Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
The wreck of the Andrea Doris getting nuked is my favorite part of that whole mess.

Although Teeth of the Tiger has got to be my favorite lovely Clancy book, with the whole pointless holocaust cybersex sub plot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

One of the Muslim terrorist is role playing raping a Jewish chick in a concentration camp, but it turns out the chick was a fat dude all along, or something as dumb as that.

Could have been one of the Op Center book too, it’s been a while.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

It had a thing about the two Special Ops Killer driving a Porsche down to Italy while Jack Ryan Jr, stock broker, had to take a plane because the Porsche was a two seater.

Man what a lovely book that was. Once we’re done with RSR maybe I should let’s read it.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

I’m the guy flying 115 feet agl at 600 knots plus, wearing night vision goggles for peripheral vision as I caress my stick.

:getin:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Shipping water on a LASH would be a pretty big problem though. The free surface... ugh.

Haven’t seen a lot of these ships actually, but if they’re anything like Ro/Ro, you do not want to ship water, ever.

What I was taught was that if someone was shooting at me, steer towards them so the cargo section of the ship (usually forward of the accommodation) would absorb the hit while you abandoned ship. Never tried it.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Ro/ro have large open car decks, this allows any water on them to slosh accross the width of the ship. This effectively raises the center of gravity of the ship, and increases rolls.

RoRo being fairly top heavy to start with... bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Wait wait don’t quit before we find out who wins!

• Locked thread