Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

joe rogan and dan carlin are some real "smart dudes" and their content is "real good, for what it is" if you get my meaning.

hardcore history is really quite good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

brugroffil posted:

It is sometimes good but sometimes bad and definitely not up to date with the most recent historical work on a lot of topics.

He's also a lovely libertarian and it can bleed into his presentation of historical events sometimes.

Overall usually worth a listen as long as you don't take everything he's saying as the 100% settled truth.

Yeah it's entertaining as hell. Yeah Dan is a shite libtard and always has been, which is why his common sense show so often blows. But it has been really interesting over the years hearing how he's ever so slowly challenging some of that thinking and moving farther left. Turning point for him was probably finally coming to terms with what an absolute cesspool of right wing idiocy his site forums had become and removing that poo poo. He's a really likable guy, and I can't find his kind of storytelling in any of the other history type podcasts I've checked out (always looking for recommendations though!)

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Xi Jinping is the dictator of china news at 11

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

It's funny because teachers have the same workplace rivalries and feuds and drama as any other work environment. So like imagine just you and all your colleagues hosed strapped locked and loaded ready to ride everyday haha

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

GobiasIndustries posted:

lol one of my former coworkers got fired because she was ranting out loud about how she wanted to burn the building down, i would have been dead probably 100 times over if she had a gun.

Cafeteria ladies DEF going to be putting the blast on some light-fingered kids

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Al! posted:

imo the most likely scenario is some loner kid being singled out by an armed teacher as a "potential shooter" and then getting gunned down one day by that teacher for extracting a black object like a hat or a book from his backpack too fast

or just any white armed southern teacher and a black student

Or accidental discharges, kids taking the HOLY poo poo COOL A loving REAL GUN, suicides or whatever this latest dude is doing. :'( wtf

e: when i was a young kid in baltimore we found a gun stashed under our basketball hoop one time and its a miracle the kid went straight to his dad because there were definitely some of us who wanted to touch it first. loving jeebs you dont put weapons around kids

Feral Integral has issued a correction as of 20:09 on Feb 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

futures are already down -150

these charts look like bitcoin charts

• Locked thread