Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
Has anyone who ever says "I'm gonna be the smartest one there!" Have that remotely turn out to be true?

I think I may dislike Dominick a bit more though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
the last really good season was millenials vs gen x. despite the terrible name, a lot of good players and moments.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
Some things on that list I'm confused by, but it's more accurate than I would have expected

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Zesty posted:

Survivor Finland: Introverts vs Introverts

Survivor Finland: Everyone Is From A Power Metal Band

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
that episode was a hell of a thing, but it was great. this season is turning out to be pretty decent. honestly this was the perfect culmination of the Dom vs Chris arc. Chris gets guaranteed safety, then risks his vote to make it last longer, but just long enough to where he doesn't play it and then gets voted out. in his first tribal. and then Wendell with maybe the best vote confessional in a long time. any longer on the Dom/Chris thing would have been too much, so i really don't think it could have ended any better.

hoping Wendell can pull off the whole thing, but he's definitely going to be a target soon, if not now.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
i still don't fully understand what Dom's intent was with the fake idol, cause didn't he make it after he found the real one? so.. you're making someone think you have an idol which you DO have?

the only thing i can think of is that he could give the shell to someone to make them feel safe or for trust.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
i would have done the same thing wendall did. as much as i'd be determined to win such a challenge, my gag reflex would make it impossible for me to eat that stuff without tossing it.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
I think in this situation, if I were Laurel I would do something risky, and that's actually use this opportunity to take out Dom or Wendell by using Kellyn's guilt that she very likely has to keep her on my side and vote one of them out. It would be pretty ballsy but if it worked it sure would look good to the jury.

Not sure if this was talked about here or on the show itself, but does that fake David idol have like, paperwork to go with it? At this point everyone has caught on to the fact that idols need that to be legit, so it's kinda a crappy tool without it.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Zesty posted:

:byodood: Kellyn Confessional: Those boys are so full of themselves that they didn't even worry about leaving the four of us at the camp by ourselves. We have work to do, Girls.

:byodood: Kellyn Camp: We can have a girls lunch down here. We can do whatever the gently caress we please without them telling us what to do all the time.

:byodood: Kellyn Confessional: The three boys step right up and go off on reward and go off to ghost island to get advantages and leave us back here. I don't know, to clean the dishes.

:downsgun: Angela Camp: Wendell Wendell Wendell. Guess what he's doing right now. Laughing at your faces.

:byodood: Kellyn Camp: All alone he doesn't care that he wrecked someone else's family visit which pisses me off.

:psyduck:

it's always so eye rolling when someone gets mad at the people who got picked on rewards, especially when it's the people who didn't actually make the decision.

like, it's not as if they purposefully decided to leave people behind. not everyone can go. it sucks to have to choose, but that's just how it works.

i'm not at all shocked kellyn was the one to react like this, though. it's kind of incredible how much she has melted down.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
also they should totally just have a car sitting there at ghost island.

try and reverse the car curse.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

ApplesandOranges posted:

S37 theme revealed:

David vs. Goliaths: 'underestimated/undervalued people' vs 'people who have found success, like CEOs and surgeons'. So... I guess Blue Collar vs. White Collar?

The cast is also out for people who want to dig for it.

spoiler, it's just David from MvsGenx vs everyone else.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
i was mostly in the Wendell boat this game but Dom won me over in the end. either way it's not surprising at all that this was the first tie. definitely a good finale. the season itself wasn't too bad. ghost island was a hell of a pointless addition, though. shame, because seeing some of those old relics was cool and it would have been fun if something more interesting could have happened with them.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Zesty posted:

I'm okay with the players listed but I think the format is a bummer. I don't like mixing newbies and returnees ever.

same, also David is one of my favorite players but i'm nervous about him coming back because i thought he had a great arc on MvGX. i worry now that he showed his cards and will be pretty vulnerable right off the bat. kind of ironic that he was on the chopping block early in his season for being bad, and now he could be for being good. i'm curious if any other returning players had such a dynamic.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
yeah early booting good players is generally dumb if you want to win challenges, and apart from water stuff, David was pretty good at them. just before merge is probably ideal. sadly by that same logic Joe will stick around for longer than i'd like, too. i'd rather have Malcolm back for the 12th time before Joe.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

STAC Goat posted:

Why does everyone hate Joe? I barely even remember much about him except that he was big and good at challenges, seemed generally likable to his other castmates, and Fishbauch got kind of obsessed with him and it kind of messed up his game. If Joe did something offensive or something I've somehow completely forgot it. Like I'm not excited to see him again or anything and he's not some favorite of mine, but all four players got the same "eh, ok" reaction from me.

i don't hate him, but i find him too boring to bring him back. i liked him enough on his first season but i don't think he added much the second time. did he already play a third time? cause my brain is telling me that was the case. maybe i'm crazy.

also regarding my malcolm comment, i kinda pulled that name out of the air but now that i think about it i'd want him back merely because he got so hosed in game changers. it was really dumb and even if he's already played a bunch i want to give him another shot simply because of that alone.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Propaganda Machine posted:

Right? I roasted Malcolm pretty hard in my game changers OP and I generally hate returning players, but that was a good, solid dryfuck and even I think he deserves another shot. I wouldn't even say that about Cirie.

it was basically the worst way i've ever seen someone get voted out and there have been some real lovely ones. aaron from china comes to mind.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Pinterest Mom posted:

I mean, he got voted out because someone on his alliance hosed up and leaked information. That's all in all a pretty "normal" Survivor exit - it's not anything like Fiji Michelle, who got basically eliminated through pure whim of producer.

i didn't watch fiji so what's the story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
I liked Mike. And he definitely won in a way I find more satisfying than Ben. I think he only had one idol and didn't need the sudden twist of the fire making challenge to save him.

He's not like a top 10 winner or anything. Maybe not even top 20. But I'm still good with him as a winner. Plus who else was there? Don't say Rodney because screw that guy. Will was loving garbage and he still voted for him.

And speaking of Will, Mike was one of, if not the only, people to stick up for Shirin after that food "hoarding" nonsense. Think what you want of Shirin but saying someone has no soul and justifying it by saying "It's true! I'm just stating a fact!" Isn't something she deserved.

• Locked thread