Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I'm really undecided on watching this season live, given the shitshows that were Gamechangers and the last season. I mean, at least Gamechangers had a good winner that got there without insane amounts of production help. The winner of the last season should have a permanent asterisk next to his name. That final four "advantage"...it's going to be in this season probably, too, and that's HORSESHIT. It's Jeff's blatant attempt to get people like last season's winner the win, at the expense of more strategic players that were more social and strategic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

On the one hand, this season is not as boring as the previous one. On the other, there's very few people to root for. The premiere spent way too much time setting up the premise, and not enough on character development. like, there's only two female players of any real significance! This is terrible editing, and at this point blatantly misogynistic (not that I expect more from late period Survivor).

I guess I'm rooting for Donathan, and....uh, Wendell seems like a great guy. I like Handsome Gym Teacher, too.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Worlds Apart is mostly dragged down by Dan and Will being tremendously lovely people. Rodney has bad moments, too, but also fun ones. I would love to see Rodney back in a less toxic environment (Second Chances 2 would be perfect, but another straight All Stars like Game-Changers, not so much).
it is also dragged down because Mike won on the back of an immunity run. Although, he got to the point where he could by navigating through a sea of snakes, and the editing does build up a pretty effective good versus evil, one man against them all story.
It's weird to me that Shirin, Hali, and Sierra have come back, but Carolyn hasn't yet.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

This episode gave me hope for the season, and retroactively made the prior episodes better. It's very character-based, although it's still frustrating that almost all of the big characters are men.
Because there's not all this intricate strategy pre-merge, it's forced the editors to try something else. and this episode we got to know a lot of the players better, and it solidified some impressions.

Is anyone else thinking Desiree and Kellyn are screwed early to mid merge? I think it was James who was talking about how it's bad play to foreclose any possibility of working with the other side, and in the modern era of Survivor, this is absolutely true. I guess maybe they've made an arrangement with Michael, but if the show's not showing it, it probably isn't a factor.

Dom and Wendell remain top contenders, with Laurel as an UTR possibility. Kellyn's getting a lot of attention from some parties, but there's too many alarm bells for me. Including her being overly pleased by her NAVITI STRONG strategy to the point of not considering cross-tribe alliance at all. and Edit Watching For Babbies is, watch for relationships built between players. Kellyn had nothing strong set up until this last episode revealed her and Desiree were rock-solid.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

Rob C said both tribes should just automatically go to Tribal in e1 to force some lines and let people know where they stand and I thought that was a pretty solid idea.

Yep

I feel like previously I was able to mirror my phone on the Apple TV bullshit and it sounded okay... Now the mixing is way off so I can't.

Man, that would be a great opening twist - only a reward challenge, no immunity challenge, and both tribes have to vote someone out. Winning tribe gets to sit in on the losing tribe's TC while eating food, which is what they did in at least one double tribal seasons ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Wendell's jury management was better than Dom's in the endgame. Note how the vote is perfectly split between the first five and second five jurors.
I honestly appreciate Wendell's style of play more than Dom's. Social gaming is hard for these presumably almost all male editors to depict, and Probst sometimes doesn't understand why social often beats strategic.

• Locked thread