Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Can anyone tell if the core set alone looks like it will provide some replayability or is it more like X-Wing where you really need a couple expansions for the game to be interesting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

banned from Starbucks posted:

It happened enough to when it was time to shoot id just say "Ok time for all blanks" and I'd roll all blanks and depending on if they had cover is prob when id roll a hit or two only for them to be meaningless.
Precise should prob be something like turn a blank to a hit or something I dunno but the empires troops seem like poo poo compared to the rebels

He must mean with aiming, so 5 dice and 3 rerolls. With just 5 white dice your chance of rolling zero or 1 successes is like 40%

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I will probably pick up the snowtrooper box and see how I like the minis before buying in. I've read through the rules and it seems like a decent system.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I really like how they designed the attack d8s. Since the surge is either a success or not depending on the card, they can cover basically the whole span of possible success rates across 3 dice.

White
2-3 success faces

Black
4-5 success faces

Red
6-7 success faces

For me it's a little more fun to have little hit icons than just rolling 4+ 5+ 6+ etc

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

fadam posted:

You know those Army Painter color primers? Is there any reason I can't simulate using one of those by airbrushing colored Army Painter paints onto my minis, or do I have to use a designated primer first?

You have to prime, but the army painter paints match their sprays. I prime with badgers stynlrez white and spray pure red and it's basically the same as what I got from the spray.

Synlrez is super forgiving and easy to apply as well, much easier than regular paint.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Ugleb posted:

Alternative angle of Han Solno found on BoW, taken at Adepticon.

Man that pose is super awkward. If I got one I would probably cut it at the wait and try to rotate it a bit or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Deviant posted:

Double posting because:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/5/11/rogue-operative/

Announcing the Boba Fett Operative Expansion for Star Wars: Legion

Also a low key reveal of SCOUT TROOPERS:

Now this is what makes me want to build an army. That boba fett mini is fantastic