Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

My FLGS had little in store demos today. There are definitely some points that I hope will be cleared up by the full rules, but overall I felt the game was :krad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I've played 2 800 point games of this so far, both times as Rebels

First time the Imperials tabled me, but the second time the Rebels tabled the Imps, including the AT-ST. The lists in the game I won were basically Vader with Force Choke and Saber Throw, 3xStormtrooper Squads with Rifle Guy, and a fully kitted-out AT-ST vs. Luke with Force Push and Force Reflexes, 6x Rebel Trooper Squads with Minigun guy, and two AT-RTs with heavy blaster cannons. It seems like the best tactic for the Rebels is to play super-duper defensively, staying in cover and dodging until they softened up the Imperials enough to move in for the kill.

Also blowing up an AT-ST feels so good.

The list in the game I lost had only 1 AT-RT, two fewer squads of troops, only one mini gun and two ion rifles and then another squad of five with no special weapon, and the air speeder (which died on like turn two).

Over all I am really loving the hell out of this game. I used to be a huge Star Wars nerd but I don't remember much from outside the movies and, like, SWTOR so I have no idea what other units they can include after the ones they've announced and, like, Death Troopers, Scout Troopers, Imperial Guard, and like that squad of dudes from Rogue One was it?

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Apr 6, 2018

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

It's funny cuz I saw that Boba Fett is a new unit type not in the base rules and my immediate pessimist knee-jerk reaction was "OMG they've already run out of ideas for Imperial Commanders, sky is falling, :aaaaa:" because I've come to expect incompetence from miniature game companies.

The reality, though, I suspect is the next Rebel announcement will be an Operative + something else and the follow Imperial announcement will be a Commander + something else.

Boba Fett looks awesome and I like the Scout Troopers, too

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/6/6/hold-your-ground/
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/star-wars-legion/products/e-web-heavy-blaster-team-unit-expansion/

Big ol' Laser Guns :hellyeah:

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

hoiyes posted:

The half-hidden card on the Rebel gun looks like you can tap it and it gains suppressive, that'll be a good trick out to range 4. Deployment will be everything, and at least they made sure that the Rebel one can withstand a Scout biker volley. The low visibility condition will suck if you take the Rebel one.

Even if you have cumbersome, you can move and ready, right?

They actually show the upgrade cards, and they're the same in both boxes. One gives the attack pool suppresive AND two extra white dice, the other gives Impact 1 and an extra black die (so the Rebel one can be Impact 3), and the third upgrade card allows the turret to issue an order to itself (so being immobile is less of an issue)

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

a max squad of fleet troopers with the Grenade Launcher rolls 12 white dice.
Not sure of anything that rolls more than 12

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 2, 2019

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Shatterpoint minis look great. Facebook posts have confirmed it is not an MCP reskin, and the minis are "35mm and up", and they've said it is not a replacement for Legion or any of the other Star Wars games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

smug jeebus posted:

That's arguably not up to AMG to decide

I should say they don't plan it to be one. I haven't bought any legion stuff in a long time, I honestly have no idea what AMG is doing with it.