointed Gorsuch and the federalist society hacks. No obviously gutting the department responsible for international diplomacy is a bad idea. What is wrong with you?

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

WampaLord posted:

You look at any polls lately?

What you mean the opinion polls where they have a huge generic ballot lead or the actual, voting polls where they're winning everything that can be won?

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

WampaLord posted:

I meant more like this:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-millennials/democrats-lose-ground-with-millennials-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKBN1I10YH

But continue to miss the forest for the trees. As long as we win a slight majority in the 2018 midterms, nothing bad will ever happen again! There's nothing more after that, right? That's the last election ever?

"Why care that we're losing the biggest upcoming demographic of voters?" - you and the Dem strategists.

If you read that whole article it's pretty easy to see that this is just another case of "white people are racist".

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Wow you sure do seem to hate America.

• Locked thread