Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
The new things revealed look pretty good, though I’m sad that Anakin is not in his armor for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Anybody know of any sweet sweet Black Friday deals on Legion anywhere?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Man, painting multiple materials of black for Vader is very out of my style of painting. It’s nerve wracking.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Nice stuff. Doing all dark color schemes scares me. Painting Vader was very nerve wracking.

With your Anakin, have you tried a few highlights on the more prominent stuff like brow and nose?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Why would you make him with a helmet? Do you hate sideburns?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I enjoy The Legion Outriders Podcast.

I’ll admit it might not be super in depth on strategy all the time but it’s a few relaxed guys just shooting the poo poo about upcoming releases and Star Wars in general.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Because I’m an idiot I need some advice on Cad Bane. In particular his tokens.

I get the divulge mechanic for the most part. Reveal the card you will be playing round one in order to place the three tokens. Easy.

Does Bane’s token still go into the random draw stack or do I act as though I gave him an order and can activate him when I want?

In subsequent turns if Bane is not revealed how does his order token work?

Can I reveal the tokens whenever I want or do they auto uncover once an enemy unit is within 1 range?

Does the bomb exploding do friendly fire to my own units in range?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Awesome. Thank you for the reply.

Makes sense about the order and him not being on the board.

So you can’t decide to spring him on his hidden token early? Only when an opponent gets within range one?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I did a white spray coat >> black wash >> highlight white. The highlight stage took me about 20 minutes per trooper.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I have a friend who bought some cheap water guns from the dollar store and broke them in various ways. He painted them up in rusty colors and based them. Instant scrapyard terrain.

Buying some plastic aquarium plants or little plastic succulents can also go a long way for instants vegetation terrain.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

What core troops do most people fill out their Rebel lists with? I have two basic rebels from the starter but didn’t know if people did a mix of veterans and fleet mixed in or one choice is considered a lot better than others.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Awesome. Thanks for the advice. I figured on mostly troops and vets but didn’t really know how well fleet troopers would go in a full list.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I guess one of the things I’ve had a hard time wrapping my head around is the “theme” of the armies.

My first wargame was LotR so I understood how Rohan is cav, Isengard is solid melee and cheap but effective heroes, dwarf are high defense low movement tanks.

I kinda feel clones are an elite army while separatists are a horde B1 army. I haven’t really wrapped my head around rebels and empire yet though.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Do we have any idea of what comes after the Wookiee wave? Probably due for another GCW wave correct?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

So at this point the two guys who made and ran the game for FFG are no longer working on Legion?

Also what was the reasoning of moving Legion over to Atomic Mass Games? I’m not an expert on the industry but doesn’t FFG have a much bigger footprint and reputation in the game industry?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

This makes me really sad. I like Legion and hope to see it keep going.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I play with my kids and friends come over for more social than competitive games. I’ll still play it obviously, just would like to see different characters out in periodically. I want Hondo dammit.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

It’s 2021. Doom spiral has been my natural state for awhile.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Oh man, if they have a Hondo it might be my first preorder for this game.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

If there is a Hondo he better be clone wars cool coat Hondo and not rebels spandex suit Hondo

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Wooo baby that red on the guards!

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

How do people feel about the new wookiee box? I like melee wookiees to just run in and rip things up so I’m excited about the shield. Anyone have any good luck with the carbine variant?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Just put together a shield Wookiee. Not enjoyable

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

That’s great to hear. My 9 year old daughter is obsessed with Boba Fett and Star Wars in general so she is my main competition. My friends will play occasionally but only with my armies, none have their own. It’s been really fun to put together figures and paint with her.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/ffgswl76.html

In case anyone doesn’t have him yet Miniature Market has Maul on sale for 9 bucks.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Those are great! Really impressive source lighting on Maul.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Hondo can’t come to Legion soon enough because he is the best kind of total shitbag.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Holy crap. That’s an amazing deal.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

All these amazing deals are for the UK primarily. Are there any US stores doing crazy good deals?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Miniature market has a few deals but nothing huge today.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I have to tell myself at least the painting is super fast.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I rather enjoyed some of Boba Fett’s new cards. Especially the one where he flips out and smashes everyone around him.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Those stormtroopers look great!

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Just get both. They are cheap. There are some units I never plan on buying and the pack has some of the cards from them which are useful. Multiple copies as well. The second pack does have the updated cards for Boba Fett, Cad Bane, and Bossk also.

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWlegion/comments/tzbkek/contents_of_upgrade_pack_ii/

Nash fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Oct 25, 2022

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

AMG doesn’t give me a lot of faith in the future of Legion. Constant errors, packaging issues, and releasing a second Star Wars miniatures game just make me wish it was back with FFG

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

In the US the best deals I found were from Miniature Market. Had some of the battle forces for under 100 bucks.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Hell yeah. Separatist battle force and Mando from my wife for Christmas. Though putting together 4 B1 squads is not something I’m pumped about.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Seems the communities are flipping out over cover changes and line of sight. Plenty of ATST questions where the new cover rules make for some pretty strange cases.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Kinda meh on the pose but other than that looks like a fun purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Cessna posted:

ngl, would totally play Gungans.

Same. Could actually have several different units and not just basic slingers.