Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I have hundreds of hours across Football Managers 2007-2012. It’s the only game where I’ve seen the played time on a file be measured in weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

I'd play it again if the preparatory modding didn't get me down so much.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Morrowind, easy. I don’t even want to guess how much time I spent on it. Like all through middle school I was either sleeping, at school, or playing Morrowind. Those were the only three things I did for years.

Yeah lol. Especially if you add modmaking (my phone auto corrected that to "mistaking". Hurtful)

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Has to be the metroid prime trilogy. The randomiser and sequence breaks add a lot of replay value to an already fun to replay game.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
playing solitaire in dominion.net also has to account for like a hundred hours, because i'll play 2 or 3 games a day for around 30 minutes total. it's a weird .net application, so it doesn't track usage stats, tho

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I played an absolutely insane amount of Capcom vs. SNK 2 and Shadow of the Colossus on my PS2 so probably those two somewhere close to equally. I count CvS2 as a single player game because I didn't have any friends who played fighting games so I dumped hundreds of hours into doing buster wolfs on stupid computers.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Grade school: Melee without a doubt. Pokémon Gold maybe comes close

HS: either FIFA 06 or the KOTORs. Playing FIFA 06 while high on novocaine after getting my wisdom teeth out is a permanent gaming memory.

College: Civ V and only during my senior year when a Chinese exchange friend shared his pirated copy with me (I bought it like a month later to get expansions), which after a long hiatus has led to my present EUIV addiction. Still think I’ve played more Civ V at this point though.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Witcher 3, Stellaris, FO:NV. Maybe some stuff that pre-dates Steam but I can't think. I definitely played a bunch of Theme Hospital/Startopia as a kid, but I dunno if it was 100 hours worth.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.
I was tricked, yes tricked, into clocking ~300 hours of Disgaea 2. After the 300 somehow I stopped playing and since then I've acquired a spidey sense for games that will be too grindy for me. I loved the dark world maps though, and thought they were really creative puzzle wise.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Nude posted:

I was tricked, yes tricked, into clocking ~300 hours of Disgaea 2. After the 300 somehow I stopped playing and since then I've acquired a spidey sense for games that will be too grindy for me. I loved the dark world maps though, and thought they were really creative puzzle wise.

Mah nigga.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nude posted:

Congrats on taking that and not becoming a paedophile as your lession after finishing that game

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Plutonis posted:

Congrats on taking that and not becoming a paedophile as your lession after finishing that game

I'm ashamed I didn't even connect the dots until someone else brought it up. Honestly the whole thing is embarrassing, spent a long time reflecting on why I grinded for 300+ hours when I clearly stopped enjoying it. Weirdly enough it's how I found out about Ulillillia he wrote a very detailed guide for the end game.

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting
mine sweeper TI-84+

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting
jk drugwars cuz i aint a bitch

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HELLBITCH posted:

jk drugwars cuz i aint a bitch

if u say so .. but if you asked me to picture the kind of kid that played each one of those 2 games, theyre basically the same genre of kid.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

if u say so .. but if you asked me to picture the kind of kid that played each one of those 2 games, theyre basically the same genre of kid.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

I.N.R.I posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

Lol.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I.N.R.I posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting
[fighting back tears and zipping ti 84+ back into case] lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

young me played at least a thousand hours of civ 3. probably more i dont really remember

as a grown up its 100% bloodborne

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
When I was younger, I probably played about 600 hours each of Master of Orion 1,2, Starcraft, and X-Com. I know I played a fair bit of Wing Commander 2, and about 4 playthroughs of the original Deus Ex, but probably not at the same level as the others.

Steam says I have 575 hours of Civ 5, but 60 or so of those hours probably came while I left it on at work or fell asleep playing. I've made 2 Skyrim characters, one I stuck relatively close to the main quest and did a decent number of side quests, but with my second, I was doing pretty much all of the side quests, exploring under water, and just running around in the woods. That has probably added up to close to 500 hours or so. When Fallout 4 came out, I played the hell out of it. I recorded something like 100 hours in the first 3 weeks, and accelerated a break up. I did pretty much everything until I had to pick a side and stopped.

