Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

quote:

Given the nature of the season — pitting new players against not only each other, but specters of Survivor past as well — Probst says it was crucial to make sure the cast was filled with as many genuine Survivor fans as humanly possible.

"Massively important," he says about the decision to cast fans. "It was really the only criteria, that they had to be super fans, or they have a really good knowledge of the game. They don't have to be super fans. But that was fun.
Not the only criteria, Jeff

Big Taint posted:

This whole cast is hot as gently caress. Hopefully some of them have brains.

Pony: Dominick
Poison: everyone younger than 24

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Feb 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Ghost Island is pretty slow so far.
An advantage someone else will play later
'Better Luck Next Time'

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

What the gently caress?

As far as the rewards.
One that will be played by someone else later, and 'too bad, nothing for ya'.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

STAC Goat posted:

RHAP said last night that some nerds worked out that she has the lowest amount of TV time for anyone who has made it that far. Which if true is kind of amazing considering she won two immunities and went to a bunch of tribals.

Chelsea's a professional cheerleader/dancer which helps explain her fitness in challenges but leaves the lack of tv time even more of a mystery.

where is the woman in this video?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SixBmBp9j0Y

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 03:05 on May 4, 2018

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Spergatory posted:

Some people actually do just suck at talking to the camera.

And those people should stick with Big Brother Canada, not go on Survivor !

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Fedelm posted:

I haven't watched many seasons of Survivor so I didn't fully understand this "pagonging" you all spoke of until now. Oh my God gently caress pagonging forever.

Also, I know STAC will tell me to stop trying to edit read but for a number of weeks now I got the sense that Kellyn was getting a winner's edit. Especially ever since the Survivor gods sent her to Ghost island that first time and then kept showing her reactions to stuff and giving her a lot of story, I felt like the show was trying very hard to get me to like her. Well, now I'm not so sure what the show is trying to tell me, so ... I guess STAC is right? Heh.

Kellyn was paranoid about Michael when she and the others should really be freaking out about the Domenic/Wendel power couple.
After the endurance challenge when they were smack-talking each other about how good they are at competition, Kellyn needs to find a way to pry Laurel and Donathan away from their alliance with Dom and Wendel, or they can all just sit back and watch one of those 2 win.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Okay I was gonna defend Laurel before that vote but how did she not just take the shot

Laurel can look at this episode's vote as the moment she lost the game.

Spergatory posted:

At this point, the only question is which of Domenick or Wendell is going to walk this thing into home plate for a ridiculously easy victory. Tom in Palau faced more opposition than these guys did.

While Dom and Don are battling it out in the fire-making challenge Wendell will use the time to make a very comfortable sofa for the jury to sit on at FTC, ensuring his victory.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 11:50 on May 10, 2018

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Fast Luck posted:

Bryce: laurel is really just content to just take that third place finish you know what im saying?
Rob: I dont know because i really feel like if she could talk to us right now she'd be able to explain, no i had to do that because-
*i pop in my They Live earbuds*
Rob: I know Laurel is a paid subscriber and listening right now so I'm sticking up for her here.
* i sigh and pick up my machine gun*

But Cesternino's power ranking is
1. Domenick
2. Wendel
Very distant 3. Laurel
4. Kellyn
and Sebastian, Donathan, Angela trailing with no path to win.

A point he made I found interesting is that the "Ghost Island" premise keeps changing and is basically whatever the producers want for the episode. So while the concept of bringing back misplayed Idols and Advantages was enjoyable, the execution of the idea has been frustratingly inconsistent and leaves viewers 'bumpuzzled'.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

ApplesandOranges posted:

I only recognize Mike White from the Amazing Race. Otherwise he'd be 'just another name'.

I hope his island nickname is Schneebly.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Bringing out James and Erik instead of talking to this season's cast was weird enough but then bringing out Kevin Hart do a commercial during the Reunion was surreal.
And his "new show" looked like something I've seen before, there was nothing really new about it. If CBS is going to copy an Asian game show they should have gone with a clone of The Genius.

AWarmBody posted:

Is anyone feeling the S37 cast at all...?

They're not as attractive as Ghost Island's cast.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

ApplesandOranges posted:

It's funny because no matter what happened at F6, Wendell would still have won. He'd be immune at F5 and he probably wins fire even if Donathan or Sebastian were against him.

Domenic suggested it might have been better for him to lose (throw) the F4 comp. Then he has to make fire against Angela. If he wins, she's mad at Wendell for putting her in that position, and he has another challenge victory, this time in front of the jury.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Propaganda Machine posted:

My attentiveness to the podcasts has depended on how long it took me to fall asleep any given night, but they were treating Laurel like a tragic Greek heroine. It made it difficult to take their opinions seriously. I know she's a fan of his but that's nothing special anymore. I can see how he's trying to be political and careful and it's certainly working, but the culty aspect is really turning me off. They had a similar meltdown when their Rob-fan candidate wasn't voted onto BB Canada this year.

Also, the Wandoff is terrible.

Should be called the Wank Off since it's mostly done for Wigler's own gratification. :downsrim:

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 11:14 on May 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
NZ was pretty good, straightforward season.

Is Russell going to go around the world entering every international version of Survivor until eventually he
accepts that no group of people who know him will ever let him have any
wins?

• Locked thread