Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, it is basically the new standard.

"Sure, I'd lie and said my grandma died or destroy people's property for fun but I'd never out someone. That's hosed up."

God help the bastard who sets the next bar.

I'm trying really hard to figure out what posibilities is there even to set the next bar with words only.

Is there even anything more worse than what he did?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

STAC Goat posted:

Um. I don't know. Outright racial slurs or white nationalism as a tribal tactic? Mocking a newly dead relative?

I dunno. Just never doubt man's ability to sink to new lows.

So something along lines: "I'm voting you out because you are adopted from non white country and you should be ashamed that your adoptive mother recently died as well that you come play survivor when you should be home feeling ashamed that your master is dead. Kinds like you don't belong to survivor."

Yeah thats so hosed up that I would most likely end up in Fijian prison if I was in the victims shoes.

Nexal fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 28, 2018

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

STAC Goat posted:

Well Big Brother has managed to have "Why don't you kill yourself like you father did?", "That's why your mother abandoned you, because youre trash", and outright racist bullying. So things can always go lower.

That's so hosed. I actually wonder what hosed up stuff has been said or done in survivor but didn't make to the cameras or producers decided not to include it in the show (etc winner of a season saying something that would contradict the storyline they want to give him).

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
The amount of screen time that Chelsea is getting is amazing!

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Zesty posted:

Three tribes would be ideal if there was a swap every week then.

With new beach every time along with new idols to be found.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Has the following play been tried out yet in any season?

Play: Have a good early bond with someone in pre- merge. Find idol with paper. Give paper to your buddy and tell him/her to make fake idol. Keep real one to yourself and thus this way your buddy can show the fake idol with paper to make people believe. You keep real idol. This way if swap happens to 3 tribes you can protect yourself with the idol and make your buddys fake idol also a tool to be used to convince people/ cause FUD.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

ApplesandOranges posted:

I mean isn't that what Domenick did? Except that he has a motor mouth and can't play it well.

If I recall correctly he didn't tell Chris that it was fake but that it was real. Yeah Dominick probably thouggt of this plan but didn't execute it well.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Man gently caress why did I trust Jeffs hype before season start. Like I knew it was gonna be male dominated season as soon he hypes it. Like I remember him not hyping Philippines season and that turned out great as well that he was surprised that people liked the winner of that season. Ugh..

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Spergatory posted:

Hoo boy, the twist for season 38 is hyper dumb. It's called Island of Extinction, and it's basically all the worst aspects of Redemption Island and Exile Island rolled into one. You get voted out, you go there, there's no shelter or food, and then you try not to quit. Everyone who doesn't quit gets to compete in an endurance challenge to reenter the game at the merge and final five.

Oh gently caress... That's the twist from A swedish version of survivor... the guy who got voted out at merge came back at final 4 won the challenge and then won the game. Joe has to only win 2 endurance challenges and a firemaking one to win the game. gently caress probst.

If this the way someone gets to the final then I hope jury will be voting for someone else only to give big gently caress you to this twist.

Nexal fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jun 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Spergatory posted:

I might be misremembering, but I think I read somewhere that the Swedish version of Survivor doesn't have a jury? I can very easily see Joe getting voted out twice, coming back, and making it to the end only for a jury to say "hey, good for you, Joe, but you didn't actually play the game, so, you know, enjoy second or third."

It varies from season to season. Some seasons don't have jury. There was a season with poo poo twist "Love edition" which based on taking singles to the island and god it was awful... Ugh...

• Locked thread