Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

A computer but in your butt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the matrix but instead of like freeze frames and guns its a guy playing de_dust

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
an episode that is just a normal day in america under the trump presidency

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

There is a terrible car crash and the occupants of both cars are maimed and rendered comatose. the families of the victims sue each other. Most of the episode is a legal drama as the lawyers try to figure out how to run a case where both accused parties can't speak or appear in court. In the third act we are informed that the courtroom has been modified with new technology to let the drivers appear and testify despite their state. Reporters crowd the courtroom to see this amazing new legal precedent being set. In the final scene a garage door opens up in the courtroom wall, and a car drives itself up to the witness stand and takes the oath using its fancy sound system.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
robocop

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

There is a terrible car crash and the occupants of both cars are maimed and rendered comatose. the families of the victims sue each other. Most of the episode is a legal drama as the lawyers try to figure out how to run a case where both accused parties can't speak or appear in court. In the third act we are informed that the courtroom has been modified with new technology to let the drivers appear and testify despite their state. Reporters crowd the courtroom to see this amazing new legal precedent being set. In the final scene a garage door opens up in the courtroom wall, and a car drives itself up to the witness stand and takes the oath using its fancy sound system.

The courtroom is further shocked that instead of testifying, the car plays ads for near by companies

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
just that one patent where you stand up and shout mcdonalds to skip an ad

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

a young person gets a serious cns injury and is stuck with locked-in syndrome, proven by the fact that he has brainwaves but can't communicate at all

and his loved ones sacrifice their self-worth and dignity at the altar of capitalism to get access to the computer that can read his thoughts, and when they finally plug him into the machine, his only thought is an eight-second advertising jingle over and over again forever

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

your posts, but too much

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

A man stares in horror as he realizes his monitor was off the whole time

pram
Jun 10, 2001

ADINSX posted:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

ADINSX posted:

lol best one

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

ADINSX posted:

lol

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

ADINSX posted:

wrap it up jameses we aren't beating this

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.

ADINSX posted:

golden manbabies

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

ADINSX posted:

like some kind of... black mirror....

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

big scary monsters posted:

gas

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

wb smoka

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

everyone is named james

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Poniard posted:

everyone is named james

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
man watches and enjoys a series
when he takes his smartglasses off it turns out it was an anime the whole time

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
in a shocking twist computers are good

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
someone gets the tantalus device from star trek which can kill anyone and tries to solve the worlds problems that way.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

AtomD posted:

in a shocking twist computers are good

its supposed to be science fiction not fantasy

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
technology, but its scary because the writers are getting old.

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

Shaggar posted:

technology, but its scary because the writers are getting old.

what a shaggar thing to say

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
what if it's like, the same universe as nosedive and all pink and stuff only it's a guy and he keeps getting banned from twitter for no reason while literal nazis don't

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
guy playing minesweeper at work but if he hits a mine hs blows up irl

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

bump_fn posted:

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

bump_fn posted:

space invaders but every destroyed enemy randomly deletes a file off your computer

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

OldAlias posted:

space invaders but every destroyed enemy randomly deletes a file off your computer

ReBoot but IRL

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Something Charlie Brooker wrote a long time ago, but in the future.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

big scary monsters posted:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
guy goes to work every day and loves a totally average and normal life but never meets the right person to settle down with. in his waning years he meets a wonderful person and proposes. the next day he wakes up to a person pulling goggles off of his face, revealing the prison cell he's been in the whole time for murdering his wife 50 years ago. the life he thought he had, the happy ending, none of it was real and this realization crosses his face as he dies of tuberculosis.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

cis autodrag posted:

guy goes to work every day and loves a totally average and normal life but never meets the right person to settle down with. in his waning years he meets a wonderful person and proposes. the next day he wakes up to a person pulling goggles off of his face, revealing the prison cell he's been in the whole time for murdering his wife 50 years ago. the life he thought he had, the happy ending, none of it was real and this realization crosses his face as he dies of tuberculosis.

wouldn’t this incentivize ppl to kill their crappy partners so they can sit in vr heaven? 🤔

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Caganer posted:

wouldn’t this incentivize ppl to kill their crappy partners so they can sit in vr heaven? 🤔

The existential agony of your final moments as your body dies from neglect is the punishment. The vr part is just a long term investment in making it hurt.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

cis autodrag posted:

The existential agony of your final moments as your body dies from neglect is the punishment. The vr part is just a long term investment in making it hurt.

nice

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

ADINSX posted:

A computer but in your butt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
a guy tried to connect his bluetooth phone to his car radio and actually use the controls on the stereo to control the phone

after scrolling through all his music to find the song he wants. after a time he finds it, but when he looks up from the dashboard he finds that life has passed him by, he has not married or had kids, he just scrolled through song titles for 59 years and then he dies of old age.

• Locked thread