Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

FMguru posted:

Trying to build an RPG publishing empire on top of strange and largely unwanted licenses is giving me strong late-era West End Games vibes (which gave us can't-miss adaptations like Species and Tank Girl and Necroscope)

I think it went okay for Mongoose Publishing for a little while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

theironjef posted:

I've actually been out in a big collection of them (used to work at Sea World) and they have the threat level of a sleepy toddler. Even the big ones can't do much more than gently prod you slightly. Most of them you can just pick up and move around like a lightly chirping football.

"Threat level of a sleepy toddler" and "lightly chirping football" are two of the best phrases I've ever read on SA.

Homeland security should update their charts.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Hasbro wants to be a clearinghouse for their brands, and not actually make anything.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Magnetic North posted:

My guess would be some private equity firm no one's ever heard of. But at the same point, I cannot imagine a PE firm looking at WotC and saying "Oh yeah, they're totally undervalued and leaving money on the table."

FWIW: Hasbro is down -33.5% in the last 5 years, while PEJ is up 7.6%, VIMAX is up 55.5%, and the S&P500 at large is up 85.5%. According to some random website it's one of the 25 worst performers, along companies like Boeing and Warner Bros Discovery.

As ever, lol.

Hasbro has a lot going against it. Star Wars and Marvel movies either don't exist, or aren't moving toys like they used to. Nerf doesn't bring in the numbers it once did. People got sick of Transformers movies, and all their other movie projects have been bombs. They bought Power Rangers, but didn't really know what to do with it. They bought eOne for $4 billion, put them in charge of many of their media projects. Then reversed course and sold off most of eOne for much less than they spent on it.

Disney is probably waiting for the stock price to crater some more, and buy it cheap.