Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Pony: Bradley
Poison: Chris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That was stupid and forfeiting was the right decision

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

He should run against that Kim Davis lady

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yea he’s a goon

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

What a dumbass

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

:laffo:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Okay that’s impressive

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahaha he’s such a dumbass

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Holy poo poo everyone is awful

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Donathon is absurdly likable

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Goddamn this dude is so loving dumb

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I choose to believe Jacob is the child of Ken and the hermaphrodite band girl from Freaks and Geeks.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bobfromsales posted:

Why didn't he just tell everyone about the legacy advantage.

You can literally start everything he did with “why didn’t he”

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I maintain that they should have everyone at one camp and that One World just had a really lovely cast that ruined that concept.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mission Failed you stupid dickhead

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If Bradley did a Skupin do you think anyone would pull him out of the fire?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bradley lacks all self awareness and I can’t fathom how anyone could look at him talk and not want to punch him in the face.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ahhh yes that’s the good poo poo right there

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I don’t think anyone else wanted Bradley and at that point Dom risks being the only one trying to save the rear end of the hated guy. It can be the smarter move to keep Bradley but not the better move if Dom feels that keeping Bradley could cost him others.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Doing his dumb rapping and then lucking into a clue. What a bozo

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

God I love Wendell

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahaha that owned

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Well that’s an interesting strategy Angela

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jesus Christ this woman is a psycho

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

“Seafood entrepreneur”

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Des seems like the crack to exploit.

She just seems like she’s dying to take the reins in any way she can.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

In the long view, Kellyn hosed herself harder than anyone else last night. She was in a pretty stable position and now she's more or less shown to Dom and Wendell with her rant to Dom that she's more on the girls side than theirs. She's not in immediate danger but I think the move put a 5th/6th place ceiling on herself.

I know she ultimately went with the group to vote out Desi, but Dom doesn't seem like the type of person to forget about that conversation.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I feel like Dom will go after a Malolo woman (Jenna) before Michael to avoid giving the females a numbers advantage after Kellyn's outburst.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

mancalamania posted:

Over the summer, I was listening to some RHAP podcast about Big Brother where they pointed out how weird it is that these shows are so crucially built upon lies and yet it's surprisingly rare for someone to actually lie about an Event happening or not happening. Instead, 99% of the lies on Survivor are about who is alligned with who, who is *planning* to vote for who, who has or doesn't have an idol, etc. The podcasters questioned why players never try this other type of lie, where they just make up some super specific Event and just emphatically insist that it happened or didn't happen; the theory was that because this type of lie is so rare and unexpected on these shows that it would probably end up being surprisingly effective if someone tried it.

Anyway, that thought has been stuck in my head for like a year now, and I'd like to thank Desiree for illustrating that it's a bad idea after all. But A for effort! And the fact that Kellyn believed her for so long (especially given that Kellyn left Des out of the Chris vote just a few days prior!) is evidence that maybe there's still a kernel of a good idea here for the future.

I feel like a decent amount of this is the fact that things have a week to stew on Big Brother so the doubt created by the lie has more time to creep in. In Survivor, I think the periods between votes are so short that most people are going to err on the side of what seems to make more sense, rather than react severely to something that can’t really be substantiated.

Also, on average, I think BB contestants are much dumber.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think Dom and Laurel were trying to burn the HII’s and then team with Kellyn and Angela but who knows.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Raxivace posted:

What did Kellyn call Wendell after the reward challenge? It was like "homewrecker" or something super over the top like that.

Speaking of Ghost Island I feel like this was the most interesting use of it in a while. No drawing for rocks! People not only made decisions, but controversial and interesting ones! There were ramifications!

Kellyn seems really unable to grasp that everyone else has agency and doesn’t just move when she hints to move.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

So I guess CBS wants the next season of Amazing Race to be alums from BB and Survivor and one of the teams might be Caleb and Tai :swoon:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Wendell is a fine winner or whatever but Dom played his rear end off and I hate seeing a bitter jury deny a good winner.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Laurel is bad, but in fairness to Laurel, everyone else was much worse, which makes it kinda hard to shoot your shot. Angela's the bigger idiot IMO.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

santanotreal posted:

I think that’s why Laurel gets so much poo poo. Everyone else was terrible in most respects and had no chance of winning. Laurel actually had a shot if she had tried to challenge Wendell and Dom, but instead accepted her place as bronze medal winner.

sure, but if no one is willing to leap with you except loose cannon Donathan, your options are to ride out third place or commit game suicide.

By no means am I saying Laurel was a good player, but I also think she was between a rock and a hard place. I feel like the edit has some to do with this, as it seems Sebastian was tighter with Dom and Wendell than was conveyed on TV. I think Laurel was willing but everyone else was so flaky that all she'd do by taking the leap is gently caress herself, so I understand the predicament.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

At the end of the day, everyone shares blame for seeing Dom and Wendell become a thing so early and not doing anything about that immediately. Once they hit F7 or so, the only chance anyone really had was hoping to tag along and benefit from a bitter jury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Tai/Caleb rumor not being true devastates me

• Locked thread