Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Inspector Hound posted:

No, we must count the steps of our national death march

I want Trump to get re-elected so we can have TRUMP1488:The Thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Toomey sucks rear end but if he can one non-lovely thing in his awful tenure in the senate than good on him.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

I don't know why we're worried about guns when the real threat is diabeetus

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Jeff Session is swallowing a lot of pride to be able to continue to do his dream job of imprisoning minorities and low level drug offenders.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

sandoz posted:

i'm a pretty big obama ball gargler but lol he will never do this in a million years

If Obama wants to piss off Trump he should just point out that he deported more brown people than Trump ever will.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

D1E posted:

Seems like you should give them everything left in your bank account, 'cuz you're not gonna need it anymore anyways.

At least make somebody's day.

His escape plan was to ditch his weapons and blend in with the students so clearly he thought he was gonna still need it.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

I did a thing posted:

that was a thing

wait until romney gets elected and then attacks trump

:lol:

"Mr. President your divisive rhetoric and false claims have no place in America, and the American people deserve a dignified conversation about the issues!"

*votes with GOP every time

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

zen death robot posted:

tgrump pretending to be religious is one of the weirdest things about all of this

almost as weird as people believing he really is religious

It really is a hilarious emperor has no clothes deal.

I mean Donald "2 Corinthians" Trump knows he doesn't give a gently caress about god, and they all know it too. When Trump was asked to name his favorite bible verse he literally couldn't even name one.
But they gotta pretend so that Trump can keep cracking down on abortions and facilitate the church grift, and not lose face with their fellow rubes.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10qbt0LHmvE heres the good stuff.
"Are you a new testament or old testament guy?"
"Uhhh......probably equal"

The Nastier Nate has issued a correction as of 17:57 on Feb 21, 2018

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Gen X is worthless. Millenials have failed. Gen Z might still have a chance.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Duscat posted:

it probably shouldn't be, but it's still kinda shocking to me that they'd be openly discussing this

this is definitely the endgame though, whatever is happening is going to be happen in the next five or ten years and the next game will have new rules and new players

“Moderate” suburban rep Ryan Costello of PA-6 was saying this too but he’s actually affected since he’s now the most vulnerable republican in PA.

But why even open your mouth, Toomey? He’s statewide and probably will retire in 2022 anyway. It’s like he can’t help but be an rear end in a top hat.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i love how boomers named gen x, then tried to name us gen y, and after that didn't take stubbornly kept on and are now idiotically trying to name the next one gen z

like come on that poo poo just is not happening at all

Gen Z is dumb but I don’t know what else to call today’s teenagers.

Maybe the “we know everything is hosed” generation since i didn’t figure that out until after high school.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

I know this is besides the point but if your a financial vulture company like Cereberus, maybe tell your PR people not to name the company Cerberus.

I mean even Blackwater figured out they need to change their name.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

as evil as it all is I get the impression that most of what we’re hearing out of the PA GOP is red meat to get people fired up, not a declaration of a real political strategy. they can’t get even a single defection from the senate for this to work, which is a hugely risky vote to try to pin people on, and trying and failing makes them look evil AND incompetent. and even if they do succeed and impeach the justices there’s no guarantee of a good outcome. most of all, these gerrymanders don’t affect the state legislature at all. the PA GOP would be risking their legislative majority in a year when they’re going to be playing defense, for literally no reason. their state-level gerrymander is intact.

I think they can’t afford to back down and look weak because they fear a primary challenge, but actually going for it seems like a really, really bad plan to me. the most likely outcome is they end up having to use that map anyways in November except the state Dems are ridiculously fired up over the transparent power grab.

The history of the GOP is politicians suggesting bad ideas to throw red meat to the base, then the next generation of lunatics takes those bad ideas and runs with them. Rinse and repeat.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

He's angry enough but he's clearly not interested in gun laws, he wants armed guards in schools.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Jesus loving TRUMP!

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Grey Fox posted:

I still can't get past Trump telling a room full of school shooting activists "You'll be back" when wrapping up.

