Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Pony: Michael/Hot Sauce
Poison: Morgan/Ketchup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Getting ready for a 2 hour episode.

https://zippy.gfycat.com/ZestyTangibleAfricanfisheagle.mp4

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I feel bad for anyone who gets a slider puzzle foisted on them before reaching camp.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Shneak posted:

I don't understand the stakes for this even slightly :lol:
Winner gets fishing gear, eggs (chicken?), and flint. You can concede early and guarantee fishing gear. e: Shelter kit?

What a great poo poo stirring opener.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I am on board with the Florida Bro alliance. This will end spectacularly.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

My shoes! :sadwave:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I like the puzzle sled.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Even if Jacob loses they'll be eating his sock rice.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Are you allowed to lift and shake the bamboo first?

e: oh there's a key in both but only 1 is good.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Whisper tribals are bad TV.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The proud Appalachian gets to live on as a useful vote to be exploited. :patriot:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Kind of impressive to find a tree hollow in the dark but it sucks that nobody needs a clue to find an idol.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

He got his shoes back?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

He's going to keep looking for a real idol to underscore how fake the necklace is.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

RIP that crab.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Has there ever been a shell necklace idol?
You need to steal a set decoration as a talisman.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

How did he end up in this part of the challenge?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

It's a shame Donathan is bad at everything. He's a fun guy to have around.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Jacob is a strategic genius.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

The ladies of the tribe decide to save Jacob because they can control him.

Maybe the most brilliant play in Survivor history.
It's a One World situation where the move looks less impressive because it was effortlessly done.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Poor Stephanie. She played him perfectly and got nothing.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Enjoy the sock rice, losers!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Tide posted:

Do Nathan is going to go far. Early “personal growth look at how much I’ve changed!” Edit
He might still go home early and they are squeezing all they can out of a fun character, but yeah that's an edit that will get you drat close to the finale.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I hope Dom makes a fake advantage.
Angela seems like the worst partner to have in this game.

I don't know if the best structure is starting with 3 tribes and merging down or starting with 2 and splitting up but 2 with a quick swap doesn't look great so far.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Finally a nice drowning challenge.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Solid lie.
Bradley is the worst.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Rational players will stay either way. Someone unhappy on the bottom will flip either way. A random target is fishing for someone paranoid who doesn't care about the math. Announcing a target is fishing for someone who hates Bradley that much. I'm inclined to go random because you're getting the Bradley scenario on a 4-4-1 tiebreaker anyway.

STAC Goat posted:

And we got a villain in Bradley. And he seems the type to really get inflated about winning a close call. Fingers crossed.
It's a good test of the superfan label in cast bios. He comes off as a jerk but should immediately realize that's a bad spot.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Two really good challenges but nothing else great tonight. Chris-bot running relatability process was fun.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Chris is a terrible rapper but I love his pantomiming.

I thought the 50/50 game was a stupid risk and then Chris completely blew it. Cursed idols are real.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Zesty posted:

I think her and Don's best play right now is alternating sides each vote until it's just them and Angela or Sea Bass.
Something like that. Flipping tonight to be at best 4 of 5 was no good. Flipping next week can leave her and Donathan as the second pair in an alliance.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Did Kellyn lose her mind 2 episodes ago or did the editors decide to crush her?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

That said, she's definitely playing for runner-up now.
She could scam 2nd place and at this point that's probably better than trying to somehow get Angela and Sea Bass in the FTC.
Wendell is probably getting crushed in the vote but I'm hoping he knifes Dom. Donathan winning and not having such an obvious returnee/fish out of water/narrator edit would be fun.

ApplesandOranges posted:

I feel like going into the finale, many people would have picked Malcolm to win - he just had that 'golden boy' edit. It was just that apparently the jury was less dazzled than we thought.
I thought Lisa was going to win. They gave her a strong late game edit and I took that bait.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Fast Luck posted:

Heard last night's KIA yet? :lol:
I hope Rob was doing comedy and not honestly struggling to defend a friend.

Dom is definitely the spokesman of the alliance. He could be the narrator and end up booted early but short of a meltdown I can't see him losing to Wendell at FTC.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

I'm a big fan of the older Survivor with more focus on "survival" and personalities but like I get why the show went the way its gone with strategy first. Its how the fanbase has really gone in general. Fans will enjoy an entertaining character or a good story but the most passionate part of the fanbase after 30+ seasons always seems to be the "gamebots" and the "strategy." As evidence by how often discussion of "bitter juries" failing to reward the "right" winner pop up so early into seasons.

Well that and the people who try and decipher secret clues planted in the show edit. But that's a whole other thing. But Survivor probably plays to that a bit too.
The survival aspect has been done so much better in other shows for the last 15 years. I do enjoy when people try to game the system and bet on a swap letting them eat all the rice today without consequences.

The Survivor clue stuff seems like a drinking game for when someone makes a fire or gets an overhead shot.

Every show should have terrible clues like The Mole.

quote:

a red, white, and blue inflatable dolphin is shown. When rotated 90 degrees, this gives the flag of the Netherlands, Frederique's home country.
:jerkbag:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The Bloop posted:

The mole was great and should return.

Take back your insensitive emoji or you'll have made a powerless enemy today!
The clues were bullshit! Whodunnit? should return.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I am hyped for Donathan's immunity run to the million dollar prize.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Which player will be the one to cheat off of someone else's puzzle to steal the win?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

drat. Wendell found the border and eliminated the hard part of vertical puzzles.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

^Probably helps spacial reasoning like Boston Rob's construction work made him a savant at the right kind of puzzle.

AWarmBody posted:

Calling it now: Wendell is gonna gun for Dom with Sea Bass and Ang
Great jury management too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I love the overconfidence the extra vote brings out. Get rid of idols and leave votes in the tree holes.

• Locked thread