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting

yoyodyne posted:

When I was younger, I probably played about 600 hours each of Master of Orion 1,2, Starcraft, and X-Com. I know I played a fair bit of Wing Commander 2, and about 4 playthroughs of the original Deus Ex, but probably not at the same level as the others.

Steam says I have 575 hours of Civ 5, but 60 or so of those hours probably came while I left it on at work or fell asleep playing. I've made 2 Skyrim characters, one I stuck relatively close to the main quest and did a decent number of side quests, but with my second, I was doing pretty much all of the side quests, exploring under water, and just running around in the woods. That has probably added up to close to 500 hours or so. When Fallout 4 came out, I played the hell out of it. I recorded something like 100 hours in the first 3 weeks, and accelerated a break up. I did pretty much everything until I had to pick a side and stopped.

same

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure I played through MGS3 like 12+ times in high school. Good times

Japex
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
eh majora's mask, dcss, san andreas, binding of isaac

all for like 100+ hrs

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
im over 100 hrs on mhw now with more to come. prolly had like a thousand in dark souls though and will be even more once the remastered one comes out

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting
168 hours in Kerbal Space Program and i'm probably never going to go back which is the worst part

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

probably a lot on red dead redemption

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Japex posted:

eh majora's mask, dcss, san andreas, binding of isaac

all for like 100+ hrs

One time a friend and I played San Andreas for a week straight without ever turning off the PS2. We just took shifts playing it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i think im at over 1000 hours lifetime playing monster hunter, i love those games so fuckin much

outerw
Oct 22, 2012
This was before the hours were logged. But I spent a great deal of time on Tie-fighter and the X-wing variants. I would play through tie fighter once every other year or so. My greatest triumph/shame was getting all the bonus objectives for every level. It's a pity my joystick is broken or I would play it again.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

outerw posted:

This was before the hours were logged. But I spent a great deal of time on Tie-fighter and the X-wing variants. I would play through tie fighter once every other year or so. My greatest triumph/shame was getting all the bonus objectives for every level. It's a pity my joystick is broken or I would play it again.

It makes me sad to think we will never have a cool semi casual space fighter game ever again basically.

I’ll also throw out rogue leader as a game I played for a ton of time.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

my morning jackass posted:

It makes me sad to think we will never have a cool semi casual space fighter game ever again basically.
I hear Everspace might be this, though I haven't played it yet myself.
(From a friend when I was curmudgeoning about space games all being too realistic to be fun these days, and all "get a missile lock and do some programming or something" instead of "have a fun dogfight that physically makes no sense".)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Played a ton of Diablo 2 back in the day, but I think the game I have most time in overall is Victoria 2.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
MGS2.. I played every day after high school and would try and learn speed running tricks on euro extreme just to look cool. Ocarina of Time is close behind. Trying to find all heart pieces and secrets without a guide took me hours every day and I got all except one piece :(

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I've played through meat boy a gazillion times, it's probably up there. Souls games together are a lot, not sure which is the highest, but it's probably dark souls 2 even though that's my least favorite(reading messages doesn't count as multiplayer).

I spent an embarrassing amount of time optimizing assembly code in Shenzhen IO fighting for leaderboard spots. That game got its hooks in me good. Steam says some huge number but I don't actually believe it - I left the game running and minimized a lot. (By the end most of the "game" was being stuck and then having some crazy insight in the shower that made me run over and try it.)

I played Trials Evolution Gold on PC a lot - wonderful game though I wish I had it on 360 instead so I could play the DLC they never ported.

I think isaac, other zachtronics games, and MGSV are all on the list after that. I don't tend to beat games multiple times very often - the games I like most are ones where there's a high skill ceiling and I can continue playing and getting better and being rewarded in-game for my mastery.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Mar 27, 2018

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I wish they would make another X-Wing vs TIE game but have a casual/arcade mode where they sell a zillion dollars worth of cosmetic R2D2s or whatever the gently caress to console gamers and a normal mode with all the sim stuff like power distribution and targetting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Mine are Skyrim, Kerbal and civ IV. Alpha Centauri took up so much of my life through college too.

• Locked thread