Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Zyla posted:

good more jobs for the rest of us!!!

Failing New York Times posted:

Mr. van der Zwaan, 33, a Dutch national, entered the plea in Federal District Court in Washington. A speaker of Russian, Dutch, English and French, Mr. van der Zwaan also is the son-in-law of a wealthy Russian, German Khan, who was on a roster of oligarchs named in a recent Treasury Department list of prominent Russians with links to President Vladimir V. Putin.

Hmm, I wonder why he would try to carry water for Manafort...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Is this about those dead Russian mercs?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

shovelbum posted:

good ol michigan hunters ed, where me and my other mid 20s out of stater friends learned to shoot a crossbow with a horde of 8 year olds. why you can hunt with a crossbow in michigan i have no idea

The Pope banned using it against fellow Christians, but animals are fair game!

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Duscat posted:

it's amazing how many times a botnet can watch the same video without getting bored

toddlers, probably. Elsa Spider-Man crisis actor theory finger family.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

His WWI series is a masterpiece.

Sure, if you like breathless descriptions of the Wehrmacht Imperial Army's strong, hard, throbbing dedication to warlike manly pursuits.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
You know, Blackwater did such sterling work in Iraq, protecting are troops, maybe we can hire them to protect our school? Assuming they can spare time from a the forever war in Afghanistan.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

sloppo posted:

lmao watch the ACA provide some kind of legal precedent for this to become reality during trump's 2nd term

One of Washington's first laws mandated that every free male buy a rifle or musket, ammunition, and supplies so he could raise a militia to put down the Whiskey rebellion.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

journos know how to do this poo poo, they're just terrified about access so they don't.

Actually, most of them have probably forgotten.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Augus posted:

I can't imagine a worse way for a party to begin an election year tbqh

I know, the democrats are in a bad way.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Bearjew posted:

they'll be released in a few years, and much like W's paintings, will serve to humanize Pence, allowing him to move up the ranks of worst VPs of all time.

Pence has a lot of tough competition. John C. Calhoun and Dick Cheney have pretty well established themselves on the tops of those lists.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Bearjew posted:

Some chud just well, actually'ed on my Facebook feed...

I'm from Florida*, and I say, ban them all!

*Not actually from Florida, thank gay Satan.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Al! posted:

i dont get why that dumb gently caress hasn't fled to russia yet

I would guess its because he stole that money from Russian oligarchs and federal prison is safer.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

zen death robot posted:

lmao so if the cop wouldn't go in why would teachers get in the line of fire

ACAB. Teachers don't have a rep for abject cowardice atm.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Everybody remembers that the best teacher in your high school was the ex-military one.

We had a teacher who was an ex-cop. He'd retired on his police pension and was killing time until his wife (also a teacher) could retire. He told us all sorts of amusing stories about beating up minorities as part of the LAPD and about how he got stuck guarding Manson while he was in the LA County jail. Also he had us watch the playboy version of MacBeth, which was, uh, educational. Good teacher, A+ would take English III from again.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

shiksa posted:

lmao where does he find these people

More importantly, how do I become one? I could use a federal judgeship. I'd take an ALJ, even.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

He's probably holding out for a pardon, assuming Trump remembers he exists.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Duscat posted:

good thing he committed all those crimes in new york city, which i believe until october 2018 was still legally part of new york state

The article says federal prison, though. Which Trump can get him out of. NYS prison, less so, true, but the real "gently caress you" charges are federal level.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

radical meme posted:

I don't want to belabor this point but, that officer's refusal to respond was a direct result of his training. Modern police are trained to respond with lethal force to protect themselves, not their citizens. They are trained to value self preservation over community service. He knew that lethal force was already in play and he avoided it. Honestly, not going in guns blazing may have saved a life or two.

Certainly saved his life.

LEO's response to active shooters is to get in and engage ASAP in order to distract the shooter and force him to, you know, stop shooting randos and try not to get shot. That being said, police are trained to wait for at least one backup before doing that, preferably 3, before getting stuck in.

At least, that's what the security guard at the federal building told us during our annual active shooter briefing. Maybe it's true for federal protective service, but not for Fumbles the ex-beat cop.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

radical meme posted:

I'll give Rubio credit for showing up but not a paid mouthpiece of the NRA. Rubio did it because he's a public figure and politicians are supposed to answer directly to their constituents. Loesch was just doing it for a pay check.

I'm not going to give assholes credit for doing their jobs. Like, we pay Rubio $250000 and the opportunity to get bought by Miami used car salesmen in exchange for him showing up to be yelled at every once in a while.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Lawman 0 posted:

Did you know the Dems are going to repeal the 2nd amendment

Inshallah

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

ArmZ posted:

it's funny that manafort has committed crimes for two fascist aristocrats with extremely gauche taste, ties to the russian mob, and a misogynistic desire to imprison their blond female presidential rivals

He also worked for Marcos, Mobutu, and Dole.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

skaboomizzy posted:

Southwest is fine if you just wanna get to where you're going and you don't try to win the check-in race to get on the plane first or get your special seat

It's less great if you have a bunch of kids and you end up getting scattered all over the plane. Well, actually, that's fine, since then someone else has to sit next to my screaming kids, but they're pretty loud.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

2DCAT posted:

I still can't believe I triggered trump so badly that I've been temporarily exiled to tampa with no real purpose lmbo

Ran into a congressional staffer at the airport and they were like "where you going?" "Tampa" "but... Why?" "trump!"

This is because you said he looked shorter in his official portrait, right?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

It's awesome that these loving morons are totally cool with attacking high school kids.

With a name like "Hogg", the writers are clearly setting him up to be a minor villain in the next few episodes.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

OhFunny posted:

It's been a long road, but the final swing of the axe is here.

Call girl with a pillow staved it off for two years, but so it goes.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm not sure how Homeland managed to acquire a reputation as a good, serious show when the primary conflict is that the main lady is a cop whose job is to catch terrorists, but the only thing that cures her bi-polar disorder is having sex with terrorists.

Isn't that the show about a lamb cop that's trying to catch the big bad wolf who is disguised as a lamb cop?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Joementum posted:

gonna need a lot more backstory on this cat that needed a hired assassin

The cat came back, the very next day. They thought he was a goner but he just wouldn't stay away.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

Voting is for idiots

So, you're saying it's perfect for the Democrats?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

MysteriousStranger posted:

It will end up where private schools that can hire private security contractors are secure and public schools are dangerous as all hell.

If you think armed security guards will make a school more safe, lol.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

500 bonus is like 350$

What kind of teachers do you know that are in the 28% bracket? More like 15%, I bet.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Pook Good Mook posted:

The fact people are still loyal to Trump after years of exactly this happening is astonishing.

Manafort is screwed because of all the other crimes he was committing. Help Russia annex parts of the Ukraine without filling out the proper forms? That's a fine. Try to defraud a consumer lender? Son, you're going down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Al! posted:

luv to live in a country where christians justify their every action this way from theft to rape & murder

Must be nice living in the UK.

• Locked thread