Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

moths posted:

Took me under three minutes to find the GH player packet, which says

So this is either typical Spikey Bits laziness or they weaponized a bunch of anti-vax shitheads and pointed them at a rival's event. I'm more inclined to assume they were just being stupid, because the second option would require some level cunning.

I only mention how quickly I found the packet because that's the amount of time SB didn't invest in fact-checking.

Speaking not in any official capacity as a GH contributor but instead in my own opinion, SB is a garbage rear end clickbait bullshit site who will print anything and everything without even a hint of critical thinking. In an earlier iteration of the 40k thread goons devised a fairly unconvincing “leak” that showed 40k was getting a revival of an old faction complete with reissues of older models, and even though it didn’t hold up to more than thirty seconds of thought SB published it as if it was real. It’s entirely unsurprising that they didn’t even bother to check requirements for this.

Also it’s the general GH vibe that hams chuds can and should gently caress all the way off so the notion that we’re some sort of haven for anti-vaxx shitlords is laughable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

BlackIronHeart posted:

Ilor's a goon as well. I know there's something like two dozen owners of Goonhammer and I assume the majority are from the forums.

This is correct - the actual core members/owners are almost entirely from here, though the contributor/freelancer pool is probably 50/50 or so at this point. Every now and then we get a contributor who has no idea what the “goon” portion of the name means.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Lou was also almost certainly under intense scrutiny from the company since her partner (Honest Wargamer) is a major leaker. I can’t imagine that felt like a great work environment.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

To tack on very slightly to the 38 Studios chucklefuckfest, there was very clearly some sort of pressure from higher-ups in the state to justify the 38 Studios loan. For obvious reasons I can’t divulge how I know this but the head of Rhode Island state Department of Revenue’s revenue analysis office called their contracted economic consultant to ask how to use certain forecasting tools to produce results showing favorable returns for the investment in 38 Studios. This might not have come off as quite so hosed if he hadn’t been calling from a supply closet on his cell phone at the time.