Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

IAmTheRad posted:

I found out about this after I picked up the expansion from Steam. I could get a refund but meh.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/dlc/stellaris-apocalypse
Apocalypse for 15% off. Fanatical is legit, they're owned by Focus Multimedia.

postcapt posted:

You can apply the discount code "LUNAR8" for another 8% off.

quoting these for the new thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

Clanpot Shake posted:

How legit are sites like this?

afaik pretty legit. site's owned by Focus Multimedia who're videogame publishers.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

i'm at work so i can't check, but how does war declaration work now? do you really have to be physically bordering someone to wardec them? what about someone you particularly hate on the other side of the galaxy? does that mean you have to send construction ships with your fleets?

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

uhhh Wiz i have a bit of a problem

looks like it doesn't seem to affect anything in-game at least but my title screen's all fucky

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

hey so i'm using Guilli's Technologies, and i was suggested by a friend to post an issue here since Guilli is a goon and might see it.

i'm having a crash issue where my game dies at the end of the month consistently, which seems to be being caused by an event trigger failing. this is what shows up in the error log immediately before the crash:
code:
[21:20:42][trigger_impl.cpp:840]: Script Error: Invalid context switch[FromFrom], file: events/gt_events.txt line: 34, Scope: 
i rummaged through GT a bit and the supposed offending code in there is this:
code:
# when system changes owner 1
# From = system
# FromFrom = country (new owner)
# This = country (previous owner)
event = {
    id = gt_events.2
    hide_window = yes

is_triggered_only = yes

trigger = {
		FromFrom = { has_technology = GT_shipsize_mining_station_hull_add }
    }
    immediate = {
		FromFrom = {
			every_owned_ship = {
				ship_event = { id = gt_events.1 }
			}
		}
    }
}
the only thing i can think of that's happening is that "FromFrom" might be empty, so it's crashing when it does the check? either way, kind of a show-stopper, and hopefully Guilli or someone who knows more than me about stellaris modding can help me make a quick patch for it i can slap on it.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

GunnerJ posted:

Can't tell off the bat what's going on but I agree that fromfrom is probably undefined. Meaning maybe that in whatever context calls this, it doesn't create a new owner for some reason. What calls this event? (Likely in on_actions or another event.) Also it's weird that this is just an "event" and not a "country_event" or something. Plain rear end events exist but aren't common.

Hope Guilli sees this!
it occurs to me, something that might be happening could be it being broken by the names of some of the empires? i recently changed up some of my empires to have colours in their names (which looks horrible on the galaxy map, you can see the special characters and no colours :() and possibly it's screwing with it somehow. i'm gonna pop it open in an editor and modify the empire names to not have special characters in them and see if that helps.

really hoping i can figure out a fix or workaround, this is the first game i've actually managed to not be in constant horrible deficits and am strong enough that the only empire even remotely equal to me (other than the fallen empire) is cONSume the FLESH, the friendly neighbourhood devouring swarm.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

dunno. here's what i have right now, as far as i know GT is the big one, but i could be wrong. game spits them out in alphabetical order, i made sure compatibility mods are loaded at the bottom and SLEX is at the top.
code:
Mod_1: Archaeology Story Pack 
Mod_2: Astronomical Emblem Pack 
Mod_3: Auto Survey At Start Standalone 
Mod_4: Compatibility - Guilli's Techs & Planetary Diversity 
Mod_5: Dark UI 
Mod_6: Expanded Colours [180 Colours] 
Mod_7: Feed the Lithoids 
Mod_8: Guilli's Planet Modifiers 2.7 
Mod_9: Guilli's Ship Components 2.7 
Mod_10: Guilli's Technologies 2.7 
Mod_11: Just More Flags (Achievement Compatible) 
Mod_12: Just Name Lists 
Mod_13: Just Star Names 
Mod_14: Light Borders + Swapped Colors + Star Pins 
Mod_15: Machine Shipset 
Mod_16: More Events Mod 
Mod_17: Planetary Diversity 
Mod_18: Psionics Re-Re-Expanded 
Mod_19: Real Space - Colour Out of Deep 
Mod_20: Real Space 3.6 
Mod_21: SLEX 
Mod_22: Shorter Senat Time 
Mod_23: SpeedDial 
Mod_24: Spook's Space Empires 
Mod_25: "Tier Numbers: Tech" 
Mod_26: Tiny Outliner v2 
Mod_27: UI Bigger Font 
Mod_28: UI Overhaul Dynamic 
Mod_29: UI Overhaul Dynamic + Expanded Colours 
Mod_30: UI Overhaul Dynamic + Planetary Diversity 
Mod_31: UI Overhaul Dynamic + SpeedDial 
Mod_32: UI Overhaul Dynamic + Tiny Outliner v2 
Mod_33: UI Overhaul Dynamic - Dark UI 
Mod_34: UI Overhaul Dynamic - No Backgrounds 
Mod_35: War Name Variety - UPDATED 
edit: Spook's Space Empires is my mod, it just adds custom empires so i can play in a galaxy of premade ones instead of weird random empires. i find it gives the game more personality. doesn't edit any governments or events, just a bunch of prescripted_country entries.

