Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
never heard of an italian not being able to talk about immigrants, they usually don't call them by that term tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Lawman 0 posted:

Someone shot an African in Florence

quote:

Police said they had found a suicide note in the suspect’s apartment and that checks on social media had shown he had a passion for guns. They did not identify the victim or suggest a motive.

:thunk:

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
hah, probably cribbed that from the Australian government we've been using different terms for over 2 decades. asylum seekers and refugees become economic refugees and illegal maritime arrivals depending on who is talking.

the asylum seekers in our offshore concentration camps are called detainees if it's a conservative talking

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

hackbunny posted:

The "best" totally not racist term, though, is "extracomunitary", i.e. an immigrant from outside the EU, i.e. someone who looks different enough.

drat that's some amazing racist tech, i think my country being an island has stunted our growth in that area. they just stopped at island prisons

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/nycguidovoice/status/856954126210539520

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

hackbunny posted:

Oh yeah it's been well known for years. No, the real funny part about M5S is that they promised a "citizenship income" (a glorified unemployment check, modelled after the German system) and immediately after their "victory" (technically, they didn't win - the Lega-Forza Italia coalition won - although they are the single biggest party), some of their voters turned up at tax assistance centers demanding the forms to request it. They didn't take a "no" for an answer either, as many said that they'd escalate to city hall. How do you even begin to reach people so utterly naive and ignorant?

no, no this can't be real

https://twitter.com/nycguidovoice/status/968987417154936832

• Locked thread