Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

precision posted:

And lmao "social media strategist" being a real thing.

Oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg

I dunno about a pony but Chris sounds like a butt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

blue squares posted:

And here I am stuck in mountain time being unable to livepost with you all :'(

lol move to a real time zone

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sportsgenius86 posted:

That was stupid and forfeiting was the right decision

:hai:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I am so glad they are subbing Donathon :lol:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

You guys think there's an idol?

Well, I'm gonna go exploring.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Buying yourself a free immunity is fine but maybe don't tell the tribe that could keep giving it to you

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol her whisper stunt cost her

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

First question is about the note lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

"And everyone thinks it's real"

lmao

also since someone pointed out choosing the poc as the puzzle solver I'm gonna point out who the two shooters were in the basketball game :v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Stephanie is great.

Jacob is an idiot.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Brendan just wants to get this over with

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Definitely the right vote even though I think Beauty and the Beast had a ton of entertainment potential

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Codependent Poster posted:

He acted like Stephanie was the first attractive woman to ever talk to him.

It's possible she was

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

STAC Goat posted:

I sorta almost want to half defend the fake idol thing. I mean... I don't know. It seems like there's some scenario where that could work out where he like offers to share the fake idol and uses it to take Chris out? I don't know. I guess that's a really narrow window at best and it still comes with all kinds of consequences. It was just an odd enough move that he's got me looking for angles I don't see.

The idea was fine. The execution was abysmal.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Teek posted:

I say take a screenshot and have the image printed on top of one of those "print your image" custom birthday cakes. Then post a pic of it in the thread. Seems like that would be more fun that just eating a piece of paper it's printed on. Maybe you could also include a picture of Jeff's head in the image or make the cake more Survivor themed.

This way you have to pay some money out of pocket for the cake so it's a bit of a real punishment.

I like this, also because you have to give the image to the bakery to actually put on the cake.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lone Goat posted:

Doubt it, she knows Libby just betrayed her, she said "Don't trust the cute ones" on her way out.

She said cute blonde but yeah

Shneak posted:

I thought Morgan and Libby were allies :lol:

The editing for that TC was all over the place.

They set up the Morgan vote when the four former Malolo convened right before tribal.

I wonder what happens next, it's still 4-4 and the Naviti now know they can't trust the others.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It's 4-4, but unless they randomly change how Ghost Island works, there will only be 7 at the next tribal.

right, durr

Which makes it even worse, imo, because if they had gone with voting off Angela then they'd be ok no matter what. If it's one of them they can still fall back on voting off Chris, and if it's one of Naviti they have a 4-3 advantage and control the vote.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

I think there was some effort there, it was that whole original Malolo group of the tribe looking, and if you noticed in some of the cuts in the montage, their clothes were different than in others, so it didn't happen all at once either.

Yeah, I'm not sure where "seemingly little effort" comes from, they showed them canvassing several different locations as a group before finally finding one. Once again, they found it because the "safe" alliance was too stupid to follow them around when they're obviously looking.

quote:

Interesting that when they were discussing targets, someone was like, "No, let's not do Wendell," and so just like that he was off the table, but Libby couldn't save Morgan. So, it's like Libby wasn't as willing to take a stand or just isn't listened to as much, but she still got that story edit about being close to Morgan and cutting her that makes me think she might be a player.

This was probably a victim of editing, but also Wendell clearly helps them more physically than Morgan in challenges (just don't have him work on puzzles) so that probably factored into keeping him around.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:siren: Chelsea speaks! :siren:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

BrandonBradley's confessionals are setting him way up for a fall, I think someone flips or they guess right with the idol.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 15, 2018

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Michael is a drat smooth talker

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Aww :(

It was a good shot

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

AdmiralViscen posted:

Why did he tell them the 4 votes were for Bradley? He should have said they selected someone at random

What purpose does that serve? You can't flip if you don't know who to vote for, and flipping if you think it might be you does you zero good. The ploy was to try and get one of the perceived bottom to flip and he played it about as well as he could have.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bbf2 posted:

The move is to say "I'm playing this (fake double) idol on two of us. These two girls are voting for Bradley, and me and Brendan will be putting two votes on another one of you that we picked earlier at random. The only way to guarantee its not you going home is for you to vote Bradley"

(and then in actuality all four of them vote Bradley but hopefully this scares at least one of them into adding a fifth vote as well)

That's 100% the move but it's not what we were discussing :v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ApplesandOranges posted:

Also, I'm surprised the Naviti tribe didn't consider just going to split their votes between Domenick and Chris.

