Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

hayden. posted:

What is the most interesting 4 wheel racing if F1 sucks?

I think it was learnincurve who posted it but blancpain GT series is pretty good. I've watched a couple of races and seeing 50 odd very expensive sports cars duke it out is kinda cool and the commentary is decent. Better than the F1 sky commentary anyway. All available on YouTube too. Give it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Carth Dookie posted:

I think it was learnincurve who posted it but blancpain GT series is pretty good. I've watched a couple of races and seeing 50 odd very expensive sports cars duke it out is kinda cool and the commentary is decent. Better than the F1 sky commentary anyway. All available on YouTube too. Give it a shot.

It really is pretty decent, it's not ooh aah exciting but it's got moments.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

hayden. posted:

What is the most interesting 4 wheel racing if F1 sucks?

Dovi v Marquez.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
https://www.facebook.com/MotoGP/videos/494097467741412/

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Dammit, Cal!

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Holy poo poo watch Moto3.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Anyone doubting motogp's dominance of racing, every point on offer in the moto3 race was in the leading group going over the line on the last lap.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Sitting on the main straight right now. That race was bonkers

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Welp, haven't had one of those in a while.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Did Rossi intentionally play wing man for the laps he was in second?
That was one hell of a wreck.

timn
Mar 16, 2010
For some reason I was really hoping Bautista would make the podium. :smith:

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
and there was a sand/rain storm in Qatar, they killed off WSBK race 2. This ends JRea's quest for most wins in a season and most wins consecutively.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
:stare:

https://i.imgur.com/IQJoalE.mp4

Was really hoping Zarco could pull off a top 5 on this one, but welp.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I've watched that crash WAY too many times now, it's mesmerizing

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
The Australian Moto3 race was so awesome they made it free.(you just need a free motogp.com login)

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2018/10/30/watch-the-moto3-assault-on-the-island-for-free/276930

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
PI is the best track

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

nsaP posted:

PI is the best track

I used to think this but now I realise you need at least one really heavy braking zone for the bikes/riders to show all their talents. Ergo assen is the superior layout.

It's interesting how close GP lap times are to Moto2 at PI - those skinnier tyres go a long way when you don't need to brake or accelerate hard.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Wat...PI has 2

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Barely.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Does it? Every time I watch a race there I think "when is this turn gonna end?" and it never ends

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
gently caress, Moto3 and Moto2 were great. Even if I had to watch them in French.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Saw the fan questions video and Marquez likes pineapple on his pizza. Truly a monster.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I thought it was weird until I worked at McDonalds and everyone there was sick of the food so we'd trade leftover breakfast food for Domino's pizza, always pineapple and jalapeno, and it kicks rear end.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I worked at a pizza place that served a Hawaiian pizza and I'll never accept pineapple.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Pineapple & jalapeņo are a pro pizza combo.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Also for those that didn't know, Bautista won't be in MotoGP next year. He's being sent to ride in WSBK for 2019 replacing Marco Melandri.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I didn't realise how tiny melandri was. I went to a restaurant on Phillip island after the Gp that had a bunch of rider leathers hanging up from various dudes. they had a simoncelli set, a Rossi set and a bunch of other MotoGP and superbike rider leathers on display. Melandri's set was easily the smallest. Dude is a fuckin house elf.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
SIC was a giant by GP rider standards. Even Rossi is big and he's only like 5'11 I think.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

nsaP posted:

SIC was a giant by GP rider standards. Even Rossi is big and he's only like 5'11 I think.

They had heaps of others for contrast, I just named those two as some of the bigger names that people would recognise.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Carth Dookie posted:

I didn't realise how tiny melandri was. I went to a restaurant on Phillip island after the Gp that had a bunch of rider leathers hanging up from various dudes. they had a simoncelli set, a Rossi set and a bunch of other MotoGP and superbike rider leathers on display. Melandri's set was easily the smallest. Dude is a fuckin house elf.

Have you heard of a 'Dani Pedrosa'? Cause he's shorter than Melandri by quite a bit.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Not that it matters too much, Marquez got pole, but was then given a 6 place grid penalty for irresponsible riding in an incident with Iannone of all people.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Lin Jarvis' face :allears:

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Wow unbelievable. More tricks from MM. This time he applied steady pressure and forced a mistake. Totally his fault that Rossi crashed, hope the FIA do the right thing and ban him.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

Slavvy posted:

Lin Jarvis' face :allears:

Not sure I remember him ever reacting so much, or at least it's pretty rare.

I was cheering for MM this round, was fun to see him come up through the grid. Wish JL would come back.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Zarco shoulda had 2nd after Rossi crashed out, but nice one from Rins regardless.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Sete Gibernau is coming out of retirement to race motoE.

Where's that jumbo sized :psyboom: again?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The classic "I blew all my money in bad investments/I owe the mob a ton of money and value my arms/life" move.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Slavvy posted:

Sete Gibernau is coming out of retirement to race motoE.

Where's that jumbo sized :psyboom: again?

Can we get Rossi to race MotoE so he might win something?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Anyone itt brave enough to wear this?

https://store.motogp.com/en/5303_rossi-wlf-46-cap.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Ugh, the exchange rate is not favorable, and I don't NEED another hat...but I would wear that in a heartbeat.