Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Yvonmukluk posted:

Yeah, I'm thinking I might burn the run to the ground and start over, that's probably gonna be beyond my reach entirely.

I love this game, but I suck real bad at it.

play it through and see what totally harmless events happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilliman
Apr 5, 2017

Animal went forth into the future and made worlds in his own image. And it was wild.

Gort posted:

Loving the game so far. Slow expansion through outpost spam feels much better than what we had before.

It feels more like you're investing in your empire all the way trough mid game too. I like it. It feels a bit slow compared to previous version but that's just a matter of getting used to it.
I really like that I'm constantly doing stuff now.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

So I've had four new pirate stations spawn at my empires borders, and they get to jump into a nearby system and wipe out my stations before the fleet can arrive.

And then the marauders decide to cut through my entire territory en route to another place, so that was... 12 stations and a science ship lost before I remembered I had to move things out of the way? And then I didn't think they'd come back... and that was another 6 stations lost after rebuilding.

That 3.5k raiding fleet is something else. Main staircase is now at 1.1k (they blew through my home system too) and fleet is near 1k as well. Maybe I'll need to build a few defense stations for the next time.

It's going to feel good to get revenge on those marauders at some point.

Edit: leaving staircase

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I like 2.0 a lot so far, the early game feels a lot slower/more deliberate and I've faced a lot more decision making for tech/civics than before when I pretty much could do the same thing. The new mastery of nature is really useful for the game I'm in right now where I only had five small planets (size 11-13) nearby and I'm getting 2-3 more spaces from each of them (though the influence cost is really high for how strapped I am for it).

Also managed to complete the precursor chain without the random anomalies showing up in discovered space for the first time ever I think? So that's a welcome change...as is the ruined Cybrex ringworld system in the core of my empire :getin:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Hello darkness, my old friend.

I don't know what to play! :negative:

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

so barbaric despoilers seems really...bad? at least in the early game. It takes forever to rack up enough planet damage to trigger an abduction. Last time i trounced a fleet, and a starbase, and sat there bombarding the planet until their fleet came out again and gave me enough exhaustion to force a status quo. It seems like i would've been way better off just invading with my troops. Probably takes less time!

Mulloy
Jan 3, 2005

I am your best friend's wife's sword student's current roommate.
I cannot express how sad I am to discover I can't be a spiritualist machine empire. RIP Deus Vult ex Machina.

In other news, mushroom zealots incoming.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Mulloy posted:

I cannot express how sad I am to discover I can't be a spiritualist machine empire. RIP Deus Vult ex Machina.

In other news, mushroom zealots incoming.

Juffo-Wup is inevitable.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Hello darkness, my old friend.

I don't know what to play! :negative:

You mean there are people who don't just play every game as random? They're the best starts!

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

uhhh Wiz i have a bit of a problem

looks like it doesn't seem to affect anything in-game at least but my title screen's all fucky

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
How do you increase fleet command limit? Research i haven't discovered yet? NOT "Naval Capacity", fleet sizes.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Two games now I keep getting my poo poo pushed in by Marauders with 4k power flyers and I have half that at my fleet cap max. Assuming bugs/balance issues here? Also I paid tribute to them but looks like they just care gently caress all about that if someone owes them money. Hmm.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Dongattack posted:

How do you increase fleet command limit? Research i haven't discovered yet? NOT "Naval Capacity", fleet sizes.

Mostly through researching new hull types.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oh.

OH.

:ohdear:

I forgot there was a popup talking about a Crystalline Asteroid field...I thought it was talking about another system I'd been surveying at the time.

I should probably build a large fleet, shouldn't I?

:allears:

It's fun! Totally harmless! Nothing to worry about!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ms Adequate posted:

Mostly through researching new hull types.

There's also a Society tech (that I think is repeatable) that increases Command Limit.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Vermain posted:

There's also a Society tech (that I think is repeatable) that increases Command Limit.

I'm like 80% sure that I found some command limit increases in my tech tree after I got Destroyers researched.. As well, I believe there are buildings/upgrades you can make to your starbases?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I can't figure out how to build FTL inhibitors in space. It turns out that the reason marauders keep showing up in my space is that I snatched up a wormhole that lies right between the home systems of two separate hordes. I built a big ol' star fortress and loaded it up with guns, but it turns out that FTL inhibitors are neither a starport module nor a building, so they'll just ignore the fortress and tear across my empire on their way to gently caress someone else's poo poo up, and then head back home the same way. I can't even bribe them because nobody paid them to attack me. :(

Dongattack posted:

There's a new series of "doctrine" society techs that give +20 fleet size which mirror the +30 capacity techs. Outside of that there's a supremacy tradition, I think an ascension perk, and you get +10 when you research a new ship type.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Is there a basic playguide for 2.0 or should I just watch someone play it on youtube? I'm 4 hours in and have dozens and dozens of outposts and my resource income is insane but my research is so slow that I'm about to enter the midgame and I only have level 3 weapons. I have a 100 feet cap but it's only about 3k strength. I don't think I'm doing this right.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Everyone something is really really wrong with my game

My sector.... it... it's producing a sensible amount of food with a slight, but by no means excessive or wasteful, excess. :ohdear:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Arven posted:

Is there a basic playguide for 2.0 or should I just watch someone play it on youtube? I'm 4 hours in and have dozens and dozens of outposts and my resource income is insane but my research is so slow that I'm about to enter the midgame and I only have level 3 weapons. I have a 100 feet cap but it's only about 3k strength. I don't think I'm doing this right.

