Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

thanks i have color ones too but they aren’t as detailed

thread saved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

fractals are definitely not loving smooth. very un yospos imo

this guy fucks

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

fractals: they're good

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
you’re body is a fractal

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
there is more beauty in a single blade of grass, than there is in every fractal based piece of art ever conceived

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

echinopsis posted:

there is more beauty in a single blade of grass, than there is in every fractal based piece of art ever conceived

but what if grass is fractaled??

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

self-similar thread making GBS threads

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

echinopsis posted:

drop some sw8 rod our way or close thread imo

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

i loving hate that anytime anyone is trying to be like "hey math is cool" they always whip out the loving mandelbrot set visualizations with no discussion about the mathematics behind it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HoboMan posted:

i loving hate that anytime anyone is trying to be like "hey math is cool" they always whip out the loving mandelbrot set visualizations with no discussion about the mathematics behind it

fractals are ruining math much like this dude

George posted:

drop some sw8 rod our way or close thread imo

obv I want to but gonna have to think of a way to outshine some numbers a stupid algorithm poo poo out and this is gonna take some time

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
if only u could be as positive about something as you are angry about fractals op

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

thanks i have color ones too but they aren’t as detailed

how are these fractals? theyre pretty but i dont see anything fractaly

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
The OP is salty bc he couldn't get his fractal code working in his unreal engine 60mb gif generator.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Pollyanna posted:

how are these fractals? theyre pretty but i dont see anything fractaly
Not sure what u mean they're chaotic boundary surfaces. The coloration approach is necessarily different from a planar fractal because in 3D you can't color the surrounding space without obstructing the view of the fractal itself

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Gazpacho posted:

Not sure what u mean they're chaotic boundary surfaces. The coloration approach is necessarily different from a planar fractal because in 3D you can't color the surrounding space without obstructing the view of the fractal itself

i dont know what a fractal is then

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Pollyanna posted:

i dont know what a fractal is then

its like, cool math art. hth.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Having a micropeen would be an advantage for loving fractals, you could explore all those tiny crevices

mystes
May 31, 2006

Gazpacho posted:

Having a micropeen would be an advantage for loving fractals, you could explore all those tiny crevices
Penis size actually doesn't matter for loving fractals.

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

mystes posted:

Penis size actually doesn't matter for loving fractals.

right, what matters is that it stays steel-hard for hours and is completely straight

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

emoji posted:

The OP is salty bc he couldn't get his fractal code working in his unreal engine 60mb gif generator.

my "radiation engine" is a billion times more interesting than this garbage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1LCxswNnXo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POQ3eoat9eI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMBjgRYb4qE

skip to 3 mins in that video for a wee treat ;) :grin:

i am keen to out-rod this trash fire but literally in the middle of the legal part of the marriage separation and move house in a weeekkkkkkkk...

i'll get to it. rod isn't dead. rod will rise from the ashes like a phoenix from the ashes

like that little but of redundancy> no? well of course thats how poo poo fractals are

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
agreed, gently caress fractals

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:worship:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
yeah right. nice sock puppet, echi.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Cantorsdust posted:

agreed, gently caress fractals

lmao at this username post combo

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
a blade of grass expresses a truth, the plant's adaptation for survival and the process by which that adaptation was constructed. it expresses the continual incorporation of non-living matter into life. if you are jesus-inclined it expresses the truth of a god that allowed such a thing to exist

what truth does fractal art express? does it express mathematical platonism, the exploration of the world of ideas? the pythagorean idea of mathematics in all things? (then why is it necessary to involve the computer, which was already understood to be mathematical?) does it merely express "I have an expensive computer"? on what basis can a fractal image be regarded as something other than high-end kitsch?

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Feb 20, 2018

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

sounds like this guy studied the blade...

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
theres definitely a pythagorean lean to the whole process, like sitting around huffing euclid's farts is gonna tell us how the universe follows immutable laws that we have to write down and remember to follow

theres a kind of person who thinks a fractal that resembles grass is some kind of platonic ecstasy with more to tell us than the grass it'self but honestly i dont think anyone in yospos is that loving naïve

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gazpacho posted:

a blade of grass expresses a truth, the plant's adaptation for survival and the process by which that adaptation was constructed. it expresses the continual incorporation of non-living matter into life. if you are jesus-inclined it expresses the truth of a god that allowed such a thing to exist

what truth does fractal art express? does it express mathematical platonism, the exploration of the world of ideas? the pythagorean idea of mathematics in all things? (then why is it necessary to involve the computer, which was already understood to be mathematical?) does it merely express "I have an expensive computer"? on what basis can a fractal image be regarded as something other than high-end kitsch?

yes

President Beep posted:

loll

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
i think theres something deep about the fact that something so simple can look so insanely complicated

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
i dont understand what everyones saying in this thread but i like the 3d pictures and i loving love science!!!!!!!!!

influx.
Dec 16, 2007

Nice pants!

President Beep posted:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
less than two weeks and i will be totally separated

it’s hard and it bites

but fractals make it worse

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

spend some time in infinite fun space

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

i made fractals but not in a long time

some are 20x20K assembled from a bunch of smaller images
don't steal production artwork from nier automata thanks

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Gazpacho posted:

lol

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
If you meet the Mandelbrot set on the road, gently caress it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my entry in the fractal render game

is lame

but here you go. i accept defeat

lol

the materials bite
this one is a touch better

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Feb 21, 2018

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

my god. ur right.

fractals are bad........

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

Fractals have the promise of detail up front, on further investigation it's just more promises with further details to investigate.

Nice for deep fractal zoom vids with synthwave beats, not much else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

homercles posted:

Fractals have the promise of detail up front, on further investigation it's just more promises with further details to investigate.

Nice for deep fractal zoom vids with synthwave beats, not much else.

that's fine, op

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-dI_pu_Z0g

• Locked thread