Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Shame about the A-Wings I got though

They make for pretty awesome dashboard decoration in my car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

If FFG wants this game to bring in cash while also having a thriving player base they're going to have to dip into the ripe PT territory eventually.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Want to buy that Supplies Expansion just so I can paint up one of those as an EA Loot Crate.

Objective: Collect your Sense of Pride and Accomplishment.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

:homebrew:

That is awesome.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Legion looks really fun. I'll probably buy it in a year or so when they've fleshed out both sides a bit more so I can paint up cool Star Wars dudes and then eventually have my first game sometime around 2020.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I dunno, I mean that game mechanic seems thematically appropriate for Stormtroopers regardless of what old Ben Kenobi thinks.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Easier and cost efficient for them to keep them 3'x3' like their other playmats maybe?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I forget sometimes that FFG players aren't actually hobbyists and are more used to doing things like complain on the internet than using things like greenstuff.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Devlan Mud posted:

Gonna get a white yoga mat and call it Hoth

e: or crait

Just cover the playing area in table salt.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The Battle of Cocrait

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That Y-Wing isn't too bad actually and with a decent paint job I'm sure it would look cool.

I mean the scale of that AT-AT walker in the video above is way off and absolutely nobody seems to mind or really even care.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Are ImpAss models the right size for Legion?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Primaris Stormtrooper!

canyoneer posted:

Yeah the rude part is that it's only slightly off. It's not enormously different.

Primaris Skywalker.

These are awesome. Loving that Mon Cal Commando. Kind of makes me hope Leia is released wearing Commando garb at some point.

Just paint his hair grey and make it Old Solo. because, lol. Hoping that's just the bad paint job though.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The coat makes him look like a Dr. Who cosplayer.

I actually like the coat. I love the whole Endor commando aesthetic.

Where's Endor Commando Captain Rex, FFG?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Funzo posted:

Playing the team tournament at Adepticon and we’re getting wrecked. Rebels absolutely need cover to shoot out of, and none of the boards have any. We end up having to camp on objectives with no line of sight and we’re just getting steamrolled.

Sounds like you guys needed to learn how to FIGHT LIKE GODDAMN REBELS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyHvfbrRld4

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

Extremism in pursuit of a table full of suitable terrain is no vice.

That's going to look awesome when you're finished.

Hot drat, this game looks so loving rad.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Iceclaw posted:

GW "support other styles" only because they suck at not making their games imbalanced cheesefest. Factions may not need to be symmetrical, but they need to be balanced. Nobody likes to be the NPCs in someone else's war stories.

Wouldn't HotAC and ImpAss imply otherwise?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

MeinPanzer posted:

The new Solo trailer showed some sort of heavy weapon AT-ST variant being dropped onto the battlefield.

https://imgur.com/a/Y7cDw

Also a battle involving Mudtroopers, who are definitely going to be a popular option whenever FFG includes them.

https://imgur.com/a/ffAfG

:allears:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Totally off topic but I like to imagine this mortar actually launches these:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

uncle blog posted:

I’m guessing this means there won’t be a Scum faction.

Boba was part of the Imperial faction in X-Wing before FFG introduced Scum. Now that Wang is going 2.0 he's become Scum only.

So you never know.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

head58 posted:

I got bored with painting white stormtroopers.

Cobraaaaaaaa!!!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

banned from Starbucks posted:

loving hell that face sculpt

It looks fine.

Just paint him as Old Han and he'll look good.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Lol at Sheev getting personally involved in such vital missions as: Carry this box, and Stand in this area. They really are just making this game Imp Assault XL aren't they.

You're thinking too small. Think:

Carry this box (containing a Jedi/Sith holocron)

Stand in this (Force channeling) area.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

If I can't field an all Gungan army, then what's the point of even playing Star Wars: Legion?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

This means Rebels can make units of Ewoks as stand ins for Wookiee Warriors, right?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

By releasing Bossk FFG can secretly start building towards a Scum and Villainy faction for Legion just like they did for X-Wing while still supporting the Imperials in the meantime.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Are death troopers a special thing or regular troops?

Like in canon? They're special dudes with coded communication that tend to be better equipped, better trained and deadlier than the regular rank and file trooper.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Failson posted:

I like where this is going!

... But I also really don't need to buy more miniatures.

Me too, FFG are making all the right decisions that just might grab me and pull me into collecting a force or two of Legion troops.

I honestly never thought anything prequel would be the reason but those clone troopers, battle droids and fully customizable Grievous in 3 potential poses are calling to me.

I also really want to paint up a squad of Death Troopers with Krennic.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ugleb posted:

I googled this and got about a dozen outfits. Narrow the field?

Just search Natalie Portman Oscar 2020 Dress.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Hello there.

(Your OSL is on point)

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The whiny part of me might feel burnt about it if I had ever jumped into Legion but those Shat sculpts look baller AF.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

AMG is looking for Shat Point playtesters:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf8AeadCXMccQKFzMJViu-cK20a3Y252wxoEBvXozjxQZVIHA/viewform

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ya, it's a bit much to say the least.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

We have 3PO and R2 at home!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Chill la Chill posted:

I’d play a Gungan army too. I loved them as a kid. I just hope that when Ewoks are released, we get Chewie on ATST and Paploo on bike too so we can have the whole Endor gang.

I can't believe all of these things aren't in Legion yet. What are they waiting for? Do they not like money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Chill la Chill posted:

While I am very happy to finally get ewoks, where tf is my Ewok hanglider and paploo on speeder bike?

Both questions for your local 3D printer I guess.