Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
my copy of Tetris Attack for game boy got years of mileage when i was a kid. respect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dionysian
Dec 30, 2012

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

bloodborne and stardew both have around 120+ hrs

I played Stardew Valley for about 80 consecutive hours when I first bought it

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Probably FFVII. The first time I played it, I did basically everything except beat the Weapons and master all the materia. I did the Chocobo racing, got Knights of the Round, did every side quest, got all the weapons and Limit Breaks. Couldn't get enough of that game. Then I got a PSP and beat it again. Then I got the PC port a couple years back and did most of it again.

I also played Earthbound and Mario RPG an ungodly number of times as a kid.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I had a couple of hundred hours on Baldur's Gate 2 & Pokémon Red a long time ago. Those savefiles are long gone though, sadly. Dunno about recent games. I tend to tap out around 80-90 for real long ones like Persona 5 and Nioh and the like.

Technically, my Xenoblade 2 save has like 300+ hours but it bugged out and kept counting in sleep mode.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Oh gently caress I completely forgot about Xenoblade. I wanna say my single save file was 300 hours because I was an insane person who maxed everything and completed every side quest

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

As an adult it's probably EU4, as a kid I played Chrono trigger for probably a thousand hours so I'm going with that

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I've spent 2000 hours in Half-Life 2, I'm just too scared to pick up that can tho

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Martman posted:

I've spent 2000 hours in Half-Life 2, I'm just too scared to pick up that can tho

good poo poo martman, im sure the guys over in the star citizen forum think your a real riot

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

trying to jack off posted:

good poo poo martman, im sure the guys over in the star citizen forum think your a real riot
lucky guess

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
As I get older I play building games so frickin' much. Cities: Skyline, Rimworld, and recently a lot of Oxygen not included. I just love organizing squares and rooms and thinking about optimization. I'm kind of scared to upgrade my computer because of how much more time these kinds of games could take from my life.

Younger I remember playing a lot of square games a lot but was really into FFT. Even younger I remember playing an incredible amount of Super Mario World and Sonic 2/3. I don't remember ever being super into any NES game other than Mario 3.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
You should check out Planet Coaster if you haven't. It's slightly more abstract than most city builders/sims but it's really fun.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Martman posted:

BWAHAHAHAH! Awesome.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Spoderman posted:

Oh yeah me too

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Kid: Final Fantasy Legend II

Adult: ADOM

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Spoderman posted:

yep. i asked my grandpa to rent me earthbound so many times he ended up just buying it for me and i played it like twice a year for at least a decade.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

300+ hours each in MGSV, Crusader Kings II and Dragons Dogma. and probably a lot more on Xbox Morrowind

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

An untold amount of hours beating the original Doom games and the infinite amount of custom wads available on the next for the last twenty years

(also jfc twenty god drat years)

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
got like 600 hours in monster hunter tri, 700 in freedom unite and hundreds others in all the later ones

Nyarlabaoth
Jul 12, 2017

Prob around 500 h between Persona 4 and 5 combined. Also around 100 h in Neverwinter Nights 2, Baldurs Gate 2, and Okami each, I played those a lot in school. And an insane amount of hours in Pokemon Red when I was a kid.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I spent at least 2 hours most nights when I borrowed my cousin's gameboy and Pokemon blue, pretending to be making GBS threads so I had an excuse to have a light on and still be awake.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Like two hours straight on the toilet after my bedtime I mean. lmao. Being a gamer kid FTW.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Wormskull posted:

Like two hours straight on the toilet after my bedtime I mean. lmao. Being a gamer kid FTW.

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

I still do the same thing tbh.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I still do the same thing tbh.

Burrito Bison ftw

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Burrito Bison ftw

imp zone needs a new burrito bison

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Burrito Bison ftw

Gamer hell yeah

Jacco
Sep 2, 2008
Dota2 at 622 hours. I would bet my WoW playtime blows that out of the water though.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Jacco posted:

Dota2 at 622 hours. I would bet my WoW playtime blows that out of the water though.

please read the thread title again

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lol

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Probably Civ IV since no other game has that "oh poo poo I've been playing for eleven hours straight" kind of impact on me.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have a digusting amount of time between CK2, EU4, and Path of Exile if you count playing solo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh I forgot about CK2 and EU3/4.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I've played a lot of PoE SSF but not nearly as much as even when I played Diablo 2 on servers by myself to get ladder rune words and stuff so I still don't count it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maybe he played 622 hours of bot matches.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I have people on my friends list with at least a thousand hours of the game who do do that. Though usually they play with friends vs bots so it doesn't count.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If I can count mapgames all together then that is probably the most time I've spent playing single player games excepting if I counted all the Pokemons together.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Maybe he played 622 hours of bot matches.

and wow on a custom private server he hosted at home and allowed no one else to join

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The time I fell asleep on launch day playing HoI3 because of the problem where it calculated mud percentages in 20,000 provinces every tick and took 4 hours to get from 1936 to 1938 on the fastest speed, puts mapgames over my ESPN NFL 2K5 record.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

The time I fell asleep on launch day playing HoI3 because of the problem where it calculated mud percentages in 20,000 provinces every tick and took 4 hours to get from 1936 to 1938 on the fastest speed, puts mapgames over my ESPN NFL 2K5 record.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've also fallen asleep while playing my only EUIV file to reach end date where I eventually just nodded off in the late 1700s and woke up to the end game score screen

• Locked thread