I think that as superfans they know that unless you have a suuuuuper toxic player on your tribe that you're 10000% sure has no idol, you never throw a challenge because 100% sure you're safe is infinitely better than 99% sure you're safe. And even though they're obviously two factions going against each other, Dom and Chris are far from toxic, or at least that's my read from what we've seen.

curiousCat posted:

Laurel and Donathan as a power couple is nice.

Laurel beasting on that reward challenge owned.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

It's really bizarre going into a tribal not wondering if an idol or a flip will affect the voting. I can't remember the last time a narrative was entirely "who will the power alliance decide to axe" with no other possible plotlines

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If there's a three way split I'm assuming they'll do a double elimination episode. They have to do two of them to make up for the two extra players, right?

I'm also assuming that the merge will come at 13, since that's the first time Dom's advantage can be used.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

Kinda hating that division between old Malolos and old Naviti on the new Malolo tribe. I mean, not just because it's pagonging out people I liked and making for boring episodes, but I also just don't think it's very good gameplay.

Maybe vote out an original Malolo in the first vote so you all can be safe, but you should be finding people from the other tribe you like and forging new alliances here. Or at least pretend to sell them on the idea that they're with you. This is a very short-term game they're playing that'll keep them all safe in their current tribe makeup but with the risk of isolating themselves big time if the other tribe is getting along, since whoever survives your pagong is gonna badly want to flip against you.

What they're doing is better for post-merge gameplay, but in the first swap it's just not smart to draw such extremely firm lines in the sand. You have no idea what's going on at that other beach.

Yeah, I was thinking along those lines. It almost feels like the Naviti five are just assuming they'll be able to team up with the Navitis from the other tribe at the merge, but you can tell that a lot of them are forming bonds with the four Malolos, so they could just easily pull in the outcasts and have a majority at merge and pagong the pagongers.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Stephanie's exit interview shone some light on why the pagonging was so bad and also puts a lot of context into a couple things she said at tribal, as well as why the votes were all on her

quote:

Holmes: Last night felt like an old-school episode of “Survivor.” We’ve got no idols, no advantages, we have an alliance that doesn’t seem to have any cracks. You’re just left to your own devices. Looking back, was there anything else you could have possibly done?

Johnson: The second that I got back to camp after Ghost Island, I realized it wasn’t the same tribe that I had left. Twenty four hours makes a huge difference. I brought Jenna and Michael to the side and I started plotting and scheming. And Jenna wouldn’t even look me in the eyes. It was at that point that I realized that they had made an arrangement and they were going to flip. Something was different, so I completely ditched them. I worked on the relationships I had with Naviti while looking for an idol. But, I worked Bradley, Kellyn, and Chelsea, trying to…like you said, “Old School.” If you do this for me, I’m in your corner. Use my vote. But I came up short.

https://my.xfinity.com/blogs/tv/2018/03/22/survivor-castaway-stephanie-i-feel-like-my-best-friend-backstabbed-me/

She and Jenna were also literally trying to cause Bradley to be med evac'd :lol:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

I'm just mad they're screwing around with the Ghost Island mechanic. It originally hid someone from a TC, and then post-swap, it still hid Chris Noble from a TC. Why did it suddenly change after that?! It would have been so much better if it hadn't. KellyN gone would've made that first Bradley vote 4-4, and more interesting than the straight 5-4 numbers we had, even if Michael's idol play was a fun try. Then in the next vote, Stephanie would've been safe on GI, and maybe Michael plays his idol right or I don't know, but it would've been better, and also I'm just frustrated how illogical it was for the Ghost Island TC escape to disappear at a seemingly random point.

They also have a better chance for people to flip if they can threaten going to rocks, thus actually putting the ones they want to flip in danger.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao Chris

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Oh my god Bradley.

The confessionals tonight have been so good.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Wendell is a loving boss

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Des, who on day one admitted to being bad at puzzles and proved it, somehow ended up in position to be leading blind people on a puzzle

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TMMadman posted:

I don't remember his name, but the space cadet hippy guy did really good job with that puzzle too. It looked like he had some good recognition of parts just from the touch.

Seabass?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Codependent Poster posted:

Haha that head turn

That Death Stare at Michael too

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Next time they do a returnees season they should put Chris on the same tribe with Coach

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Bloop posted:

FUCKIN STICK slowly gaining power :laffo:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Also

STOP. LETTING. PEOPLE. SEARCH. ALONE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU