Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

So in typical FFG style I assume most of this stuff will be nigh-ungettable a month after release, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

hoiyes posted:

Given the points cost of an At St, I'm assuming the chances of the standard game point value going up to at least 1000, once there's more releases, are pretty high.

I believe I read somewhere that there are multiple game sizes supported in the rules... 500/800/1200 maybe?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Have FFG said anything about putting out Star Wars terrain, or are they leaving that to 3D printers or third party? My game store of choice has a preorder "bundle" of the core box + a 3x6 terrain mat of my choice (thinking desert... though the bundle doesn't really offer any discount, it's more of a convenience packet I guess), but I have zero terrain or Star Wars-appropriate buildings I could use with it.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

I've read that the models are detached but apparently snap-in or otherwise easily assembled. I don't think there are really GW levels of assembly required.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Are they gonna do a Scum & Villainy faction? Because tbh that's the one I wanna play most.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Thundercloud posted:

Anyone played it yet?

There's already a complete version of the starter box up on the Steam Workshop for Tabletop Simulator. I'm dying to give it a shot but haven't had the time yet.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

fadam posted:

Is this going to be WYSIWIG like Warhammer? Do the AT-ST weapons snap-in or should I look into magnetizing?

It's not necessarily WYSIWIG, considering your squad loadout is more dependent on the cards you have for them than on the minis themselves.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

My bet's on Clone Wars stuff to happen as part of Wave 2 or Wave 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

I sorta expect they'll do some Clone Wars stuff, since there's a poo poo ton of material out there for it and since a generation of now-adults grew up on that stuff.

The question at that point is do they introduce two new armies (Republic and Separatists) or introduce both as expansion units for the Empire and Rebellion respectively.