Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Not sure what I hate more, Donathan's voice or Stephanie's ridiculous fake tits. They're both incredibly distracting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Raxivace posted:

Was he just that bad of a swimmer? I didn't understand how he was having so much trouble, especially for a guy that looked to be in pretty good shape.

As someone who can't swim (or even float), it's eludes me how someone literally can't Go Down In The Water, since it's the default direction for me.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

The Bloop posted:

There's nothing armchair about saying it's dumb to go in survivor with zero swim ability or having never seen a bug or a stick.

loving build a fire, open a coconut, swing a machete. These things cost nothing! WHY

Also learn a god drat slide puzzle there's a billion free apps for it on your phone.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Kellyn making fun of ugly babies has earned her a place in my heart.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Thats a fast swap.

Weird that they swapped to two 9s instead of three 6s.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

DurosKlav posted:

I left the room, why are they drawing rocks for ghost island?

Winning tribe couldn't come to a uninamous decision on who to send so they picked rocks.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

lol recorded in 2017 and people still scared of a "Russell type player" cmon son.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Propaganda Machine posted:

I think Dom went on the show with the singular goal of making a fake idol.

I have no idea how people still think they're getting away with that idiocy. People aren't stupid.

Some people are just there to angle for a second season I guess.

I listened to part of the RHAP with Joe Mena and the guy just kept going on about Making Big Moves but not once did he figure out how to actually win a game of Survivor.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Shneak posted:

Morgan going and giving the legacy advantage to Libby, yeah?

Doubt it, she knows Libby just betrayed her, she said "Don't trust the cute ones" on her way out.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

DurosKlav posted:

I dont know if its just a holdover from the complete disappointment of the end of last season or if this season is just garbage. But I'm having a major issue getting into this season. I hope its just my usual early game disinterest but I dont know if I will be able to keep interest.

ok bye

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I interpreted that as less 'Production explicitly told me to say this' and more 'Production likes the story that tribal is live'

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

ApplesandOranges posted:

The most blatant 'production tells them to say this' is when the producers told the Upolus to laugh during the Jack and Jill reward that they 'won'.

This is partly why Sophie Clarke is one of my favourite winners, because she had no time for that poo poo.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

:siren: Chelsea speaks! :siren:

I was terrified that she was going to get booted this ep because of that.

Unrelated: Stephanie strikes me as smug and annoying. I'm glad a better reason to dislike than her stupid fake boobs.

Zesty posted:

We're 4 boots in. If anyone gets any better thread titles, announce them anytime and I'll PM a mod.

Survivor 36: Ghost Island - 3 spooky 6 me

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Zesty posted:

Ghost Island as a game mechanic is bad. It’s just exile island with an optional gamble. Not having the chance at the advantage makes the whole gimmick a wet fart for that episode. Even if you get the option to gamble your vote, the nebulous advantage so far was something that doesn’t even benefit the person who made the gamble. The whole concept punishes the player for taking a risk.

Now if they had it where you TRADE your vote for an advantage, that might be something. But no one should want to risk coming out behind.

I got my :tinfoil: on but I'm thinking that you can't actually lose the "game" but they just word it that way to stave off cowards.

I fully expect to be incredibly wrong about this.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

ApplesandOranges posted:

Plus it gave us America-loving Hali, Fan Favourite Sierra Dawn Thomas, and other... characters.

These are good things??

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Oh hell yes some white boy rappin

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Fuckin lol at Chris "beep boop must forge relationships" *talks at Donathan for 16 minutes straight without taking a breath*

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I'm surprised Stephanie didn't get an opportunity at a game on Ghost Island since Kellyn passed it update last episode.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Yeah it was weird to get an episode with so little going on strategically we just got like 3-5 human interest/sob stories

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

blue squares posted:

I think they just didn't show Donathan talking because we had just hard his story moments ago. The editors aren't going to waste time having him tell the story twice in a row, and the take they got from the confessional must have been better.

The body language looked like he was just nodding and looking for a way out of the conversation while Chris droned on for hours but that might just be wishful thinking.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I'm not going to bother going through all your post histories but I really want to know the Venn diagram of People That Were Bored with this Episode vs People That Think There are Too Many Advantages

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

clown shoes posted:

What exactly is an advantage? Is it just an immunity idol with specific rules?

