Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

I am gonna do the sickest, weedest and awful airbrush style painting on that stupid rebel wagon with a giant wizard ben kenobi blowing smoke and howling wookies

fatherboxx fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Feb 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Rebels and clones get away with the basic minimum corps units easier because of their black dice default guns, whereas as an empire player for example I'd be fairly comfortable just stapling DLTs or T21s heavy weapons to my stormtrooper cards since they're so utterly non-threatening without an "anchor" of sorts for decent rolls coming from those weapons. Droids are in a similar boat. It's ultimately kind of trying to strike the balance between flexibility via more activations versus fewer activations with stronger dice pools.

Depends
Rebels tend to take minimum naked units when the list is heavy on special forces or heroes, but full packs of captain+dlt are prime hitters.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah this wave has some complicated wordings for fairly simple effects. Din's rifle has a lot of words to make shooting it a special action so it won't add to arsenal - and it goes around a lot of stuff letting you reliably put wounds into extremely high value targets starting from round 1.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Owlbear Camus posted:

The fact that it's All Prequel Era for at least the waves their showing in the announcement vids makes it an easy pass for me for now.

When they hit up the GCW era... well I'll probably just scale up the corresponding Legion guys 14% in Chitubox and bootleg the rules to try it out TBH.

People who do 3d alternatives for legion are already planning to do models in Shatterpoint scale

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Ahsoka is pretty fun, a budget Operative Luke that gets unique when you pair her with a good source of dodges.
Hopefully coming points update touches Sabine and Clan Wren - they are natural additions to Ahsoka list, but are a bit expensive at the moment.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Icon Of Sin posted:

Which leads me into another question: if you’ve got Tactical 1 on your card (Rex, ARC troopers), do you get Tactical 1 on both moves? Since it’s on your unit card and not a thing you exhausted a card to get?

Yes, which is why Iden's Tactical Strike is very good

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Jyn is great just for having base 3 courage. Teamwork card can do a nutso chain of tokens with Han+Chewie or Cassian+K2so

Lando is good for reliably killing at least one red save trooper per activation at range 3 and contigencies lets you bring additional cards of heroes that have more than 3 (Boba, Luke). 2pip that gives standby is great if you have bus in your list.

Chewie is usually used as a big bag of wounds that you use to Guardian your gunline generic guys. He is ok.

Rebels are considered subpar right now except for 2 airspeeder echobase lists because the meta is turbofucked by Dark Troopers and a lot of Rebel heroes are straight up useless against them; low amount of native impact in various units doesn't help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Well, with their design you see how they were hit in development with plodding and unconcerned and speed and high additional dude cost and that was still not enough because full armor and two acts on a unit that can score any mission is just too good.