Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Pony: James
Poison: Knock off Ozzy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I can’t believe the legacy advantage is back again. This season is going to be such a trainwreck of advantages :confuoot:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I thought this episode was a really great episode of TV but the players must be really frustrated with the ghost island mechanics. Not being consistent about if players return for tribal and drawing rocks makes it even more of a random element.

Michael is a pretty amazing speaker for an 18 year old. I’m sort of thinking he did some weird double bluff and forged fake documents to send to CBS when applying :stare:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Jenn was the only good thing about that season.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Game changers was great up until episode 7 iirc.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Chris is casting gold.

If the producers don’t want pagongings, maybe they shouldn’t make the starting tribes so unbalanced :shrug:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

ApplesandOranges posted:

They should do a split after the merge and move the contestants back to tribes.

Start with 20 people on one tribe. First 2 boots are individual immunities. Have a reward challenge at 18 people where the 3 winners get split into 3 tribes and get to pick their tribe. Then don’t swap until merge.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Australian Survivor’s challenges are so good.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I has some really dumb production choices and 55 days/24 people is a bit insane but the longer episodes means the characters are much more developed than the American edition.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

An opening challenge like the Heroes V Villains rope untangling one where both tribes went to tribal (terrible description I know) would be pretty cool. Double boot premiere episodes have become the norm recently so this could work.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Chris' Ponderosa is crazy. Also this is another season where the tribe naming scene doesn't air.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Chris for Second Chance 2

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I'm was amazed Chelsea won immunity. I thought for sure she was being set up as the first of a double boot.

The mini swap twist is cool in theory but it just seems to create another opportunity for someone to be swapfucked.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Wow the latest Ponderosa is something else. Jenna is great.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Iirc Dr Joe said rice rations had been halved with the intention of getting players to hunt for their own food. They’ve been on this island since 33 now so I guess have a pretty good understanding of the environment. I doubt Jeff objected since it should in theory be more reason to keep around the alpha male hunters.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I think the actual concept of Ghost Island is pretty cool in a cheesy Survivor way but the execution has been flawed in basically every way.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I can’t even imagine how baffling casual Australian viewers are going to find this if it’s true. Oh god he’s going to get almost all of the ridiculously long airtime isn’t he :ohdear:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

ApplesandOranges posted:

S37 theme revealed:

David vs. Goliaths: 'underestimated/undervalued people' vs 'people who have found success, like CEOs and surgeons'. So... I guess Blue Collar vs. White Collar?

The cast is also out for people who want to dig for it.

I don’t hate it?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

The double cursed vote steal! :rolleyes:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

That final tribal was nuts. Whatever your opinions on Laurel, having your dreams shut down and having to make a :siren: million dollar decision :siren: must have been insane.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Fast Luck posted:

Whoa I just saw the s38 theme is unofficially out (leaked, with casting spoilers). Here it is

[fake quote=http://insidesurvivor.com/cast/season-38-returning-captains-revealed]
As previously revealed on Inside Survivor, the thirty-eighth edition of the long-running reality-show will feature four returning Survivor castaways competing against 16 brand new players. The season is currently filming in Fiji’s Mamanuca Islands and is scheduled to air on CBS in early 2019.

Below are the four former castaways who will return on Season 38.

Aubry Bracco

David Wright

Joe Anglim

Kelley Wentworth
[/end fake quote (quotes dont work in spoiler tags)]

i didnt even know a "Captains" theme was coming so this was quite a surprise for me. I notice the only one of those names that's a 2nd time player is David and the others are threepeaters. I like Kelley a little and Aubry a little more but not sure I need to see this much of them. Joe is bleh, there's other options in that archetype they could have gone to. Vets have also always dominated the mixed newbie/vet seasons so we'll see. Seems like it's either that or they get Hantzed out based on reputation instead of the actual game. I guess by the time this airs it'll be 2019? So Kelley and Joe will at least have been off TV for over 3 years, Aubry for a little less.

this will be good as long as Joe is the first boot.

Really didn’t think Aubry would be back considering the quick return seemed to really burn her out but here we are :shrug:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Shneak posted:

Can't wait for the S38 finale where they have to recap all 20 people still in the game at the beginning.

the producers really want Joe on our screens huh?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Andrew_1985 posted:

Australian Survivor starts up again soon. They've even brought out someone from the US version to compete this season. It's Russell Hantz.

If only Sandra was cast as well

I think this season is gunna be a beautiful train wreck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Fast Luck posted:

Australian Survivor theme is "Contenders vs Champions." Shouldn't Russell be in the Contenders tribe instead of the Champions? :)

I don’t even LIKE American Survivor

• Locked thread