"Advantage" is catchall for some kind of bonus effect whether it's an Immunity Idol, vote steal, legacy advantage, opportunity to practice a future challenge, whatever.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

.TakaM posted:

No one said they have to smash the pots in order on Ghost Island right?
Also it seems like most of them have been duds so far

A producer is probably standing right off camera saying "smash the one on the left"

Otherwise you'll get dumb stuff like the Legacy Advantage showing up on day 12 or something.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

SweetJahasus posted:

I think we're just a bit conditioned to hate the guy who looks like Chris, and the editors aren't doing him any favors by giving him derpy music when he talks and such.

It's not looks, it's sounds.

Wasn't this thread almost uniformly pro-Devon last season?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

clown shoes posted:

OK I started Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers (dumb name). This NFL player is literally insane. I think this cast is generally unattractive compared to usual.

Does anyone have the link to last season's thread?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3835530

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

JesusSinfulHands posted:

29. Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers
30. South Pacific
31. Worlds Apart
32. Nicaragua
33. Thailand
34. One World
35. Redemption Island 'Redemption Island had twice as many last place votes as any other season.'

I wasn't watching then, what happened in Thailand to end up in the middle of those other poo poo seasons?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Having to make a new shelter with five starving people on day 16 or whatever is incredible bullshit

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Bradley got a pretty good dumdum edit right there too, this is some good poo poo.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

The Bloop posted:

WHAT'S UP PROBST?

This ruled

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Angela is giving me serious crazy-eyes Matt from way back in the Amazon in that last shot. It needs to be giffed.

world class thousand year stare imo

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

can't say I was expecting it to go like that

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Dugong posted:

If the producers don’t want pagongings, maybe they shouldn’t make the starting tribes so unbalanced :shrug:

If the producers don't want pagongings, maybe they should put like six more advantages into the game :colbert:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Next time they do a returnees season they should put Chris on the same tribe with Coach

Coach was on the RHAP Know it Alls podcast last night and had a fun exchange about this very topic!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Spatula City posted:

Is anyone else thinking Desiree and Kellyn are screwed early to mid merge? I think it was James who was talking about how it's bad play to foreclose any possibility of working with the other side, and in the modern era of Survivor, this is absolutely true. I guess maybe they've made an arrangement with Michael, but if the show's not showing it, it probably isn't a factor.

So Kellyn and Desiree should have instead voted for Desiree? Don't think you thought this plan all the way through.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Schlonged Again posted:

I think the problem is partly this, but mostly it's that the constant and pointless tribe swaps have ruined the pre-merge game. It's been an issue for a few seasons now, but it's very evident this season.

If they didn't swap tribes then Malolo would probably keep losing tribe immunity challenges and the end results would be.... a bunch of Malolo going home!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

It was really funny this week when people were all :byodood: I'M LOYAL TO MY TRIBE :byodame: referring to the one they spent 6 days in, and not the one they spent 9 days in after that.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Fast Luck posted:

Angela sucks but i guess these specific people didn't betray Angela AND original naviti will clearly have the numbers in future swaps and at merge so maybe not the most opportune time to vote against them. Her best hope is Chris gets voted out soon so she can just sit there safe and anonymous at the bottom of the majority alliance totem pole until the moment to do some moves presents itself. I doubt she was considering that stuff though and she seems like shes just a dumb rigid person that drank KellyN's kool aid

Yeah James got really unlucky that the other Naviti on this tribe weren't the ones that tried to double cross Angela.

Did we ever see what side of the Chris/Dom divide Kellyn and Desiree were on? If it was shown at all it would have been in ep 1 and I didn't know the players well enough at the time to remember.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

ApplesandOranges posted:

How many confessionals has Domenick had that don't involve Chris? It's like watching a kid on the playground say they hate their childhood crush.

what should he have talked about instead

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

My stream was misbehaving. What did I miss before the reward challenge?

Yeah same but instead of a fussy stream, I was having a nap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Think this is a bone headed move here but can appreciate the comedy.

• Locked thread