Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Ardemia posted:

I like how the OP, while intoxicated and without any sources to back up their position, started an argument with their SO.

i like how alone we are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Ardemia posted:

I like how the OP, while intoxicated and without any sources to back up their position, started an argument with their SO.

Silly arguments about dumb things are actually a good way to blow off steam in a relationship while staying away from sensitive issues.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

They are excellent hunting rifles for anything smaller than a deer, particularly feral pigs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA5uOSkPcZ4

Ah yes, let us worry about the common man, shooting pigs from a helicopter.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

veiled boner fuel posted:

I'm sorry you have no joy in your life

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
we had multiple land wars in the US.

civil war, revolutionary war, whiskey rebellion, etc, etc.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

OWLS! posted:

we had multiple land wars in the US.

civil war, revolutionary war, whiskey rebellion, etc, etc.

The Whiskey Rebellion is really sad, to me. The whole story is sad and Washingotn in particular comes off very poorly. He an dhis brother ran a scheme where they bought land promissory notes from their own soldiers for pennies on the dollar, then became one of the biggest absentee landlords in the post-revolutionary US.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

The Pussy Boss posted:

It's not going to happen tomorrow, but we live in an era of extreme economic inequality, overpopulation, terrorism, impending environmental collapse, the president's a retard, etc, so who knows what the world will be like in a decade or two

Yeah, it's pretty much impossible with the current state of the world.

But given a few things going nuts, sure why not?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

without those brave men you'd be speaking feral pig

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
the goddamn seal clubbing canadians burned down Atlanta op

e: baby seal clubbing fuckers

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I'm sorry you have no joy in your life

Real men kill feral hogs crawling through the brush with 308 or 300 win mag. Not from a helicopter like a bitch.

What are you gonna tell us next? You need ARs because its the easiest way to match the finish on your Faberge eggs?

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:

extra stout posted:

without those brave men you'd be speaking feral pig

You want the king of pigs showing up, prodding you with his tusks, demanding only the finest slop, making you live in a human pen?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Real men kill feral hogs crawling through the brush with 308 or 300 win mag. Not from a helicopter like a bitch.

What are you gonna tell us next? You need ARs because its the easiest way to match the finish on your Faberge eggs?

(making a get a load of this guy face) toxic masculinity at its finest, folks.

naem
May 29, 2011

I was in the national guard and I PROUDLY defended Ohio from Canada.

Why, if it wasn't for me,

um

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

naem posted:

um

I'm Canadian and I can guarantee I will loving get all of you one of these days. Death to america

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Lime Tonics posted:

Anyone else get cold called to enter the national guard/reserve/sign up bonus is an actual sign up bonus?

I got like 3 of them in the last 6 months.

Please report to GiP at once if you're thinking about enlisting those guys love to talk starry eyed youths off the cliff.

The military in 2018 is such an unending parade of stupid bullshit that fighter pilots who are already trained and flying badass planes and making officer money are walking away from $500k re-up bonuses just so they can get out.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

naem posted:

um

I assume this is like missile command an dyou shoot down Tim Hortons as they try to get their claws in the american market

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

shame on an IGA posted:

Please report to GiP at once if you're thinking about enlisting those guys love to talk starry eyed youths off the cliff.

The military in 2018 is such an unending parade of stupid bullshit that fighter pilots who are already trained and flying badass planes and making officer money are walking away from $500k re-up bonuses just so they can get out.

Little do they know that stupid bullshit is now every big corporate job, and also all the small companies are dying

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Little do they know that stupid bullshit is now every big corporate job, and also all the small companies are dying

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Just lol if you need guns to kill pigs and you aren't running around barefoot at night gutting them with a spear.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

shame on an IGA posted:

i know which way a gear turns in a complex picture if gears, so i got that going for me

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

FogHelmut posted:

Just lol if you need guns to kill pigs and you aren't running around barefoot at night gutting them with a spear.

What ever happened to Bushman? I know cat lady GBS mods drove him off for a while, but maybe we can get him to come back now that Lowtax is back

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

With a FLIR drone spotting for you

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

What ever happened to Bushman? I know cat lady GBS mods drove him off for a while, but maybe we can get him to come back now that Lowtax is back

he transcended the internet and became a pure force of barefoot, spear wielding death

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

shame on an IGA posted:

With a FLIR drone spotting for you

Best to just drone strike them and they are ready to eat.

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug

Ardemia posted:

I mean the alternative was to sit idly by as my normally left-leaning partner started spouting chud talking points.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

didnt that dude get robbed and badgered an actual police detective into helping him track his poo poo back

naem
May 29, 2011

dr.acula posted:

I'm Canadian and I can guarantee I will loving get all of you one of these days. Death to america

You're just, up there wth your delicious poutine and hockey and free universal healthcare and

wait, are you guys hiring

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

naem posted:

You're just, up there wth your delicious poutine and hockey and free universal healthcare and

nope sorry we're full. It's too cold up here and we don't even have in-and-out

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

naem posted:

Our country is rapidly getting turbofucked. Our free universal health care might last another two decades, if we're lucky.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Yes, it's the combination of alienation, ideological starvation, and crushing economic pressure that makes people snap

Local communities have been hit hard by modern cultural shifts which are against communal activities or traditional communitarian institutions such as family, churches, etc. This plus constant forced migration due to the labor market and an exhausting work schedule which leaves no time for socialization, fractures human bonds and leads to miserable, alienated people.

Ideologically, people feel this misery and injustice, but due to the total control of media and academics which openly ridicules and invalidates anything other than a handful of flavors of corporate capitalism, on their own they are essentially unable to imagine why they feel so lovely and alone all the time.

Ultimately, without any ideology to guide their actions, all they know is that they want to kill the institutions which enslave them which is usually the workplace or school, or occasionally the government.

:same:

Also this is why gun control debates are so loving tiresome. Gun violence is a symptom, not the disease itself.

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Grape posted:

Yes I'm certain they'll be quaking in their boots after turning whatever place they're targeting into a tattered starved out husk. Because there will still be some people in there, with guns.

I think some people left with guns is a better option than no people left with no guns.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

They are excellent hunting rifles for anything smaller than a deer, particularly feral pigs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA5uOSkPcZ4

im sure the founding members of the United States totally envisioned this as a legitimate reason to Own (not Keep as defined in the 2nd amendment) firearms such as these.

also if you think that is hunting then lmao you are literally, literally mentally ill

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

Tricky D posted:

A conventional invasion of a nuclear power would pretty dumb because of tactical nukes.

This a thousand times. A nuclear deterrent is a very real and powerful thing. Also Red Dawn was a very stupid movie.

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:

anglerfish posted:

I mean the alternative was to sit idly by as my normally left-leaning partner started spouting chud talking points.

You can be left leaning and be pro-gun and pro-assault rifle.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

FogHelmut posted:

Lol at anyone that uses a spear instead of just loving them to death.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

morally adept posted:

This a thousand times. A nuclear deterrent is a very real and powerful thing. Also Red Dawn was a very stupid movie.

Didn't the Russians use paratroopers in that movie as their main invasion force? It's been a while since I've seen it.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Chinatown posted:

also if you think that is hunting then lmao you are literally, literally mentally ill

it's culling destructive vermin

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The Protagonist posted:

it's culling destructive vermin

agreed. hunting is not the word. anyways.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Apparently nobody in this thread has seen the 100% factual American documentary "Red Dawn".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
it could happen if the sun does one of those crazy EMP solar mass ejections that destroys all electronics. then all the fancy missiles wouldn't work for a while.

• Locked thread