From the sounds of things, you expanded a bit too quickly. Each outpost increases the amount it takes to research a tech or get enough unity to unlock a tradition.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Ms Adequate posted:

My sector.... it... it's producing a sensible amount of food with a slight, but by no means excessive or wasteful, excess. :ohdear:
I literally do not believe you. I honestly do not. You are lying. Wiz paid you say that or you are a Russian bot. Nothing can EVER fix the sector AI.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Diogines posted:

I literally do not believe you. I honestly do not. You are lying. Wiz paid you say that or you are a Russian bot. Nothing can EVER fix the sector AI.

Listen. Listen. My normal response would be to be like "Yep you got me Wiz paid me with a copy of East vs. West" or something and play it off. But I've got to break kayfabe here, because this is not something I'm any more able to handle than you are.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Arven posted:

I did the same thing, and I ended up having the second-strongest (standard empire) fleet in the galaxy, by the time midgame rolled around, but behind almost everyone tech-wise. It's pretty far from how I usually play, but I dig having some weight to throw around.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Ms Adequate posted:

Listen. Listen. My normal response would be to be like "Yep you got me Wiz paid me with a copy of East vs. West" or something and play it off. But I've got to break kayfabe here, because this is not something I'm any more able to handle than you are.

Photoshoped.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

You still progress with research even when someone isn't assigned??

Very convenient.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

One thing to note with regards to undersized fleets is that gussied-up starbases are insanely powerful now, especially if you invest some of your Engineering tech options into them. If you can figure out the most convenient bottlenecks early and claim them, you can set down a starbase that will easily beat (or at least significantly stall) most equivalent fleets.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
50 years in to a 2.0 game and 2 of my four colonies turned into toxic planets and killed all the inhabitants :negative:

I'll happily admit I'm an idiot but I'm finding the fleet planner a bit confusing. What do the X/X figures refer to for ship numbers and how do I stop making a template that exceeds my fleet limit?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Captain Splendid posted:

50 years in to a 2.0 game and 2 of my four colonies turned into toxic planets and killed all the inhabitants :negative:

I'll happily admit I'm an idiot but I'm finding the fleet planner a bit confusing. What do the X/X figures refer to for ship numbers and how do I stop making a template that exceeds my fleet limit?

The X/Y refers to X being the amount of ships currently of that type currently, the Y being the target for the amount of ships you want of that type.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
So I see a bundle is on sale on Steam: Stellaris+Utopia+Plantoids+Leviathan for $31

I like the idea of a 4X space game, enjoy the concept of a Star Trekesque game, and like Civ well enough. Could never make myself care about Crusader Kings, even though it seemed cool. Is this worth 30 buckaroos, or should I just spend that money on a lot of Taco Bell?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

mysterious frankie posted:

So I see a bundle is on sale on Steam: Stellaris+Utopia+Plantoids+Leviathan for $31

I like the idea of a 4X space game, enjoy the concept of a Star Trekesque game, and like Civ well enough. Could never make myself care about Crusader Kings, even though it seemed cool. Is this worth 30 buckaroos, or should I just spend that money on a lot of Taco Bell?

game good buy game

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

stellaris isn't super ck-y, there's not nearly the amount of internal politicking just to change succession laws or to get your council to approve a war you want to do and so on

if you like a lot of options in customizing your empire and/or painting the map your color you'll probably dig stellaris

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
game bad buy game

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I can't figure out how to build FTL inhibitors in space.

I saw FTL inhibitors on the Fortress (the second level of the Stronghold defense building you can build on planets), but I haven't seen if you can get them as buildings on starbases. They have a bunch of different buildings that affect fleets, but perhaps they don't have FTL inhibitors.

Also, not sure if this is a bug, but the total cost being computed to reinforce all fleets in the manager is showing N+1 cost where N is what you can currently build. It'd be a lot more helpful if it showed the cost to reinforce everything to the template.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
At some point my Warframe Emblems mod stopped working. Anyone know what changed in the past that might have broke it? (I haven't touched the game in a bit, so I don't know what's up)

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
I just discovered that they nerfed trader enclaves. Instead of a flat trade, it's now a monthly trade. I can no longer dump my stockpiled energy into minerals for fleet rebuilding, which means I'm probably going to lose this war.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Tried to do that Fanatical thing and its been stuck on "processing/Pending" for over thirty minutes. Kinda BS. Think I'll just request the order be cancelled/refunded and get it at Paradox Plaza or steam.

Did anyone else have a problem?

I did it this afternoon without issue.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Ms Adequate posted:

Oh. OHHHHHHHHHH

I understand why people were moaning about sectors now. I only play robots, so I never had to deal with the sector AI being dumb with food. :v:

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Well hell, depending on how important Star Trekkiness is to you, probably the most well put-together total conversion mod for the game is Star Trek.

I think it's totally worth 30 buckaroos, and another 20 for the new Apocalypse expansion too.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Squiggle posted:

Well hell, depending on how important Star Trekkiness is to you, probably the most well put-together total conversion mod for the game is Star Trek.

I think it's totally worth 30 buckaroos, and another 20 for the new Apocalypse expansion too.

Not just the best TC for Stellaris but probably the best Trek game, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I was utterly decimating a lovely bird empire and while i was bombarding the defenses of one of their planets down (which takes loving ages now btw) they somehow just forced white peace?

I was insane murder robots using a purification casus belli, and i had eradicated their fleet twice.