if it helps, the game is at 2331.01.01, the game crashes on the 28th of the month without fail, and the current midgame crisis is the surveyor probe flying around blowing everyone the gently caress up.

edit: ok so i deleted the event to see if i could get past 2331.01.28 and then re-add it, crash still happens. makes me think the issue isn't Guilli's, but something else. maybe something is creating an empire and it's crashing? this is showing up a ton right at the end of the crash log, right before where the GT error was showing up:
code:
[22:42:30][trigger_impl.cpp:24110]: Invalid origin with key [origin_pd_shroud]  file:  file: events/pd_engine.txt line: 1433 line: 1
that's from Planetary Diversity. the really unhelpful exception being thrown is this
code:
Unhandled exception C0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) at address 0x00007FF61EAA43B8
edit: cleaned out every reference to origin_pd_shroud and that didn't fix it either. problem is way deeper than either, i think. even disabling both doesn't fix it (but does cause really bizarre weirdness, haw). it might be that this save has run its course :(

surfacelevelspeck fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jul 1, 2020

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

Affi posted:

Are there any save game compatible mods that fixes automated sectors because they are doing nothing. And I draw my lines at 15 planets..

Glavius's Ultimate AI and StarNet AI both edit the sectors, should make them slightly less garbage, like not building unbelievable amounts of precinct houses for no reason or spamming civilian industries when what you actually need is an energy grid. StarNet is more feature complete, though it also makes AIs ridiculously aggressive - if you aren't optimally picking research to make your navy as strong as possible as quick as possible, you can run into a problem of the now really aggressive AIs curbstomping you early because you happened to be an ethic they don't like.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

Guilliman posted:

I've sadly found the error log to be entirely useless when it comes to game crashes. There's also a lot "errors" the error log logs that aren't really errors (more like warnings or false positives). There's a few with my mod that produce errors but work consistently fine. I think the error logging itself is not that well maintained on pdx's side.

Now onto crashing; rarely (and I mean rarely) will a script event cause a crash. Most crashes I've encounter/read/saw are caused by graphics parts (ui, ship models, portraits mods, shaders). I'm not sure to what extend that naming (name lists etc) can destabilise a game. Judging from the mod lists it could be an odd combination of things (sorry this isnt helpful I know). Short of making a test save, and disabling one mod, load save, see if it crashes and repeat I don't think there's a way to learn which mod is crashing it.

Sorry I cant be more helpful :( The game is relatively hard to crash compared to other modded games, so there's very little community pressure to have tools to find out why it crashes.

no worries, thanks for responding! i ended up just abandoning that save as even disabling literally every mod still caused the end-of-month crash which leads me to believe the issue is baked into the save file at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

to add to the list of tutorial videos i found this playlist by ColorsFade Gaming to be really useful! i disagree with him on priorities (he says minerals > energy > food, i tend to go energy >= food > minerals as food can be sold for more on the market) and would caution against putting autocthon monuments on your planets, but the video otherwise is very useful in going over in exacting detail all the various aspects of planets, trade routes, and war.