Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Feeple posted:

Hey all,

I've been looking, and it seems pretty hard to find a nice neoprene mat that'll work for Legion. Has anyone found a 6x3 mat that Legion can use (i.e., not SPAAAAAACE) that isn't going to kill me on shipping because I'm in the US?

I've got a 6x4 cloth mat that I just fold over to make smaller battlefields. so if you can find a good value one of those, that would work. Then again, you did say Neoprene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

While I'll be stealing them for my only RPG games, I think they look terrible for playing on - are you supposed to imaging those raised areas are terrain or something?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I like the look of the rebel commandos, except their neon paint job!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Depends if you get the models needed for 2 two man sniper teams. But yes, you can run a 4/5 man team and a sniper team at the same time. I'm interested in seeing what the empire are going to get.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I'm assembling my At-ST now, the best price I found was here.

The thing is a real beast!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

You need to get more stuff. Another trooper set will help - I'm holding out until the Fleet troopers/Snowtroopers launch.

A core set is about 450-500 points.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Destroy their illusions of superiority.

Still painting my guys up, but I'm glad I spent some time making a heap of terrain for this!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Cross postin time!

Grey Hunter posted:

Oath Complete

I pushed myself this month, a good number of models, weathering, custom transfers (and weathering of them), Object light sourcing as well.

The Big beasty.

The Rebel's reply.

Babbies first OSL.

Some support.

The Troops. Stormtroopers are HARD. Hard to paint and hard to photo.

The barricades. zzzz

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

a few pics form the game Ugleb and I played yesterday,

I'm not trying to decide if a 1:106 Shuttle is too small - it's 19cm long when built.....

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Cross posting some models and terrain.

Grey Hunter posted:

Oath Complete!

Lets start with the worst - Imperial Assault models are really tough for me to paint well, and Dengar has a dull Colour scheme.

Then we hit the Wookies.I'm really happy with how these guys came out.

The Emperor and his Guard.

Some Cargo crates - quick terrain paint jobs.

Finally, my Sarlac. He's 3D printed and I love him like a son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Flipswitch posted:

I've been eyeing up Legion as the club plays it, how does list building work in this? Are there specific themes you need to follow? Im interested in the shore troopers and maybe doing a Scarif themed army with some death troopers?

There is no theming, bar factions.
Each army (at the standard 800 points) needs

1 commander, and can have up to 2,
0-2 operatives
3-6 Core units
0-3 Special forces units
0-2 Heavy units

Then you build using addon cards - some give new models to units, others special abilities.

Finally, you have to build a command hand, which has 2 each of the 1,2 & 3 pip command cards and a 4 pip standing orders card.

A Director Krennic lead Shore trooper/Death trooper army is totally viable.