Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Hot sauce, boomerang, skittles. sure.

Zesty posted:

Survivor airs on Wednesday, September 28th on CBS! Check your local listings.
:raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm the 18 year old real estate agent living in Los Angeles California,

(his insta lists him as a model, ofc)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The best part of the legacy advantage just might be the way it completely robs people of their fifteen seconds of getting-voted-out confessional.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'll never trust a pre-tribal "I keep swaying back and forth and will probably only make a final decision once I get to tribal" confessional from the swing vote (only for the subsequent vote to be unanimous) again.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The bluff was dumb but FL is right that there's no real way to parlay the situation into an actual advantage.

Sometimes the only out you have is "say something dumb and hope it fools the dumbest person on the other side", and you play to that out. "Throw something out there and hope Tyson Sea Bass doesn't understand how voting works" maybe only works 5% of the time, but that 5% is not zero.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Brenda :colbert:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Watching The Good Fight. The case of the week in episode 3 of season 2 is about a reality show, and there's a cute cameo :3:.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Not playing an idol that's good at one of two TCs is, mathematically, not quite as dumb as James not playing one of two idols good at three TCs,

but,,,

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

one thing that's really shocking is that a producer thought a player opening a parchment that says "Sorry, no game for you today" would be anything but boring and frustrating for players and viewers alike.

Don't forget the confessional right before that reminds us that Ghost Island is all about Reversing Curses, and, with the swap/this close to the merge/this soon after the merge, every vote is crucial, and I'm really hoping Ghost Island gives me an advantage so I can go deep in this game.

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 24, 2018

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I was impressed by how much Des was selling the lie. It didn't work out for her, but it wasn't because her execution was off.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

Haha apparently Jenna told the Naviti that Donathan had the idol, surprise, they avoided voting Donathan.

who did
who did she think they would vote for instead

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I think Laurel and Donathan are trying to do the platonic flipper strategy, where it doesn't make sense to flip at 5v3 (and then be a minority in the 5) when you could flip at 4v3 instead (with the boys and the two remaining girls being at each others' throats), but idols really gently caress with those numbers.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

are all these idiots playing for third place or

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

curiousCat posted:

Laurel said she thought they'd split votes and she'd pick up the Malolo ones. She literally said that. In this episode.

And then she turned to the camera and winked and said "I said that so they wouldn't think I'll betray them,"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"I think that's what they're banking on, but I'm here to cut their throats." She literally said that. In this episode.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

Why does everyone hate Joe?

I wish they had brought back his life partner instead, All-Time Survivor Great Sierra Dawn Thomas

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Adus posted:

it was basically the worst way i've ever seen someone get voted out and there have been some real lovely ones. aaron from china comes to mind.

I mean, he got voted out because someone on his alliance hosed up and leaked information. That's all in all a pretty "normal" Survivor exit - it's not anything like Fiji Michelle, who got basically eliminated through pure whim of producer.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPfD5f6VMns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Looking forward to the Hawaii leg, where Corinne can proudly talk about her lei.

• Locked thread