Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Wow I guess I'm in the minority. This is like C grade teen drama with 90's references tossed in. It's getting compared to Freaks and Geeks, but F&G blows this out of the loving water. It has none of the wit or humor.

I was in high school in the mid-late 90's and I don't relate to these characters at all. It feels like it was written by someone who didn't live through the 90's but watched a lot of VH1 I Love the 90's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

super sweet best pal posted:

Why wasn't there much 80s nostalgia? Seems like we went from 70s nostalgia in the 90s to 90s nostalgia starting in the late 2000s and 80s didn't get as much nostalgia revisitation.

Technically, Freaks and Geeks IS 80's nostalgia. Halt and Catch Fire, The Americans are also shows set in the 80's.

• Locked thread