Have a good time.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Caleb! Sit down, do your assignment and stop disrupting class!
*lifts shirt to show a revolver tucked into pants

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Look I'm glad we're getting around to putting armed SWAT officers in our schools, but can someone tell the Trump administration that the 3 deadliest shootings in America weren't even at a school?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Pro: we pull soldiers out of Afghanistan and other war zones and bring them home to patrol schools, drying up resources for the Forever Wars.

Con: we restart the draft instead and do both

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Remember when some kid stole a teacher's iPhone and found her naked selfies she made for her husband, then sent them to all his friends?

Well that, except with a gun.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

B-Rock452 posted:

I can never run for office in PA because the night Paterno died I got blackout drunk and made fun of him on Facebook for like 3 hours. Once a year I get the on this day notification of that night and smile

Penn State alum and Montgomery County resident here. I will canvas for you if you're running on a gently caress Joe Paterno platform.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I'm not watching, on a scale of 1-10 how much is liddle Marco getting his poo poo kicked in?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

To be fair, there are 50 other republican senators (and a few dems) who also deserve the same rear end kicking.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

magiccarpet posted:

town halls gonna get hella worse for the gop

lol if you think they'll ever do another one

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

I did a thing posted:

rubio is doing this because if no repubs showed up, it would be pretty bad

Do you think he volunteered to be sacrificial lamb or did he just draw the short straw?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Ruzihm posted:

Did yall see the :decorum: breakage when this student called out the NRA person :pusheen:

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/966513365089751040

This kid owns. Fight the good fight buddy

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Class-act that kid. And let’s give liddle Marco the credit he deserved for showing up to get rightfully poo poo on. Now there’s a lot of GOP senators that are worse than him but smart enough to fly under the radar. How do we go about getting them to a public flogging?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Crusader posted:

trump has a child's understanding of firearms use, derived entirely from fast-forwarding through movies until he sees the brave strong hero first responder dropping browns

The children actually understand this issue quite well.

Trump's problem is that he's taking the things republicans have been saying as "red meat to the base but not serious policy considerations" and running with them.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Joementum posted:

now we just have to wait a couple weeks to see what john kelly thinks about guns (my guess: he thinks they own) since trump isn't really the president

Ivanka, for all her being of a garbage human, probably has a reasonable position on gun policy, being that she's a life long democrat and rich. And even rich republicans are indifferent towards guns or are outright in favor of banning them for civilians because when you have your own private bodyguards, you don't want the riff-raff packing heat.

My point is that John Kelly will never beat out Ivanka in a power struggle and anything that drives another wedge between them is great.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Chris Rock had the right idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIgsZwWPG3A

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

ahhhhahahahahhaahhahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! TRUMP!

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

This is dumb. No one's gonna give a teacher a gun.

They'll be required to buy their own out of pocket.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
C-PAC is dead.

It's MAGA-PAC now and has been since 2016.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Bearjew posted:

Some chud just well, actually'ed on my Facebook feed...

I agree, ban all of them.

Real men can hunt with a bow and arrow, or a pocket knife.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

HEY NONG MAN posted:

I’ll keep my kid out of any school that has guns in it. poo poo I’ll quit my job and teach em myself. strap in kiddos.

Best to get them used to the gun-filled hellscape that is our future. also our present

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Betsy DeVos is at another of Trump's school safety "listening sessions".

I hope she brings up that we need the guns to keep our kids safe from bear attacks again.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

SKULL.GIF posted:

no it would be just as pathetic if a man did it, probably moreso

please envision marco rubio waltzing into a studio and going "hey what about a sitcom with a young hot big-eared robot doing a right-wing show"

We already had a sit-com about a right wing dad with a media outlet, it was called Last Man Standing.

It ran for 7 seasons

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

GobiasIndustries posted:

oh my god hes all over the place. again. as usual.
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/966741933447139329

brain spiders working overtime today

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

That DICK! posted:

let me ask you this - did anyone here manage to go through high school without a scandal breaking about the gym teacher loving a student

Biology teacher, music teacher, english teacher

Nope, no gym teacher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

cargo cult posted:

dems r garbage and america is broken but that doesnt absolve russia from trying to exacerbate those issues lol

Hey Russia never agreed to end the cold war, we just pretended like we won and stopped playing.

• Locked thread