Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Oh yeah, I have over 80 hrs in breath of the wild too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've deliberately not played BOTW yet bc I know if I boot it up I'm going to probably go hungry from not eating anything and gaming for 19 hours a day

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If ESPN 2K5 counts I might have played close to a thousand hours of that as a kid. I spent nearly 10 hours a night playing it in most of middle school. That’s the first one that comes to mind. Diablo 2 doesn’t count since I played it online almost exclusively. Maybe The Sims 1 or 3. Maybe a game like Railroad or Rollercoaster Tycoon. Maybe Warcraft 2. I’m kind of embarrassed to say that I’ve never played a game in such a way or for long enough the way I do play them that I could like load it up and show people all the really good poo poo and the sick moves or Whatever. Pokémon Crystal is probably up there.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I've deliberately not played BOTW yet bc I know if I boot it up I'm going to probably go hungry from not eating anything and gaming for 19 hours a day

my first time playing it last year i took a ton of time off work for it and i was buying noodles and poo poo to live off of lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ohh I just remembered this game, it was a roller coaster designer. Not like a theme park game like RCT but a coaster sims basically and you could first person ride everything you built. That was quite epic, and I spent ages building insane coasters nobody but me ever rode.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

my first time playing it last year i took a ton of time off work for it and i was buying noodles and poo poo to live off of lmao

Lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

Ohh I just remembered this game, it was a roller coaster designer. Not like a theme park game like RCT but a coaster sims basically and you could first person ride everything you built. That was quite epic, and I spent ages building insane coasters nobody but me ever rode.

now you can capture video of the first person view and the whole world can ride them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did that with MGSV. The first Saturday I had with it I skipped breakfast and then forgot to eat lunch and was almost too tired to even dial for pizza delivery lol.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
most likely Spelunky, which i played for at least 30 minutes a day for like 4 years straight

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

most likely Spelunky, which i played for at least 30 minutes a day for like 4 years straight

I've been slowly building up something like this with Nuclear Throne

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I did that with MGSV. The first Saturday I had with it I skipped breakfast and then forgot to eat lunch and was almost too tired to even dial for pizza delivery lol.

win

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

that's me & isaac for sure

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
thousands of hours in Tetris the Grand Master 2

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lol

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

mycophobia posted:

thousands of hours in Tetris the Grand Master 2

:same:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

If ESPN 2K5 counts I might have played close to a thousand hours of that as a kid. I spent nearly 10 hours a night playing it in most of middle school.

please tell the story again

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

In Training posted:

snake took way more showers than i did when i "lost" a month of life to that beautiful game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
For me it's probably Isaac too if you add up my hours on Switch + PS4 + original Flash version . Gotta be a few hundo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

please tell the story again

Lmao...... you're a real bad rear end aren't you ....

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

[Overweight tall loser with bad posture sitting on a wooden chair 1 foot from a CRT with NFL Draft Stats On It] Ooo, you are a bad rear end...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

[Overweight tall loser with bad posture sitting on a wooden chair 1 foot from a CRT with NFL Draft Stats On It] Ooo, you are a bad rear end...

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

video games own

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

prob have 50+ hours on Pokémon red too

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Wormskull posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

jedi academy. not really playing the lovely sp campaign but that game is so easy to mod and make custom NPCs in, spent countless hours messing w/ custom maps and setting up big npc battles, or even making whole levels to run through.

half life 2 was also great for modding and mashing the virtual action figures together and i mustve spent hundreds of hours tinkering with it and making custom npcs/level layouts too

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

despite all the time in those games im still not super good at them but i can sure as hell list every quirky AI interaction like if a rancor eats bobafett, who is programmed to be invincible, he becomes a floating head and arms that screams endlessly

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Probably Master of Orion II: Battle at Antares op. Had a summer vacay where I was stuck with a laptop that only had that game and X-Com: Apocalypse which I didn't really like much. So I would just play it all day every day for a month.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Probably Chrono Trigger, which is one of those games I would just go back and replay pretty regularly, nevermind the hundreds of hours I spent beating it over and over in NG+ as a kid.

FF9 is also up there. I've played it fewer times but it's a longer game.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

Probably Chrono Trigger, which is one of those games I would just go back and replay pretty regularly, nevermind the hundreds of hours I spent beating it over and over in NG+ as a kid.

FF9 is also up there. I've played it fewer times but it's a longer game.

Oh yeah I’ve spent a ton of time with Chrono Trigger. It’s not a super long game though so I’ve probably spent less time on it overall versus one of the FFs

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Breath of the Wild; currently at 240 hours.

The last record was Final Fantasy VI at 55 hours back when I was 11 lol

FactsAreUseless posted:

I like FFVI a bit better but Chrono Trigger is basically a perfect game. Like, a 100% zero flaw game.

Breath of the Wild is at a 97% to me only because of the awful ending and there not being a way to play after beating Ganon. It would have been a perfect game, too. Not that I am complaining.

OP is making me want to play Binding of Isaac now on my n3ds

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Feb 18, 2018

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
MGSV, MGS2, and Hitman, probably

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'd probably have another 100 hours in BOTW but i moved without taking my wii-u and i didn't want to burn out on my first playthrough before doing the DLC

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
drat, in the year I spent fruitlessly waiting for Isaac on the switch eshop to go on sale, I could have been playing Isaac

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

probably nethack or dungeon crawl stone soup idk. i played one and then the other almost everyday for an hour or so for a whole year probably.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I feel I spent a ton of time with OoT as a kid since I played through it time after time in a row but it isn’t too long of a game so who knows.

Outside of games that generally take a ton of time to play through cause of all the content (MGS V, BOTW etc) I would say Red Alert 2, X-Wing Alliance and Super Mega Baseball are games that I probably have sunk an eternity in just single player.

It was a ton of fun to set up space battles in XWA with tons of ships and play them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Stardew Valley

• Locked thread